Which are your favorite David Beckham quotes?
David Beckham is a former English professional football player. During his playing days, he became one of the most famous footballers in the world owing to his successful stints at some of the most famous clubs in the world and also for his skills as a midfielder.
He won the coveted ‘treble’ with Manchester United and became one of their most famous players before going on to play for Real Madrid, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Major League Soccer team LA Galaxy in the United States.
Beckham has also been one of the biggest faces in the endorsement industry and has consistently been ranked among the richest footballers in the world throughout his career.
Here are our favorite quotes:
35 David Beckham Quotes
1.“In my career, there are many things I’ve won and many things I’ve achieved, but for me, my greatest achievement is my children and my family. It’s about being a good father, a good husband, just being connected to family as much as possible.” – David Beckham
2. “I still look at myself and want to improve.” – David Beckham
3. “I treat my job as a hobby. It’s something I love doing.” – David Beckham
4. “I respect all religions, but I’m not a deeply religious person. But I try and live life in the right way, respecting other people. I wasn’t brought up in a religious way, but I believe there’s something out there that looks after you.” – David Beckham
5. “Every situation has changed me as a person.” – David Beckham
6. “I’m a strong person, I’m a strong family man, I’m a strong husband and a strong father.” – David Beckham
7. “It’s a man’s job to respect a woman but it’s a woman’s job to give him something to respect.” – David Beckham
8. “The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.” – David Beckham
9. “That was my way of getting through difficult times of low confidence – hard work.” – David Beckham
10th of 35 David Beckham Quotes
10. “I have always believed that if you want to achieve anything special in life you have to work, work, and then work some more.” – David Beckham
11. “As a footballer, you always want to test yourself against the best.” – David Beckham
12. “I don’t regret anything but that doesn’t mean that I don’t look back and think, what was I thinking?” – David Beckham
13. “I never do anything half-heartedly. I will continue to work hard and do everything I can to be successful, whatever I do.” – David Beckham
14. “People react to criticism in different ways, and my way is definitely to come out fighting.” – David Beckham
15. “I always say that practice gets you to the top most of the time.” David Beckham
16. “No one’s ever really given me any style advice. I wear what I want, and it doesn’t matter what other people think.” – David Beckham
17. “I have got this obsessive compulsive disorder where I have to have everything in a straight line, or everything has to be in pairs.” – David Beckham
18. “Always have something to look forward to.” – David Beckham
19. “I’d rather have three really good friends than twenty good friends.” – David Beckham
20th of 35 David Beckham Quotes
20. “It’s so important to have manners and treat people from all walks of life the way they should be treated.” – David Beckham
21. “My private life is perfect. If your private life and your life outside football is good, then it is good on the field for you. ” – David Beckham
22. “Sir Alex Ferguson is the best manager I’ve ever had at this level. Well, he’s the only manager I’ve actually had at this level. But he’s the best manager I’ve ever had.” – David Beckham
23. “Hindsight is a wonderful thing.” – David Beckham
24. “When you have kids you do grow up. I have just started realizing it now-it changes the world, having children.” – David Beckham
25. “Whatever I do, I want to be the best.” – David Beckham
26. “Family is the most important thing to me.” – David Beckham
27. “My parents were always very strict, and they gave me the right beliefs in how to treat people – I try to pass that on to my own children.” – David Beckham
28. “Being hardworking is the best thing you can show children.” – David Beckham
29. “You can be the one in a million. Don’t be discouraged by the odds to succeed.” – David Beckham
30th of 35 David Beckham Quotes
30. “I’m a very stubborn person. I think it has helped me over my career. I’m sure it has hindered me at times as well, but not too many times. I know that if I set my mind to do something, even if people are saying I can’t do it, I will achieve it.” – David Beckham
31. “Don’t be like most people. Most people give up on their dreams.” – David Beckham
32. “The secret to my success is practice.” – David Beckham
33. “Like any parent, I just want the best for my kids, whatever they decide to do. They will choose what path they want to follow, and we will always be there to encourage them.” – David Beckham
34. “He was a quiet man, Eric Cantona, but he was a man of few words.” – David Beckham
35. “You will go through tough times, it’s about getting through them.” – David Beckham
Thanks for reading some of the greatest David Beckham quotes!
I’ll be back… with more quotes from great leaders and successful figures. Know any David Beckham fans? Go ahead and share this page with them!