John Wood is the author behind ‘Leaving Microsoft to Change the World: An Entrepreneur’s Odyssey to Educate the World’s Children‘, and founder of the charity ‘Room to Read’.
Wood left Microsoft in 1999 to travel the world, helping build school and libraries for children all across Asia. His book tells his inspiring, and truly remarkable story.
Here’s a collection of inspirational John Wood quotes:
The 23 Most Inspiring John Wood Quotes
1. “All kind of marvelous things go on. I don’t see how anyone who has looked, and seen, can do ought but say, ‘where I stand, wherever I stand, I am on holy ground.” – John Wood
2. “Don’t ask for permission. Just dive in.” – John Wood
3. “Education alone may not be enough to guarantee economic success. There are other success factors that matter, like good governance, rule of law, and access to trading routes and partners.” – John Wood
4. “If that’s what you want to do, then you should go do it-and do it well.” – John Wood
5. “If you are willing to work hard and make sacrifices and think long term, then Room to Read is the best organization for you. If you’re looking for a handout, then you should look elsewhere.” – John Wood
6. “My view of the charity world is that compared with business, there is too much talk, way too many meetings and expert panels and blue-ribbon commissions, and not enough action.” – John Wood
7. “Sometimes, it’s really important to move with all deliberate speed. If there is something out there that you want to do to make the world a better place, don’t focus on the obstacles.” – John Wood
8. “The more time you spend navel-gazing, the longer you give those negative gravitational forces to keep you in their tether.” – John Wood
9. “Books were considered precious. The school had so few that the teachers did not want to risk the children damaging them. I wondered how a book could impart knowledge if it was locked up, but kept that thought to myself.” – John Wood
10th of 23 John Wood Quotes
10. “Don’t tell us all the reasons this might not work. Tell us all the ways it could work.” – John Wood
11. “Education, after all, is the one issue that affects every other one. I think of it in the same way as dropping a pebble into a pond and getting a ripple effect.” – John Wood
12. “If we were lucky enough to be living a good life, we should recognize this gift and thank God for it by looking out for others who need our help in breaking out of the cycle of poverty.” – John Wood
13. “Literacy is as vital as food, security, limiting population growth, and control of the environment.” – John Wood
14. “Parents everywhere desire a better life for their children. It’s a near constant.” – John Wood
15. “Talent is evenly distributed. You never know how many talented people are out there until you invite and inspire them to be creative.” – John Wood
16. “There are two ways to remove a Band-Aid : slowly and painfully, or quickly and painfully. Your choice.” – John Wood
17. “Did my job really matter? A successful year would only help a rich company get richer.” – John Wood
18. “Educated people make more money and are more likely to escape poverty. Educated parents raise healthier children.” – John Wood
19th of 23 John Wood Quotes
19. “I knew that I had to free myself from any constraints that would prevent the pursuit of these dreams.” – John Wood
20. “If you are thinking about making some adjustments in you life to allow you to help change the world, my heartfelt recommendation is not to spend too much time thinking about it. Just dive in.” – John Wood
21. “Look, there are two ways to remove a Band-Aid: slowly and painfully, or quickly and painfully. Your choice.” – John Wood
22. “Right now what I need to think about is what would be possible, not all the reasons I can’t make a change.” – John Wood
23. “The biggest risk is that a lot of people will try to talk you out of pursuing your dream.” – John Wood
Thanks for viewing this collection of the best John Wood quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media.
Which are your favorite John Wood quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...