Hip hop quotes and lyrics are powerful;
Not only are many of them amazingly inspirational in themselves, but when spoken in song, the message becomes clearer and sinks in much more than it normally would. We all know how great music makes us feel.
The majority of hip hop quotes nowadays are about money, girls and success, but there’s still some great hip hop quotes about happiness in life spoken by famous rappers.
100 Great Hip Hop Quotes About Happiness
Here are 100 great hip hop quotes about happiness in life. Don’t forget to share them all with your friends and loved ones!
These quotes are all split out by the artist that said them. Artists such as Tupac, Wale, Kanye West, Eminem, Drake, Kid Cudi, Jay-Z and so on…
Tupac Shakur Quotes (2Pac)
1. “Remember one thing Through every dark night, there’s a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out. Keep your head up, and handle it.” – Tupac
2. “Life is a wheel of fortune and it’s my turn to spin it.” – Tupac
3. “You gotta be able to smile through the bullshit.” – Tupac
4. “Everybody’s at war with different things, I’m at war with my own heart sometimes.” – Tupac
5. “Forgive but don’t forget girl, keep ya head up. And when he tells you you ain’t nothing don’t believe him, and if he can’t learn to love you, you should leave him.” – Tupac
6. “My mama always used to tell me: if you can’t find something to live for, you best find something to die for.” – Tupac
Machine Gun Kelly Quotes (MGK)
7. “You see my tears, in the rain underneath it all, we’re just the same.” – Machine Gun Kelly
8. “Life is too short to live the same day twice. So each new day make sure you live your life.” – Machine Gun Kelly
9. “‘Cause whatever you love can be taken away, so live like it’s your dying day.” – Machine Gun Kelly
10. “Why do we try so hard to fit in, when we were born to stand out?” – Machine Gun Kelly
11. “If I woke up tomorrow and didn’t have a dolla, as long as I have my heart, I can get it all over.” – Wale
12. “Life without dreaming is a life without meaning.” – Wale
13. “Ice melts into rain, love turns into pain. Here I go again, falling in love again.” – Wale
14. “Rather lose love than to move on never knowing what it felt like.” – Wale
15. “I like the person that you are, but I’m in love with the person that you have potential to be.” – Wale
16. “Ambitious girl, you just wanna win and you’d rather chase your dreams, then to try chase these men that try to chase these skirts, that try to chase these shots with flavors that ain’t even as sweet as her.” – Wale
Kanye West Quotes
17. “Living well eliminates the need for revenge.” – Kanye West
18. “Memories have to be our most painful blessing.” – Kanye West
19. “If you admire someone, you should go ahead and tell them. People never get the flowers while they can still smell them.” – Kanye West
20. “I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem, or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams.” – Kanye West
Mac Miller Quotes
21. “No matter where life takes me. Find me with a smile.” – Mac Miller
22. “They’re gonna try to tell you no, shatter all your dreams. But you gotta get up and go and think of better things.” – Mac Miller
23. “Sometimes it’s hard to pick right from wrong. The best thing we can do is go with our heart, and hope it all goes well.” – Mac Miller
24. “Something ’bout the pain makes me want more… done a lot of drugs, never felt like this before.” – Mac Miller
25. “Kept breaking promises you said you would keep, so you can leave a message at the beep.” – Mac Miller
26. “If you’re scared to take chances, you’ll never have the answers.” – Nas
27. “You have to keep your vision clear, cause only a coward lives in fear.” – Nas
28. “Everything will eventually come to an end. So try to savor the moments, cuz time flies, don’t it? The beauty of life is to make it last for the better. Cuz nothing lasts forever.” – Nas
29. “Trust your own judgement, live with it and love it.” – Nas
30. “What do you base your happiness around? Material, women, and large paper? That means you’re inferior, not major.” – Nas
31. “Life’s a b****, but god forbid that b**** divorce me.” – Nas
32. “When people treat you like nothing, you begin to feel like nothing.” – Drake
33. “We always ignore the ones who adore us, and adore the ones who ignore us.” – Drake
34. “The worst feeling is feeling unwanted by the person you want the most.” – Drake
35. “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.” – Drake
36. “One day you’re gonna remember me and how much I love you… then you’re gonna hate yourself for letting me go.” – Drake
37. “If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don’t back down.” – Eminem
38. “You’ve got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something.” – Eminem
39. “Sometimes you just gotta let s*** go and say ‘to hell with it’ and move on.” – Eminem
40. “You can make something of your life, it just depends on your drive.” – Eminem
41. “The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride and nothing is guaranteed.” – Eminem
Kid Cudi Quotes
42. “Living life is a choice. Making a difference in someone else’s isn’t.” – Kid Cudi
43. “I’m on the pursuit of happiness. I know everything that shines ain’t always gold. I’ll be fine once I get it, I’ll be good.” – Kid Cudi
44. “People say that bad memories cause the most pain, but it’s actually the good ones that drive you insane.” – Kid Cudi
45. “If you can’t do what you imagine, then what is imagination to you?” – Kid Cudi
46. “The sooner you realize things will never be the same, the sooner you can move on.” – Kid Cudi
47. “My life, my choices, my mistakes, my lessons, not your business.” – Kid Cudi
Lil Wayne Quotes
48. “Never apologize for what you feel. It’s like apologizing for being real.” – Lil Wayne
49. “Take the first chance that you get, because you may never get another one.” – Lil Wayne
50. “They say love is the key. Somebody changed the lock.” – Lil Wayne
51. “Women are the most beautiful yet difficult beings known to man.” – Lil Wayne
52. “Love me or hate me, I stay hate free. They say we learn from mistakes well that’s why they mistake me.” – Lil Wayne
53. “I used to love here, f*** it, I still do. ‘Cause love never dies, but it can kill you.” – Lil Wayne
54. “If you don’t love me somebody else will.” – Lil Wayne
55. “I remember the love right after the fights. You can’t tell me you don’t remember those nights.” – Lil Wayne
Biggie Smalls Quotes
56. “Damn right I like the life I live, cause I went from negative to positive.” – Biggie Smalls
57. “We can’t change the world until we change ourselves.” – Biggie Smalls
58. “If you don’t love yourself, I’ll make you see your own heart.” – Biggie Smalls
59. “Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis. When I was dead broke man I couldn’t picture this.” – Biggie Smalls
60. “Stop lookin’ at what you ain’t got, and start being thankful for what you do got.” – T.I
61. “Some of y’all are not where you want to be in life. Yet you party every weekend. What exactly are you celebrating?” – T.I
62. “God will take you through hell, just to get to heaven.” – T.I
63. “Never mind what hater’s say, ignore ’em till they fade away.” – T.I
64. “I’m going to always rise above the doubt that may exist about me.” – T.I
Rick Ross Quotes
65. “Forget yesterday, live for today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.” – Rick Ross
66. “Regardless of how it goes down, life goes on.” – Rick Ross
67. “How many people you bless, is how you measure success.” – Rick Ross
68. “Everyday is a new opportunity to reach that goal.” – Rick Ross
Chris Brown Quotes
69. “Never let a couple of good memories make you move backwards. Look ahead and move on.” – Chris Brown
70. “If I had the moment, I’d capture that moment and you’d be right next to me.” – Chris Brown
71. “It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.” – Chris Brown
72. “Never assume you know what’s going on in someone’s life unless you heard it straight form the source.” – Chris Brown
73. “Remind yourself, nobody’s built like you. You design yourself.” – Jay Z
74. “Only God can judge me, so I’m gone, either love me or leave me alone.” – Jay Z
75. “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Because your character is what you really are. While your reputation is what others merely think you are.” – Jay Z
76. “They say you can’t turn a bad girl good. But once a good girl’s gone bad, she’s bad forever.” – Jay Z
Wiz Khalifa Quotes
77. “Don’t let the sadness from the past and the fear of the future ruin the happiness of the present.” – Wiz Khalifa
78. “Worrying is stupid. It’s like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain.” – Wiz Khalifa
79. “Good things come in good time.” – Wiz Khalifa
80. “A man who treats his woman like a princess is proof that he has been born and raised in the arms of a queen.” – Wiz Khalifa
81. “You don’t need too many people to be happy. Just a few real ones who appreciate you for who you are.” – Wiz Khalifa
Busta Rhymes Quotes
82. “Funny how the love be fake, but I ain’t stressing. Thankful for the love that’s genuine, appreciate the blessing.” – Busta Rhymes
83. “My making it is a combination of grinding, grinding, grinding, and being lucky enough to finally get a shot.” – Busta Rhymes
Andre 3000 Quotes
84. “Everyone has an addiction. Mine happens to be you.” – Andre 3000
85. “Asking what happened to the feeling that her and me had, I pray so much about it, need some knee pads. It happened for a reason, one can’t be mad.” – Andre 3000
86. “I love who you are, I love who you ain’t.” – Andre 3000
50 Cent Quotes
87. “Sunny days wouldn’t be so special, if it wasn’t for rain. Joy wouldn’t feel so good, if it wasn’t for pain.” – 50 Cent
88. “I’ll be your best friend, if you promise you’ll be mine.” – 50 Cent
89. “I’m the type to swallow my blood before I swallow my pride.” – 50 Cent
90. “I love you like a fat kid loves cake.” – 50 Cent
Childish Gambino Quotes
91. “Whenever you need my help, I will hold you down.” – Childish Gambino
92. “I’ll give you all of me until there’s nothing left.” – Childish Gambino
93. “I wanted you to know, whenever you are around, can’t speak, I can’t speak.” – Childish Gambino
94. “There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don’t know how.” – Childish Gambino
95. “What I wanna know is why I never fit in right, like a fat dude getting on a packed flight.” – Childish Gambino
Snoop Dogg Quotes
96. “You’ve got to always go back in time if you want to move forward.” – Snoop Dogg
97. “Sometimes if you’re lucky, someone comes into your life who’ll take up a place in your heart that no one else can fill.” – Snoop Dogg
98. “Well, hip hop is what makes the world go round.” – Snoop Dogg
99. “Sorry it had to end this way but uh, it is what it is.” – Snoop Dogg
100. “You might not have a car or big gold chain, stay true to yourself and things will change.” – Snoop Dogg
Thanks for checking out this awesome collection of hip hop quotes about happiness in life. Hip hop artists teach a lot about helping us to love ourselves, to move on from relationships and to be happy with who we are.
Hopefully these quotes have inspired you to do just that.
Please don’t forget to share them with all your friends using the share bar below.
If you haven’t done so already, check out the list of the top 20 motivational hip hop songs for entrepreneurs.
What are your favorite hip hop quotes of all time? Leave a comment below.
38 Bold & Motivational Kanye West Quotes
Kanye West is an American hip hop artist and entrepreneur.
He’s become known recently for some very strange social media outbursts, and some interesting interviews, in need of more money for his business ideas.
Kanye has always been known for being bold, a little arrogant, and so on. We thought we’d put this collection of the boldest Kanye West quotes together:
38 Bold Kanye West Quotes
1. “I refuse to accept other people’s ideas of happiness for me. As if there’s a ‘one size fits all’ standard for happiness.” – Kanye West
2. “I still think I am the greatest.” – Kanye West
3. “Keep your nose out the sky, keep your heart to god, and keep your face to the raising sun.” – Kanye West
4. “If you have the opportunity to play this game of life you need to appreciate every moment. a lot of people don’t appreciate the moment until it’s passed.” – Kanye West
5. “I feel like I’m too busy writing history to read it.” – Kanye West
6. “I don’t even listen to rap. My apartment is too nice to listen to rap in.” – Kanye West
7. “Know your worth! People always act like they’re doing more for you than you’re doing for them.” – Kanye West
8. “We all self-conscious. I’m just the first to admit it.” – Kanye West
9. “My message isn’t perfectly defined. I have, as a human being, fallen to peer pressure.” – Kanye West
10. “If I was just a fan of music, I would think that I was the number one artist in the world.” – Kanye West
11th of 38 Kanye West Quotes
11. “You don’t have to be scared of me, because I am loyal. Why are people so scared of creative ideas and so scared of truth? All I want to do is do good.” – Kanye West
12. “I really appreciate the moments that I was able to win rap album of the year or whatever.” – Kanye West
13. “Creative output, you know, is just pain. I’m going to be cliche for a minute and say that great art comes from pain.” – Kanye West
14. “I’m pretty calculating. I take stuff that I know appeals to people’s bad sides and match it up with stuff that appeals to their good sides.” – Kanye West
15. “Love your haters, they’re your biggest fans.” – Kanye West
16. “I don’t care about what people think, because people don’t think.” – Kanye West
17. “The prettiest people do the ugliest things.” – Kanye West
18. “I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem, or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams.” – Kanye West
19th of 38 Kanye West Quotes
19. “People never change. They just become better at hiding who they really are.” – Kanye West
20. “If you have the opportunity to play this game of life, you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don’t appreciate the moment until it’s passed.” – Kanye West
21. “For me, giving up is harder than trying.” – Kanye West
22. “You weren’t perfect, but you made life worth it.” – Kanye West
23. “I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice.” – Kanye West
24. “People always say that you can’t please everybody. I think that’s a cop-out. Why not attempt it? ‘Cause think of all the people you will please if you try.” – Kanye West
25. “Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed.” – Kanye West
26. “Why, if someone is good in one field can they not be accepted or given the slightest opportunity to express and be creative in other fields?” – Kanye West
27. “I would hear stories about Steve Jobs and feel like he was at 100 percent exactly what he wanted to do, but I’m sure even a Steve Jobs has compromised. Even a Rick Owens has compromised. You know, even a Kanye West has compromised. Sometimes you don’t even know when you’re being compromised till after the fact, and that’s what you regret.” – Kanye West
28. “Thirty-three-years-old, still creating art. It’s rage, it’s creativity, it’s pain, it’s hurt, but it’s the opportunity to still have my voice get out there through music.” – Kanye West
29. “I didn’t want to play it boring and safe. I also didn’t want to innovate too much. Second albums, man, they’re even scarier than first ones.” – Kanye West
30. “I’ll say things that are serious and put them in a joke form so people can enjoy them. We laugh to keep from crying.” – Kanye West
31. “I was never really good at anything except for the ability to learn.” – Kanye West
32. “I think I do myself a disservice by comparing myself to Steve Jobs and Walt Disney and human beings that we’ve seen before. It should be more like Willy Wonka… and welcome to my chocolate factory.” – Kanye West
33rd of 38 Kanye West Quotes
33. “Would you believe in what you believe in if you were the only one who believed it?” – Kanye West
34. “But for me to have the opportunity to stand in front of a bunch of executives and present myself, I had to hustle in my own way. I can’t tell you how frustrating it was that they didn’t get that. No joke – I’d leave meetings crying all the time.” – Kanye West
35. “Michael Jordan changed so much in basketball, he took his power to make a difference. It’s so much going on in music right now and somebody has to make a difference.” – Kanye West
36. “If you see a black family, it’s looting, but if it’s a white family they are looking for food.” – Kanye West
37. “My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.” – Kanye West
38. “Nothing in life is promised except death.” – Kanye West
Which are your favorite Kanye West quotes? Leave a comment below.
11 Unexpected Rick Ross Quotes About Life
In Rick Ross’ world, it’s all about money, cars and girls;
Just like with most hip hop artists today. The reason why I put “unexpected” in the title of this article is simply because in the type of world I mentioned above, it’s unusual for certain rappers to come out with very inspirational and wise lyrics.
Yet, the ‘Boss’ has spoken some true words of wisdom in his songs, and therefore I’ve listed several of the most inspirational and unexpected Rick Ross quotes about life.
11 Unexpected Rick Ross Quotes About Life
“Regardless of how it goes down… life goes on.” – Rick Ross
No matter what happens, life goes on and we should learn to accept the past. Don’t live your life with regret, constantly looking back over your shoulder. Life goes on and you should enjoy it.
“Every day is a new opportunity to reach that goal.” – Rick Ross
Every day when the sun rises we wake up with a new opportunity to better ourselves and our life, so make sure that you take it. Life is short, and we can’t afford to waste days lazing around, watching the world go by.
“How many people you bless, is how you measure your success.” – Rick Ross
Helping other people is the definition of success. The biggest effect you can have in life is that on the lives of others, and we should be afraid to die until we’ve made a major contribution to society.
“Momma gettin’ older feelin’ pains In her shoulder. I gotta stay focused and remain a little soldier” – Rick Ross
Keep your head high and stay focused if you or your family are going through tough times.
“Love is for free, just expensive to shop.” – Rick Ross
Falling in love is very easy once you find the right person. But it will take a long time to find that person in your life.
“Every boss started as a worker.” – Rick Ross
Everyone started at the bottom. It takes time and dedication to make your way to the top. So don’t give up and don’t be discouraged to go for what you want in life regardless.
“I’d never trade my old girl for all the money in the world. I’d never trade my daughter Toya for all the money in the world. I’d never trade my only boy for all the money in the world. I put my last name first!” – Rick Ross
Family comes before money always. Don’t get so caught up on making all the money in the world that you start to neglect your own family. They come first.
“You gotta judge a man by his principles.” – Rick Ross
Don’t judge a man by his car or how much money he has in his bank account. That’s a poor way of judging someone. The best way to judge someone’s character is by their principles.
“Living fast where it’s all about the money bags? Never front.” – Rick Ross
Never forget who you truly are. Money will be able to bring you new opportunities and life will be lived at a fast pace, but remember to stay humble and true to you through it all.
“Ambition is priceless. It’s something that’s in your veins.” – Rick Ross
If you don’t have ambition in life, then you’ll never truly reach your full potential. Ambition is priceless.
“Everyday I’m Hustlin'” – Rick Ross
It’s never too early to start hustling. Don’t take any days off!
Thanks for checking out these awesome Rick Ross quotes. Don’t forget to share them on social media.
What are your favorite Rick Ross quotes? Leave a comment below.
40 Inspirational Chris Brown Quotes
Despite some of the mistakes Chris Brown’s made in the past, and the complaints people may have about him, he’s a very inspirational guy.
I wanted to try and specify in the title what these Chris Brown quotes would be about. But quite frankly, there’s something here for everyone:
…you name it.
Take a look at this awesome collection of inspirational Chris Brown quotes we’ve put together today, from the hip hop legend himself.
40 Inspirational Chris Brown Quotes
1. “I want to meet someone who doesn’t already think they know me.” – Chris Brown
2. “Never assume you know what’s going on in someone’s life, unless you heard it straight from the source.” – Chris Brown
3. “Body is a blessing; ain’t no second guessing.” – Chris Brown
4. “Follow your dreams, just make sure you have fun too.” – Chris Brown
5. “How do you let it go when you… you just don’t know… what’s on the other side of the door? Talk about it…” – Chris Brown
6. “Look at me now. I’m getting paper!” – Chris Brown
7. “My tattoos complement my attitude.” – Chris Brown
8. “So please don’t judge me and I won’t judge you ’cause it could get ugly before it gets beautiful.” – Chris Brown
9th of 40 Chris Brown Quotes
9. “A relationship is not based on the length of time you spent together. It’s based on the foundation you built together.” – Chris Brown
10. “Take me as I am, not who I was.” – Chris Brown
11. “I don’t know your name but excuse me miss, I saw you from across the room. And I got to admit that you got my attention.” – Chris Brown
12. “If I had the minutes, I would turn ‘em into hours and make love to your mind not your body instead.” – Chris Brown
13. “Listen to your heart. Girl you know we should be apart. Baby I just can’t do it, and sometimes it makes me wanna cry.” – Chris Brown
14. “Rollin round, up and down, up in this bed. I don’t want you to forget.” – Chris Brown
15th of 40 Chris Brown Quotes
15. “There’s never a right time to say goodbye. But I gotta make the first move ’cause if I don’t you’re gonna start hating me.” – Chris Brown
16. “Wave to the haters like nanananana.” – Chris Brown
17. “Even when my world’s falling down, I still wear a smile.” – Chris Brown
18. “Never let a couple of good memories make you move backwards. Look ahead and move on.” – Chris Brown
19. “One o’clock, two o’clock, three o’clock, four. Hope you come back for more.” – Chris Brown
20. “People change, things go wrong. Just remember, life goes on.” – Chris Brown
21. “Everywhere that I’ve been, the only thing I see is beautiful people.” – Chris Brown
22. “I don’t wanna see you cry, but I don’t wanna be the one to tell you a lie…” – Chris Brown
23. “Me and my people do it big out in public, ’cause if you don’t do it big, you ain’t doing nothing.” – Chris Brown
24. “You’ll regret the day when I find another girl.” – Chris Brown
25th of 40 Chris Brown Quotes
25. “Amplify your life, not status. Trust no one. There is always a plot and motive.” – Chris Brown
26. “Be careful who you trust and tell your problems to.” – Chris Brown
27. “If you’re not happy being single, you’ll never be happy in a relationship. Get your own life, then share it.” – Chris Brown
28. “Haters keep on hating cause somebody’s gotta do it.” – Chris Brown
29. “I ain’t afraid to drown if that means I’m deep up in your ocean.” – Chris Brown
30. “I can definitely show you things that’s gonna have you saying I can’t be 16.” – Chris Brown
31. “I get what you get in 10 years, in two days.” – Chris Brown
32. “I’m gonna still buy gifts til she won’t turn none of them down. But she don’t want nothing from me and she gonna change her last name. She can’t wait to be Mrs. Brown.” – Chris Brown
33rd of 40 Chris Brown Quotes
33. “It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.” – Chris Brown
34. “You can’t be old and wise if you were never young and crazy.” – Chris Brown
35. “You start to live, when a moment feels like a lifetime.” – Chris Brown
36. “How I love to keep you here with me oh baby.” – Chris Brown
37. “If I had a moment, I’d capture that moment. You’d be right here next to me.” – Chris Brown
38. “Never meant to crush your world and I never thought I would see the day we grew apart.” – Chris Brown
39. “Pause so the fans can applause.” – Chris Brown
40. “You got that smile that only heaven can make.” – Chris Brown
Thanks for checking out our list of Chris Brown quotes. Don’t forget to take a look at all our other inspirational quotes, particularly from other hip hop artists.
What’re your favorite Chris Brown quotes? Leave a comment below.
Lunchtime Life Hacks: How to Improve Your Life In 1 Hour
For most of us, the non-eating portion of our lunch hour typically consists of browsing through forums and news sites,...
25 Donald Trump Quotes That Make Sense
There’s been a lot of talk about Donald Trump and his views on certain issues concerning what’s wrong with America....
Top 45 Self-Improvement Blogs For Men 2018
Wealthy Gorilla’s top blogs are back for 2018! This year, we have our new entry to our collections of top...
- Top Lists4 weeks ago
The 25 Richest Rappers in the World 2018
- Top Lists4 weeks ago
The Top 20 Richest Athletes in the World 2018
- Net Worth4 weeks ago
Jeff Bezos Net Worth
- Net Worth4 weeks ago
Eminem Net Worth
- Net Worth4 weeks ago
50 Cent Net Worth
- Top Lists4 weeks ago
The 20 Richest Comedians in the World 2018
- Net Worth4 weeks ago
Lil Wayne Net Worth
- Net Worth4 weeks ago
Cardi B Net Worth