Sergio Ramos is an ace Spanish footballer, who is the captain of both Spain’s national football team and the Spanish club ‘Real Madrid’. He has also played as a right-back earlier in his career.
Ramos has become a mainstay for ‘Real Madrid’ and has won 21 major honors, including four La Liga titles and four ‘UEFA Champions League’ titles, becoming one of La Liga’s top goalscorers from a defensive position. He has been named to the FIFPro World11 ten times; a record for a defender.
Here’s a collection of the most inspirational Sergio Ramos quotes:
50 Sergio Ramos Quotes About Soccer & Success
1. “Barcelona are not invincible.” – Sergio Ramos
2. “Flattery and criticism are always in our profession.” – Sergio Ramos
3. “I know the English fans will treat players as they deserve, and I’m not worried about that in the slightest.” – Sergio Ramos
4. “I think Pique, apart from the odd personal remark, has never had a bad opinion about any of my teammates at Real Madrid, but obviously, when he attacks Real Madrid, our club, and our institution, it kind of tarnishes all of the rest of what he says.” – Sergio Ramos
5. “I’m a very temperamental person, but when you are wearing the captain’s armband for Real Madrid or the national team, it’s best to express yourself in a different way. You have to maintain a sense of unity – a good atmosphere where everyone feels happy is one of the keys to success, and that’s something you shouldn’t lose.” – Sergio Ramos
6. “Madrid always opens its doors to great players.” – Sergio Ramos
7th of 50 Sergio Ramos Quotes
7. “Sometimes you lose; that is football.” – Sergio Ramos
8. “There is no bigger motivation than playing in a UEFA Champions League final.” – Sergio Ramos
9. “We’ve had to handle defeat many times, and you can’t drawn any conclusions.” – Sergio Ramos
10. “Whenever we lose, it is a sad day.” – Sergio Ramos
11. “Bad things can happen even to the best players.” – Sergio Ramos
12. “Every day, I wake up eager to learn new things, and I am grateful to Mourinho for that.” – Sergio Ramos
13. “I keep my opinions to myself. I’ve always said that everyone is free to think what you like.” – Sergio Ramos
14. “I think of myself as someone who gives everything, and I wake up every day wanting to keep growing.” – Sergio Ramos
15. “I would love to win the Ballon d’Or, but honestly, I’m not even thinking about it.” – Sergio Ramos
16. “It’s up to the coach to decide who is in the best shape to play each match.” – Sergio Ramos
17th of 50 Sergio Ramos Quotes
17. “Sometimes officials should look at English football and let us play more. I like their system because, in Europe, their referees are more lenient.” – Sergio Ramos
18. “There are sometimes easier games and others harder, but the Champions League always requires enormous concentration.” – Sergio Ramos
19. “We need the right attitude and the right motivation – that can decide the match above everything else.” – Sergio Ramos
20. “When you win many titles, the rivals are full of antipathy towards you.” – Sergio Ramos
21. “At the end of the day, the players and the coach have to talk – that’s what consolidates the relationship.” – Sergio Ramos
22. “Disrespect is bad for the atmosphere around a team.” – Sergio Ramos
23. “I don’t care whether I play on the right or in the centre. All I want is for the coach to have faith in me.” – Sergio Ramos
24. “I think of myself as a great player, but the fans have to decide whether that’s true.” – Sergio Ramos
25. “I wake up every day with tremendous enthusiasm.” – Sergio Ramos
26. “It is good to have competition.” – Sergio Ramos
27th of 50 Sergio Ramos Quotes
27. “Since Carlo Ancelotti has arrived, he had emphasised hard work and intensity, and now that is what Real Madrid are associated with. He has playing experience, which makes him different to other coaches.” – Sergio Ramos
28. “The team needs a leader to handle everything with rules and constant stability. Mourinho is the ideal man for that job, and we are delighted about it.” – Sergio Ramos
29. “We must thank our fans for their support.” – Sergio Ramos
30. “When the list is made of the all-time best players, Totti will certainly be in there. I really believe he will be remembered as one of the greats.” – Sergio Ramos
31. “At Real Madrid, we have many good players that the team can learn from.” – Sergio Ramos
32. “Defending for a team as offensive as Real Madrid isn’t that easy.” – Sergio Ramos
33. “I am not someone who holds grudges, and I want to remember the good things about our time with Mourinho.” – Sergio Ramos
34. “I think about those who supported me and put up with me, including my wife, my children, my parents, and all Madridistas.” – Sergio Ramos
35. “I wake up every day with a smile, and in that sense, I feel the same as I did when I arrived at Real Madrid in 2005.” – Sergio Ramos
36. “It is a mistake to mix politics and sport.” – Sergio Ramos
37th of 50 Sergio Ramos Quotes
37. “Real Madrid go for everything right from the start of the season. They always fight for the three competitions.” – Sergio Ramos
38. “The referees sometimes give for you, and others take it away.” – Sergio Ramos
39. “We must take on each match as best we can and try to recover from each as quickly as possible.” – Sergio Ramos
40. “When one loses, it’s easy to focus on the refereeing decisions.” – Sergio Ramos
41. “As long as there are chances, we have to fight to the end. That’s Madrid’s philosophy.” – Sergio Ramos
42. “Being the captain is a great privilege and a responsibility to lead a great group with different cultures.” – Sergio Ramos
43. “I always said that when Madrid win, it wasn’t just because of Ronaldo, Kaka, or another, and when you lose, it is not fair to blame the failures on these people alone.” – Sergio Ramos
44. “I need to keep quiet and do my talking on the pitch.” – Sergio Ramos
45. “I think Totti would’ve had no problem playing in another big club. He’s a born hitman, and great players always find a way to fit into a team.” – Sergio Ramos
46. “In the end, individual titles are achieved with the help of all your team-mates.” – Sergio Ramos
47th of 50 Sergio Ramos Quotes
47. “Pique has been a great center-back.” – Sergio Ramos
48. “The margin for error in the Champions League is tiny.” – Sergio Ramos
49. “We all know the demands at this club, but I’m ready for this responsibility to make sure every Madridista is happy.” – Sergio Ramos
50. “What remains of the kid at Sevilla is the same dream of always wanting to win. I still have that today.” – Sergio Ramos
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Sergio Ramos! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Sergio Ramos quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...