What is Natalie Portman’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$90 Million|
|Born:||June 9, 1981|
|Height:||1.60 m (5 ft 3 in)|
|Country of Origin:||Israel|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Actress|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Natalie Portman has been securing acting roles since she was a teenager and is now one of Hollywood’s most recognizable and wealthiest actresses.
While she may be best known for her roles in Star Wars and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Portman has made millions starring in over 51 films.
As of February 2023, Natalie Portman’s net worth is estimated to be $90 Million.
Natalie Portman Facts
- Natalie Portman has taken ballet lessons since she was four, and she continues to study dance to this day.
- Portman is fluent in English and Hebrew and conversational in Arabic, Japanese, French, German, and Spanish.
- In 2002, Portman was named one of People magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- Before being cast in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace in 1999, Portman had never seen the original Star Wars Trilogy.
- At her 2003 New Year’s party, Portman wore a Zac Posen dress with over $10,000 worth of crystals embroidered on it.
Natalie Herschlag was born in 1981 in Jerusalem and grew up an only child to Shelley Stevens, a homemaker, and Avner Herschlag, a gynecologist.
While she was born in Israel, her family moved to Washinton, D.C., before relocating to Connecticut in 1988 and eventually Long Island in 1990.
As a child on Long Island, she attended a Jewish Elementary School, the Solomon Schechter Day School of Nassau County, and studied ballet at the American Theater Dance Workshop and Usdan Center for Creative and Performing Arts.
When she was only 10, a Revlon agent spotted her at a pizza restaurant and asked her to become a child model; though Portman declined, she used the opportunity to secure an acting agent.
In 1992, Portman auditioned for the off-broadway musical Ruthless!, and she and Britney Spears were chosen as understudies for Laura Bell Bundy.
Once this production was over, Portman was booked in her breakout role in Leon: The Professional.
Following her role in Leon, Portman returned to school in 1994, only filming a part in the short film Developing.
Portman continued to take roles in short films and theater productions to hone her acting skills, eventually being cast in Heat, an Al Pacino and Robert De Niro film, where she played the suicidal daughter of Al Pacino’s character.
As a teen, Portman transitioned to adult roles, being cast as Padme Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, which was released during her senior year of high school.
In 2000, Portman attended Harvard University to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, and in 2002 she reprised her role as Padme in Star Wars: Episode II.
By 2005, she started to appear in more huge blockbusters, including Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and V for Vendetta, which she shaved her head for.
Portman’s next big breakthrough came from her performance in Black Swan with Mila Kunis, which earned her an Academy Award for Best Actress.
In 2001, Portman joined the MCU as Jane Foster in Thor and has since gone on to star in two additional Thor titles, including as the co-lead in Thor: Love and Thunder in 2022.
Natalie Portman has also jumped into producing, founding her own production company, MountainA, in 2021, which she signed a television deal for with Apple TV+.
More Professional Actresses:
- Beanie Feldstein Net Worth
- Whoopi Goldberg Net Worth
- Elizabeth Hurley Net Worth
- Charlotte Kirk Net Worth
- Kaya Scodelario Net Worth
- Uma Thurman Net Worth
- Kathryn Newton Net Worth
- Anya Chalotra Net Worth
- Evangeline Lilly Net Worth
Natalie Portman’s Career Earnings
While Natalie Portman isn’t one of the richest actresses in the world — yet — she certainly is on track to become one as her net worth continues to increase.
According to sources, we know Natalie Portman’s income includes:
- It is estimated that Natalie Portman earns around $3 million annually from her acting projects.
- Despite being a prominent face in the MCU, Portman was reportedly paid less than $1 million for Thor: Love and Thunder.
- Portman is one of the most famous band ambassadors for Dior, appearing in numerous advertisements, which have earned her an estimated $6 million in total.
Natalie Portman has spoken out before about Hollywood’s gender pay gap, and while not much has been done in this respect since, we expect that should she start making as much as her male co-stars, her net worth will absolutely skyrocket to even surpass Chris Hemsworth.
Natalie Portman is married to French dancer Benjamin Millepied, and the couple has two children together, Amalia and Aleph.
Portman and Millepied met on the set of Black Swan, and in 2012 they were married in a Jewish ceremony in Big Sur, California.
As a vegan, Portman is a big animal rights advocate, and in 2007, she launched her own brand of animal-friendly footwear, praising brands like Stella McCartney and Target for doing the same.
On her official Instagram account, Portman posts about her activism but also about her past and current projects and the books she is currently reading.
Awards & Achievements
Natalie Portman has 39 awards under her belt and another 77 nominations to her name.
As one of the most famous women in Hollywood, she has earned a lot of recognition for her work.
Here are some highlights from Natalie Portman’s career:
- In 2006 at the Saturn Awards, Portman won Best Actress in a Film for V for Vendetta.
- For her performance in Black Swan, Portman won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 2001.
- At the Golden Globes in 2010, Portman won Best Actress in a Motion Picture for Black Swan.
- In 2010, at the Screen Actors Guild Awards, Portman won Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role for Black Swan.
- Portman won Best Actress from the Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association for Jackie in 2016.
How Does Natalie Portman Spend Her Money?
Although we don’t know everything about how Natalie Portman spends her money, we do know that she has owned quite a few impressive homes.
In 2008, Portman placed her New York City apartment up for sale with an asking price of $6.5 million.
The two-bedroom condo was in one of the most expensive buildings in the city, and Portman ended up getting the full asking price for it.
Portman then bought a home in Los Feliz, Los Angeles, for $3.2 million that she reportedly still owns today.
This home was built in the 1930s but has been completely overhauled to include 4,866 sqft of living space, an 18,000 sqft garden, a large pool, and a state-of-the-art security system.
In 2017, Portman bought a $6.5 million vacation home in Montecito, California, that included 10 acres and views of the Pacific Ocean; although she ultimately sold this property for $8 million in 2021.
While Portman has reached many significant milestones throughout her career as an actress, some of them stand out more than others and have expedited her rise to fame.
Here are some of the best highlights of Natalie Portman’s career:
- In 1994, Portman secured her breakout role in Leon: The Professional.
- Portman was cast as Padme Amidala in Star Wars Episode I in 1997, marking her first big-budget production.
- In 2005, Portman was cast in V for Vendetta, ultimately winning a Saturn Award for her performance.
- Portman’s role in Black Swan earned her several awards and nominations in 2010, making it her most successful film to date.
- In 2011, Portman landed a spot in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, playing Jane Foster in the Thor series.
Favorite Natalie Portman Quotes
Natalie Portman has long been praised as a positive role model, and throughout her career, she has been known for saying many inspiring things.
Here are our favorite quotes from Natalie Portman:
- “There’s so much else to do in the world. To just be interested in doing films would limit my life.” – Natalie Portman
- “I’m going to college. I don’t care if it ruined my career. I’d rather be smart than a movie star.” – Natalie Portman
- “I usually run three or four times a week now. Pretty boring, but it’s so worth it. It’s done wonders for my mood.” – Natalie Portman
- “The moment you buy into the idea you’re above anyone else is the moment you need to be slapped in the face.” – Natalie Portman
- “I think it is a really beautiful thing that we have recognition within our industry – but it’s not that important.” – Natalie Portman
3 Amazing Lessons From Natalie Portman
Now that you know all about Natalie Portman’s net worth, we can take a deeper look at what her career can teach us about achieving our own goals.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Natalie Portman:
1. Don’t Limit Yourself
No matter what your goals are, it’s important not to put all of your eggs in one basket.
Although specializing is something specific can be important, when you’re trying to become successful, betting it all on one thing can result in disaster if your plans fall through.
Try to diversify so that you always have a backup if you need it.
2. Stay Humble
Even if you’re incredibly successful, you must not let it go to your head.
When you start thinking that you’re better than the people around you, you can end up slacking and falling behind.
Always keep your humility so that you’ll keep working hard and getting further and further ahead.
3. Don’t Worry About Recognition
Recognition feels excellent when you get it, but it shouldn’t be your end-all-be-all.
Work towards your goals for yourself and not for the ones around you because, ultimately, your success is your own and not anyone else’s.
Natalie Portman is an American actress who has generated an enormous net worth by appearing in over 50 films throughout her career, not including stage performances and television appearances.
While she may not currently be one of the wealthiest actresses in the industry, as her earnings continue to increase, we expect that she’ll earn that title sooner rather than later.
Be sure to check back to stay up-to-date on Natalie Portman’s growing net worth!
As of February 2023, Natalie Portman’s net worth is estimated to be $90 Million.