Katy Perry is an incredible music artist, who was born in a conservative family and grew up under many restrictions.
However, she has an affinity to music and heard all sorts of music which her friends provided her with, even though those were not allowed by her parents. She is outspoken and defended her desire to become a music artist and chased her dream.
Many of her songs got shelved before she was signed by the ‘Capitol Records’. This was the turning point of her musical career when her album ‘One of the Boys’ turned out to be a huge hit.
This singer sometimes writes songs and is even engaged with many philanthropic works other than her musical commitments. She is also an activist who advocates the rights of the gay and believes that they should be treated equally.
Here’s our collection of the best Katy Perry quotes & lyrics of all time:
30 Katy Perry Quotes
1. “If you can believe in something great, then you can achieve something great.” – Katy Perry
2. “I’ve just always been very aware and careful of everything so that I can be ready for the perfect opportunities as they come. I don’t take anything for granted or wait for anything to come to me.” – Katy Perry
3. “I fall in love every time. And I don’t really fall in love a lot, but when I do, I fall hard.” – Katy Perry
4. “My job is for the people. It’s for the public. It’s for their consumption. So I’ve done a lot in that way, and I see that the hard work has finally paid off.” – Katy Perry
5. “My fans are the best. I mean if there was a war, I think they’d definitely win just because they’d kill them with kindness.” – Katy Perry
6. “I was not even allowed to mention the name Madonna in my household – just because I think the ’80s and ’90s were so Madonna-filled. She was going through so many evolutions at that time.” – Katy Perry
7. “I unfortunately still crave chicken McNuggets and bacon, which is the meat candy of the world.” – Katy Perry
8. “I wasn’t allowed to listen to a lot of music growing up. It wasn’t until I started to make my gospel record when I was around 14 or 15 that I started to be exposed to more outside influences.” – Katy Perry
9. “I love the Seahawks because of Russell [Wilson] and I think that I’m going to probably go for them!” – Katy Perry
10th of 30 Katy Perry Quotes
10. “What I wanted to be and who I am is a singer and a songwriter. I wanted to be onstage, and I wanted the world to hear my music. The product of that is fame and the disgusting celebrity that goes along with it. But celebrity does not equal creativity.” – Katy Perry
11. “I sacrifice in my love life and my social life, but those things will be there in three or four years. This is a really important time in my life. I can’t just be the girl who sang ‘I Kissed a Girl.’ I have to leave a legacy.” – Katy Perry
12. “I have confidence because my research shows that I should just really trust my instincts.” – Katy Perry
13. “I think you can have it all, you just have to work really hard because great things don’t come easily” – Katy Perry
14. “A lot of the time people don’t even know what they want until they see something new.” – Katy Perry
15. “I believe in a lot of astrology.” – Katy Perry
16. “People tried to do a lot of stuff with me early in my career where they tried to shape me into one thing or another. They couldn’t just take the chance and go with my vision – which was just my intuition, really.” – Katy Perry
17. “You know you’re living right when you wake up, brush your hair – and confetti falls out!” – Katy Perry
18. “I just feel like I’m going to be criticized regardless of what I do next, so I might as well do something that I feel really passionate about.” – Katy Perry
19. “I have the multipersonality disorder – in a very good way, of course – when it comes to my fashion choices.” – Katy Perry
20th of 30 Katy Perry Quotes
20. “I was being musically mentored by a lot of people who were obviously more talented and skilled than I was, and I thought that I would just kind of learn the ropes of songwriting there – like how to do acoustic, country-esque songs, which I like because there’s so much story in them.” – Katy Perry
21. Kids are so smart these days. They sense when there’s phony bologna out there. Especially in music, when they see something that’s being marketed to them, they’ll call it out. They’ll be like, “This chick is bullshit.” – Katy Perry
22. “I just like having fun. And, you know, sometimes I just like to present myself in that fun energy.” – Katy Perry
23. “You never know what’s actually going on in a person’s life. You don’t know what happened to them before you met them…and that’s why they are the way they are. But I do think about it whenever I get in contact with my fans. I know this may be the only time they’ll ever meet me. I try to take advantage of that moment and be kind and grateful.” – Katy Perry
24. “Maybe you’re a reason why all the doors are closed, so you can open one that leads you to the perfect road.” – Katy Perry
25. “I’d like to say I’d like to be as big as a Gwen or a Madonna, but I think those days of achieving that level are over. The media is bringing everybody down.” – Katy Perry
26. “You said move on, where do I go?” – Katy Perry
27. “I’m really happy to be on the cover as a strong female who has created her own career.” – Katy Perry
28. “I am not a feminist, but I do believe in the strength of women.” – Katy Perry
29. “So take a chance and don’t ever look back.” – Katy Perry
30. “I have a soft spot for musicians. If a man could ride this roller coaster with me and come out alive, then I guess we’d deserve each other’s company.” – Katy Perry
Thanks for checking out the list of the best Katy Perry quotes. Don’t forget to share them with any other Katy Perry fans you know.