What is Derek Jeter’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$200 Million|
|Born:||June 26, 1974|
|Height:||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional MLB Player|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Derek Jeter is a mega-wealthy former baseball player turned businessman. He’s an inductee into the Baseball Hall of Fame and a five-time World Series champion.
His dream of playing for the New York Yankees came true, resulting in one of the most exciting 2 decades of baseball for both him and the team.
After retiring as a player, he took over the Miami Marlins. However, he is now retired and enjoying a good life due to his phenomenal earnings as a star player.
As of December 2022, Derek Jeter’s net worth is estimated to be $200 Million.
Derek Jeter Facts
- After a 20-year run for the New York Yankees, Derek Jeter was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2020.
- Derek has multiple nicknames, such as The Captain, Captain Clutch, and Mr. November.
- He made a total of 260 home runs in 2,747 games, in a career spanning more than 2 decades, from 1992 to 2014.
- Jeter was invited to appear on Seinfeld in 1996, in the episode titled; The Abstinence.
- His charity, Turn 2 Foundation, was founded in 1996 to promote excellence in education, leadership, and behavior.
- In Derek’s high school yearbook, he wrote that his dream was to play for the Yankees.
Derek Sanderson Jeter was born on 26 June 1974, in Pequannock Township, New Jersey.
His mother was a professional accountant and his father was a substance abuse counselor. He has a younger sister, Sharlee, who is an ace softball player. The family moved to Kalamazoo, Michigan, where Derek developed his love of baseball.
Derek’s parents always tried to instill a positive message into their kids by not letting them say the word “can’t”, as they believed that one can do whatever one put one’s mind to.
At the age of 5, Derek started playing little league baseball.
The family was baseball-mad, with his grandparents regularly taking Derek to the New York Yankees games. It was through this early exposure that Derek’s fascination with one of the richest MLB teams , the Yankees, took hold.
His love for sports earned him a B’nai B’rith Award for Scholar Athlete in high school.
Not only did he play baseball, but he was also an exceptionally talented basketball player, who won an All-State honorable mention in the sport.
Even though he was excelling at basketball, he pursued a baseball scholarship to attend the University of Michigan.
Derek was drafted by the Yankees as a first-round pick in 1992.
But unfortunately, starting in the minor league class A, he didn’t do very well, with 21 mistakes in 58 games. But he knuckled down and, with plenty of practice, Derek started to up his game.
In 1993, he was named one of the “Most Outstanding Major League Prospects” by the South Atlantic League. Three years later, Derek started playing shortstop for the Yankees. In 1998, the Yankees won the World Series with Derek on their team.
He created a reputation for himself during a 1999 game against the Braves, which secured the Yankees another world series victory.
Derek earned a reputation as one of the premier postseason hitters in baseball. In the 2000s, Derek was named Most Valuable Player in the All-Star Game and World Series.
After helping to win many games and collecting an armful of awards, Derek’s most memorable event happened in 2009, when Derek broke the record for 2674 hits by a shortstop in major league history.
A serious injury to his ankle during the AL Championship Series, saw Derek announce his retirement at the end of the 2014 season.
He didn’t stay retired for long though and went into business in 2017, becoming a part-owner of the Miami Marlins.
Unfortunately for Derek, the Dolphins had a difficult few years and, due to the pandemic, had a short season in 2020.
On the back of this poor performance, Derek stepped down as CEO in 2022 and severed all ties with the team.
Derek Jeter’s Career Earnings
It is believed that Derek earned around $265 million throughout his baseball career. He is estimated to have a current yearly income of $16 million, which will no doubt continue to grow as his property investments pay off.
Here’s an estimated overview of Derek Jeter’s income:
- Derek Jeter’s Salary in 2015 – $10 million
- Derek Jeter’s Salary in 2016 – $12 million
- Derek Jeter’s Salary in 2017 – $15 million
- Derek Jeter’s Salary in 2018 – $14 million
- Derek Jeter’s Salary in 2019 – $12.5 million
- Derek Jeter’s Salary in 2020 – $15 million
- Derek Jeter’s Salary in 2021 – $15 million
- Derek Jeter’s Salary in 2022 – $16 million
Derek Jeter’s Net Worth Annually
After playing consistently for 20 years for the New York Yankees, Derek has amassed a sizeable fortune as a professional sportsman. By carefully investing his substantial earnings, he has managed to create significant wealth.
Here’s a breakdown of Derek Jeter’s annual net worth:
- Derek Jeter’s Net Worth In 2017 – $150 million
- Derek Jeter’s Net Worth In 2018 – $160 million
- Derek Jeter’s Net Worth In 2019 – $175 million
- Derek Jeter’s Net Worth In 2020 – $190 million
- Derek Jeter’s Net Worth In 2021 – $205 million
- Derek Jeter’s Net Worth In 2022 – $200 million
Derek currently lives in Miami along with his wife, Hannah Jeter, a famous model. They have three daughters; Story Grey Jeter, River Rose Jeter, and Bella Raine Jeter.
Being Catholic is an important part of Derek’s life and he feels that his faith had a lot to do with his success while playing baseball.
His official Instagram account reveals his self-deprecating humor and a little about his amazing lifestyle.
Awards & Achievements
After 20 successful years in sports, it is little wonder that Derek has managed to amass the loads of trophies and awards that he has. While he may not appear on the most expensive baseball cards in the world, he’s much-loved by his New York fans.
His talent and skill are legendary and he’s rightfully proud of his achievements over the years.
Here’s a look at some of Derek Jeter’s stand-out moments during his career:
- In 2007, Derek won the Best Major League ESPY Award.
- Derek won the Hank Aaron Award in 2009 and 2006.
- ESPY awarded Derek the Icon Award in 2015.
- He was put forward as a nominee and won the ESPY Award for Best Play in 2002.
- In early 1996, Derek won the Baseball America Rookie of the Year award.
- Due to his sporting achievements, Derek was made the Sports Illustrated Sportsperson in 2009.
With the news of Jeter’s return to New York, his fans are hopeful that he’ll be helping the Yankees grab some silverware in the not too distant future.
How Does Derek Jeter Spend His Money?
Derek Jeter loves real estate and has invested a large part of his fortune in 4 huge mansions.
His house in Tampa has a value of $7.7 million, while his property in Greenwood Lake (New York) was listed for $14.75 million in 2018.
He also owns a corner penthouse worth $20 million, in New York.
Derek owns some of the most expensive cars in the world, with his impressive fleet including Mercedes and Porsche sports cars.
Apart from his investments and property deals, Derek is also focused on giving back to the community, being well-known for his charity work.
He founded the Turn 2 Foundation in 1996 and has gone on to motivate countless individuals, helping them to turn away from drugs and alcohol and rather create a healthier, more purpose-driven lifestyle.
It is hard to pick out the highlights of Derek’s career in the limelight, as he never failed to perform fantastically well in front of the crowd.
He has a big-game temperament that ensures that he just gets better when the pressure is on. He is also a fantastic motivator, managing to bring out the best in his teammates.
Here are some of the best highlights of Derek Jeter’s career:
- His major league debut was on the 29th of May 1995, when he played against the Seattle Mariners.
- He was selected in 1995 to replace Tony Fernandez as the MLB team’s shortstop.
- In 1996, Derek was announced as the Opening Day shortstop and hit a home run into left field, continuing in the position for the next 17 seasons.
- He won the World Series in 1998, 1999, 2000, and finally, in 2009.
- In 2003, Derek was named team captain and held that position until his retirement.
Now that Derek is no longer involved with the Miami Marlins, it’s anybody’s guess what he’ll be doing next. With his track record, we’re sure that something exciting is in the pipeline at the end of the 2022 season.
Favorite Derek Jeter Quotes
Derek Jeter was single-minded when it came to his performance on the field. Once he was in the zone, nothing could knock his focus.
But he’s also not your typical jock. He is deeply thoughtful and introspective, helping players and now troubled teens to make the best with what they have.
Here are our favorite quotes from Derek Jeter:
- “We just want to win. That’s the bottom line. I think a lot of times people may become content with one championship or a little bit of success, but we don’t reflect on what we’ve done in the past. ” – Derek Jeter
- “Sometimes people complicate things by thinking too much about what someone might think of what they said or did. ” – Derek Jeter
- “I’m not perfect; no one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. I think you try to learn from those mistakes.” – Derek Jeter
- “Obviously, you’re known for what you do. But you still want to be known as a good person. You’re a person a lot longer before and after you’re a professional athlete.” – Derek Jeter
- “There may be people who have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do – and I believe that.” – Derek Jeter
3 Amazing Lessons From Derek Jeter
Derek Jeter has been a hard worker. Despite his obvious talent, he’s had to work hard to remain on top of his game.
He also knows that it is important to have a higher purpose, something that makes what you are doing worthwhile and important.
Now that you know all about Derek Jeter’s net worth, here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Derek Jeter:
1. There’s No “CAN’T” In My Vocabulary
There is no word such as “can’t” when it comes to your dreams. You need to focus and find a way to make things happen, even when all seems lost.
2. You Need A Moral Code
It is always important to stick to your moral code. The mark of a true man is one who can stick to his beliefs, even when the going gets tough.
3. We All Make Mistakes
Failure is something you can learn from. Everyone makes mistakes. But it’s how you react to your mistakes that can make or break your career and your life.
Derek is considered one of the best shortstops in all of baseball history.
He worked hard to get to where he is and has inspired many young people to create a better lifestyle for themselves. He leads by example, having molded himself into both a successful businessman and a legendary sportsman.
With his baseball earnings, product endorsements, and careful property investment, Derek has created a huge fortune. This affords him and his family a luxurious lifestyle.
As of December 2022, Derek Jeter’s net worth is estimated to be $200 Million.