What is Eddie Irvine’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$120 Million|
|Born:||November 10, 1965|
|Height:||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Racing Driver|
|Last Updated:||March 8, 2023|
Edmund Irvine Jr is a former British racing driver from Northern Ireland who started his Formula One career in 1993.
During his nine-year career in F1, Irvine enjoyed many victories, including a win at the 1999 Australian Grand Prix.
Although he retired in 2002, he has since become a media personality in Great Britain and a successful property investor.
As of March 2023, Eddie Irvine’s net worth is estimated to be $120 Million.
Eddie Irvine Facts
- Irvine started racing in Formula Ford in 1983 and won his first race the following year at Brands Hatch.
- He joined the Jordan Formula 3000 team in 199 and finished his first season in ninth place.
- In 1992, Eddie competed in his first 24 Hours of Le Mans race, coming in ninth overall.
- Irvine competed in his first F1 race in 1993 at the Japanese Grand Prix.
- Before retiring, Irvine finished ninth in the Drivers’ Championship with eight points.
Edmund Irvine Jr was born November 10, 1965, in Newtownards, County Down, Northern Ireland, to Edmund Sr. and Kathleen Irvine.
He grew up in the village of Conlig and attended Regent House Grammar School as a child.
When he was young, he attended the British Grand Prix with his family and ever since has been hooked on racing.
Eddie began to race for himself in 1983 in Formula Ford, and he won his first race the following year at Brands Hatch.
He competed in the International Formula 3000 Championship in 1989 and finished the season in ninth place.
In 1992 he raced at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and his performances led to him being accepted into Formula One.
Eddie Irvine started his Formula One racing career in 1993 as a member of the Jordan Formula racing team.
Shortly after, in 1996, he transitioned to Ferrari and partnered with Michael Schumacher.
In 1999, Eddie saw his most successful season to date, and he won four races while finishing third in the Drivers’ Championship.
He ended up leaving Ferrari to join Jaguar in 2000, and he later became the only driver to achieve a podium for the team in their history.
Unfortunately, by 2002, Eddie made the decision to leave Formula One and focus instead on his real estate investment firm, Chrishardzoe Developments.
By the time he retired, Irvine had participated in 148 races and earned 4 major wins, which helped make him one of the most prolific racers of his time.
Eddie Irvine’s Career Earnings
Eddie Irvine has become one of the richest racing drivers in the world thanks to his skills and investments.
While not much information is known about his individual race earnings, we do know a bit about his income.
- In 1999, Irvine signed with the Jaguar Racing team for $15 million.
- Irvine was reported to have made $13 million from the sale of his Miami property.
- He was named the fifth richest person in Northern Ireland in 2006, with a fortune of $185.1 million.
Despite not being as wealthy as fellow racer Kimi Raikkonen, Irvine has earned a substantial net worth throughout his career.
Eddie Irvine and his former girlfriend Maria Drummond met in 1988 at the Macau Grand Prix, and together they have one daughter, Zoe.
Currently, Eddie isn’t known to be dating anyone, but he has been seen by many as a bit of a playboy.
He has also built a strong reputation for speaking his mind, something that has often irritated other racers.
On social media, Irvine can be found on his official Instagram account, where he posts about racing, his travels, and his personal interests.
Awards & Achievements
Eddie Irvine has earned many awards during his long racing career. While all of his victories and honors are impressive, some stand out more than others.
Fortunately, we have all the details about Irvine’s most important career awards and accomplishments.
Here are some of Eddie Irvine’s greatest achievements:
- In 1984, Irvine won his first Formula Ford race and an award for being the best driver.
- He won the Esso Formula Ford Series in 1987.
- Irvine won the Hawthorn Memorial Trophy in 1999.
- The same year, he was named Autosport’s British Competition Driver of the Year.
- In 1999, Irvine won the Australian Grand Prix, the first F1 victory of his career.
While he hasn’t won as many titles as Lewis Hamilton, Irvine has certainly earned some important victories and honors.
Had he continued competing, it is likely we would have seen him win even more distinctions on the track and possibly even a Formula One World Championship title.
How Does Eddie Irvine Spend His Money?
Eddie Irvine is a real estate investor who could easily afford to live in any of the most expensive penthouses in the world without breaking the bank.
In addition to selling his own luxury Dublin mansion in 2021 for $3 million, he also sold his Venetian Islands spec home for $17 million the same year.
Even before getting into Formula One, Irvine had made millions investing in real estate, owning around 40 properties around the world.
Through Chrishardzoe Developments, he also owns around 50 flats and houses throughout the UK.
Eddie Irvine has enjoyed many memorable moments during his career as a racing driver.
However, some points in his career stand out more than others for the impact they’ve had on his fame and fortune.
Here are Eddie Irvine’s most important career highlights:
- Eddie Irvine started racing in 1983 in Formula Ford.
- He joined Formula One in 1993, racing for the Jordan Grand Prix team.
- Irvine joined Ferrari in 1996, where he teamed up with Michael Schumacher, a then-double World Championship winner.
- In 1999, he claimed his first F1 victory at the Australian Grand Prix.
- Irvine was ranked the fifth richest person in Northern Ireland in 2006 thanks to his racing gains and investment portfolio.
Like Eddie Jordan, Irvine has enjoyed many significant milestones during his career that have helped him stand out from other drivers.
While these are only a couple of his most important moments, they are the ones that have bolstered his career the most.
Favorite Eddie Irvine Quotes
Eddie Irvine made the most of every race he competed in, reveling in the fast pace of Formula One.
However, he is also one of the most opinionated former racers, not afraid to speak his mind about the industry and other racers.
Here are our favorite quotes from Eddie Irvine:
- “Life is strange, but F1 is simply crazy.” – Eddie Irvine
- “Loads of overtaking is boring. You go fishing, and you catch a fish every ten minutes it’s boring. – Eddie Irvine
- “NASCAR is a bunch of farmers driving around in circles.” – Eddie Irvine
- “McLaren have a reliability problem, … but an aggressive style of driving can also lead to faults.”- Eddie Irvine
- “The people who don’t know me only see me through sound bites, and everything’s changed around.”- Eddie Irvine
3 Amazing Lessons From Eddie Irvine
There is a lot that we can learn from Eddie Irvine and his long career in Formula One.
Now that we’ve covered Irvine’s net worth and career, we can take a closer look at what he can teach us about finding our own success.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Eddie Irvine:
1. Take Chances
If you want to become successful, you’ll have to be prepared to take chances.
While this doesn’t mean you should take every chance you come across, you should play it smart and take risks when the benefits outweigh the cost.
2. Speak Your Mind
Eddie Irvine is not afraid to speak his mind, and this is something everyone can benefit from.
Although you should strive to be tactful, if you have something important to say, don’t hold back.
3. Push Yourself
To reach your full potential, you must be prepared to push yourself to your limits and beyond.
It won’t always be easy, but it will be worth it once you’re able to surpass your goals.
Eddie Irvine has enjoyed an incredibly successful racing career, and he has continued to grow his net worth off the track.
Despite retiring in 2002, Irvine has become a successful property investor and media personality in the UK.
If you want to stay informed about Eddie Irvine’s growing wealth, make sure to check back often so that you won’t miss any updates.
As of March 2023, Eddie Irvine’s net worth is estimated to be $120 Million.