Which are your favorite Gordon Ramsay quotes?
Gordon Ramsay is a Scottish born British chef with his restaurants currently holding 14 Michelin stars.
Today, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is London’s longest-running restaurant to hold this prestigious title, and Ramsay is one of only four chefs in the UK to maintain three stars.
Ramsay has opened a string of successful restaurants across the globe. He has also become a star of the small screen both in the UK and internationally. He is also an author of a number of books, many of which have become bestsellers around the world.
This is our collection of Gordon Ramsay quotes that he actually said:
30 Gordon Ramsay Quotes
1.“The pressure on young chefs today is far greater than ever before in terms of social skills, marketing skills, cooking skills, personality and, more importantly, delivering on the plate. So you need to be strong. Physically fit. So my chefs get weighed every time they come into the kitchen.” – Gordon Ramsay
2. “My mum doesn’t enjoy sometimes listening to me tell staff off, and I say to my mum, it’s a kitchen, not a hair-dressing salon.” – Gordon Ramsay
3. “There’s a bond among kitchen staff, I think. You spend more time with your chef in the kitchen than you do with your own family.” – Gordon Ramsay
4. “Eating out doesn’t have to be a formula. Eating out is about having fun. I get really frustrated when it’s badly done.” – Gordon Ramsay
5.“I train my chefs with a blindfold. I’ll get my sous chef and myself to cook a dish. The young chef would have to sit down and eat it with a blindfold. If they can’t identify the flavor, they shouldn’t be cooking the dish.” – Gordon Ramsay
6. “I spend more time in the kitchen than I have in the dining room, for obvious reasons, however, I just want to sit and indulge.” – Gordon Ramsay
7. “I think every chef, not just in America, but across the world, has a double-edged sword – two jackets, one that’s driven, a self-confessed perfectionist, thoroughbred, hate incompetence and switch off the stove, take off the jacket and become a family man.” – Gordon Ramsay
8. “I love eating out. I don’t deny that. But I don’t want 12 or 15 courses because the chef wants me to taste this or taste that. I just want to be able to decide.” – Gordon Ramsay
9. “Put your head down and work hard. Never wait for things to happen, make them happen for yourself through hard graft and not giving up.” – Gordon Ramsay
10th of 30 Gordon Ramsay Quotes
10. “I’m a big lover of fish. Cooking fish is so much more difficult than cooking protein meats because there are no temperatures in the medium, rare, well done cooking a stunning sea bass or a scallop.” – Gordon Ramsay
11. “The minute you start compromising for the sake of massaging somebody’s ego, that’s it, game over.” – Gordon Ramsay
12. “I like finding talent. That’s what really turns me on, I suppose.” – Gordon Ramsay
13. “Chefs are nutters. They’re all self-obsessed, delicate, dainty, insecure little souls and absolute psychopaths. Every last one of them.” – Gordon Ramsay
14. “Being assertive and somewhat really firm has to be backed up with being fair.” – Gordon Ramsay
15. “I’m Gordon Ramsay, for goodness sake: people know I’m volatile.” – Gordon Ramsay
16. “When you’re cooking in the premier league of restaurants when things go down, it has to be sorted immediately.” – Gordon Ramsay
17. “Kitchens are hard environments and they form incredibly strong characters.” – Gordon Ramsay
18. “Find what’s hot, find what’s just opened and then look for the worst review of the week. There is so much to learn from watching a restaurant getting absolutely panned and having a bad experience. Go and see it for yourself.” – Gordon Ramsay
19. “I train my chefs completely different to anyone else. My young girls and guys, when they come to the kitchen, the first thing they get is a blindfold. They get blindfolded and they get sat down at the chef’s table… Unless they can identify what they’re tasting, they don’t get to cook it.” – Gordon Ramsay
20th of 30 Gordon Ramsay Quotes
20. “There are very few chefs both in Britain and the States that really identify the secret of being consistent. And combine consistency with flavor.” – Gordon Ramsay
21. “I’ve had a lot of success; I’ve had failures, so I learn from the failure.” – Gordon Ramsay
22. “What’s frustrating more than anything is when chefs start to cut corners and believe that they are incognito in the way they send out appetizers, entrees, and they know it’s not 100 percent, but they think the customers can’t spot it.” – Gordon Ramsay
23. “I suppose your security is your success and your key to success is your fine palate.” – Gordon Ramsay
24. “I suppose I might be a player-coach nowadays. I’m a great teacher, and I enjoy teaching. But I’m glad I got injured and ended up turning to cook. It was an accident but the happiest one of my life.” – Gordon Ramsay
25. “Cooking is about passion, so it may look slightly temperamental in a way that it’s too assertive to the naked eye.” – Gordon Ramsay
26. “I am what I am. A fighter.” – Gordon Ramsay
27. “I still love football, though, and I think cooking is like football. It’s not a job, it’s a passion. When you become good at it, it’s a dream job and financially you need never to worry. Ever.” – Gordon Ramsay
28. “If you want to become a great chef, you have to work with great chefs. And that’s exactly what I did.” – Gordon Ramsay
29. “I hid in food.” – Gordon Ramsay
30. “Swearing is the industry language. For as long as we’re alive it’s not going to change. You’ve got to be boisterous to get results.” – Gordon Ramsay
Thanks for viewing this collection of the best Gordon Ramsay quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media.