What is John Digweed’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$48 Million|
|Born:||January 1, 1967|
|Height:||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional DJ|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Thomas John Digweed began DJing at 15 and has risen to become one of the most wealthy English DJs.
Along with cultivating a successful solo act, Digweed has collaborated with numerous other artists and released countless compilation albums.
While he may not be the absolute richest DJ in the world, John Digweed is undoubtedly one of the most well-known and successful.
As of February 2023, John Digweed’s net worth is estimated to be $48 Million.
John Digweed Facts
- When John Digweed started making money as a DJ, the first thing he did was buy more vinyl records.
- Digweed and Nick Muir, under the alias Bedrock, created the soundtrack for MTV’s Spider-Man: The New Animated Series in 2003.
- In 2008, Digweed celebrated ten years of his Bedrock nightclub at the London music venue Matter with a nearly 10-hour-long set.
- John Digweed and Nick Muir founded their record label, Bedrock Records, in 1999 and marked its 20th anniversary with the release of Bedrock XX in 2018.
- In 1997, Digweed and Sasha started a monthly residency at the New York club Twilo, which became one of the most popular spots in New York by 2001.
Thomas John Digweed was born in 1967 in Hastings, a seaside town in East Sussex along the south coast of England.
Digweed credits growing up here with fostering his creativity, and he began DJing at the age of 15, eventually becoming famous for his raves on Hastings Pier.
However, his big break came when he sent a demo of his mixtape to Renaissance nightclub founder Geoff Oakes, who played it for Alexander Coe, better known as DJ Sasha, who quickly struck up a friendship with the young British DJ.
During his partnership with Sasha, John Digweed was known for promoting progressive house music and producing the first nightclub commercial compilation, Renaissance: The Mix Collection.
This Renaissance CD marked the first time a compilation CD had been professionally circulated since they had only been released by amateurs previously.
Following this, Digweed and Sasha released Northern Exposure, which is often considered one of the most influential electronic music LPs in history.
To further promote his music, John Digweed started his record label, Bedrock Records, with his friend Nick Muir, who together created the track “For What You Dream Of,” which was used in the critically acclaimed film, Trainspotting.
Between 2000 and 2005, Digweed split his time between playing sets at Heaven in London and at the smaller nightclub, The Beach, in Brighton.
In 2002, John Digweed, along with Sasha and Belgian DJ Jimmy Van V, went on a six-week tour in the United States, which Clear Channel promoted.
At the same time, John Digweed was also hosting a weekly two-hour radio segment on Kiss 100 in the UK, where he played an hour of music before letting a guest DJ play the second.
This hosting gig lasted from 2000 to 2011 on Kiss 100, then transitioned to an online broadcast that celebrated its 800th episode in 2019 and is still going strong today.
John Digweed’s Career Earnings
As a trance DJ and record producer, John Digweed didn’t earn his net worth overnight but worked hard on many different projects and collaborations to accumulate the wealth he has now.
While a percentage of his money comes from album sales, streaming, and touring, Digweed also makes a significant amount of money from his record label and producing skills.
John Digweed is still working as hard as ever, and it’s likely we will see his net worth continue to increase in the future.
Although John Digweed is very public about his DJ and producing work, he keeps his personal life under lock and key, using his official Instagram to post mainly about his work.
It is currently unknown if Digweed is married, dating, or single, and the same can be said for whether or not he has any children.
We do know that he still lives in the UK and that he describes his home as being “calm and quiet,” but aside from that, he hasn’t offered any other details.
Awards & Achievements
As an iconic record producer and DJ, John Digweed has enjoyed a lot of success.
Although he has never won a Grammy, he has hit numerous important milestones that are significant in his own right.
Here are some highlights from John Digweed’s career:
- John Digweed won in the category of Tech-House/Progressive house music at the DJ Awards in 2006.
- Digweed’s compilation CD, Renaissance: The Mix Collection, was the first-ever gold-selling mix compilation.
- In 2001, DJ Magazine voted John Digweed as the number one DJ in the world.
- Resident Advisor, an online music magazine, ranked Digweed number 43 in 2016.
- John Digweed’s online radio show, Transitions, celebrated its 800th episode in 2019.
How Does John Digweed Spend His Money?
Unlike some of the top rappers who became successful entrepreneurs, John Digweed spends his money very discreetly, even admitting in a 2020 interview with Billboard that his studio setup is “very basic,” unlike his collaborator Nick Muir.
Although we can say for sure that he definitely isn’t struggling to maintain a comfortable lifestyle, Digweed is certainly much more low-key in his luxurious tastes.
Though, we could definitely see him splurging on some of the most expensive vinyl records ever sold since the medium means so much to him.
John Digweed has reached many milestones in his career, but some are more significant than others.
Here are some of the best highlights of John Digweed’s career:
- In 1999, Digweed started his own record label, Bedrock Records.
- From 1998 to 2008, Digweed was consistently in the top ten artists ranked by Dj Magazine.
- Digweed was named the Number One DJ in the World by DJ Magazine in 2001.
- John Digweed hosted a two-hour radio show on Kiss 100 from 2000 to 2011.
- In 2019, the 800th episode of his radio show, Transitions, aired online.
Favorite John Digweed Quotes
John Digweed may have made his net worth spinning tracks and remixing songs, but he also has many great noteworthy quotes.
Here are our favorite quotes from John Digweed:
- “I hated the word superstar DJ as my personality does not fit that title, and for me, it’s always been about the music first.” – John Digweed
- “If you’re the biggest DJ in the world, you’re in a position where you can play stuff that people don’t know and blow people’s minds. But if you just choose to play stuff they know just to get a reaction, that’s just being lazy.” – John Digweed
- “As a personality, I’m not one that likes to be center stage. It’s not about me; it’s about the music. I just want people to listen.” – John Digweed
- “I love what I do. I’m living the dream. I know that sounds corny, but I wanted to be a DJ from about the age of eleven or twelve, so the fact that I’ve spent over half my life living out my dream and still doing it at a very high level, I consider myself very lucky. But I’ve also worked extremely hard, and I still work really hard, maintaining my career.” – John Digweed
- “The most important thing is how you program and how you choose your records. That really does sort out who is a good DJ and who is just playing records.” – John Digweed
3 Amazing Lessons From John Digweed
Now that you know all about John Digweed’s net worth and how he earned his impressive net worth, we can look at how he can teach us to reach our own success.
While you may not be striving to become a famous DJ, there are still many great lessons to learn from this artist.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from John Digweed:
1. Pursue What You Love
John Digweed knew from a young age that he wanted to become a DJ, and that dream led him to pursue this goal tirelessly.
While not everyone is in a position to jump into doing the thing they’re most passionate about, it’s important not to give up on your dreams and keep them in mind, even if you can’t give them your full attention right now.
2. Embrace Collaboration
Collaboration is essential to John Digweed, and without his work alongside Sasha and Nick Muir, it is likely he wouldn’t have become as successful as he is now.
Collaborating with others can be incredibly important to becoming successful, and it can open a lot of doors and introduce you to valuable connections that you wouldn’t have made before.
3. Stay Humble
Even though many up-and-coming DJs would love to have John Digweed’s net worth, this wealthy DJ has stayed remarkably humble throughout his career.
While it may feel good to flaunt your successes, humility is vital for keeping yourself grounded and reminding you that owning the most expensive cars in the world isn’t necessarily the best indicator of overall success.
British DJ John Digweed is a legend in the progressive house music industry, and he has an impressive net worth to prove just how successful he’s been throughout his career.
While he may not flaunt his extreme wealth, there is no doubt that this DJ is living his absolute best life.
As of February 2023, John Digweed’s net worth is estimated to be $48 Million.