What is Louis Oosthuizen’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$40 Million|
|Born:||October 19, 1982|
|Height:||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Country of Origin:||South Africa|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Golfer|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Louis Oosthuizen is a professional golfer from South Africa who has made a name for himself as one of the highest-ranking players on the green.
Despite resigning from the PGA Tour in 2022, Oosthuizen continues to grow his net worth as a member of LIV Golf.
As of November 2022, Louis Oosthuizen’s net worth is estimated to be $40 Million.
Louis Oosthuizen Facts
- As an amateur golfer, Oosthuizen won numerous tournaments, including the 2000 World Junior Championship and the 2001 All-African Games.
- Oosthuizen has finished as a runner-up for all four major championships; the 2012 Masters, 2015 and 2021 U.S. Open, and the 2015 Open Championship.
- The highest Official World Golf Ranking Oosthuizen has achieved is No. 4 in 2013.
- Oosthuizen’s first tournament win as a professional golfer was at the Vodacom Origins of Golf Tour event in 2004.
- In 2022, Oosthuizen left the PGA Tour to join LIV Golf, a move that got him permanently banned from the PGA.
Lodewicus Theodorus Oosthuizen was born October 19, 1982, in Mossel Bay, South Africa, where he grew up on a Groendel farm for most of his childhood.
Although little is known about his youth, we do know that Oosthuizen took an interest in golf early on.
During the start of his amateur career, he was financially supported by fellow South African golfer Ernie Els.
By the time he turned pro in 2002 at the age of 19, Oosthuizen had already earned several amateur titles, including the 2000 World Junior Championship, the 2001 All African Games, and the 2002 Indian Amateur Open Championship.
After turning professional, Oosthuizen won five tournaments on the Sunshine tour between 2004 and 2008, including the Vodacom Origins of Golf Tour event, the Platinum Classic, and the Telkom PGA Championship title.
In 2003, Oosthuizen played on the European Challenge Tour, joining the European Tour a year later, though he wouldn’t win his first Tour event until the Open de Andalucia de Golf in 2010.
After the 2010 season, Oosthuizen continued to make a name for himself, claiming his third European Tour title in 2011 and his sixth title in his home country at the Africa Open.
Oosthuizen reached the top 10 of the Official World Golf Ranking for the first time in 2012, peaking at No. 4 in the rankings in 2014.
From 2013 to 2014, Oosthuizen successfully won and defended the Volvo Golf Champions title, beating Branden Grace by one shot.
Oosthuizen would win the South African Open in 2018 before playing for the International Team at the 2019 Presidents Cup at the Royal Melbourne Golf Club in Australia.
In 2022, Oosthuizen made the decision to leave the PGA Tour and transfer to LIV Golf, a move that left him suspended from the PGA.
Louis Oosthuizen’s Career Earnings
Louis Oosthuizen may not be as wealthy as Brooks Koepka, but he has earned a significant amount in his own right during his time on the fairway.
Although information about his earliest earnings is scarce, we do know a bit about some of his greatest gains.
- In 2003, Oosthuizen earned $20,566 from the European Tour.
- The following year, his earnings jumped to $333k from 13 prize money wins.
- Oosthuizen’s next largest payday came in 2007 when he earned $577k from 14 wins.
- In 2010, Oosthuizen brought in $1.4 million for the first time from two victories.
- For the 2012 season, Oosthuizen earned a career-high $3.4 million for 14 PGA Tour events.
Despite not being one of the highest-paid golfers in the world, Oosthuizen has made a decent fortune for himself, and his earnings are only continuing to grow.
In 2007, Louis Oosthuizen married Nel-Mare, who he’d known since he was a child.
The couple married in Mossel Bay, South Africa, and have three children; Jana, Sophia, and Emma.
Together, Oosthuizen and his wife own a wine company and restaurant called Louis57, which specializes in wines from South Africa.
Awards & Achievements
Louis Oosthuizen has earned numerous titles during his career, all of which have helped him rise through the rankings.
Although all of his victories are noteworthy, some have been more significant than others.
Here are some of Louis Oosthuizen’s greatest career victories:
- Between 2004 and 2008, Oosthuizen won five professional tournaments on the Sunshine Tour, including the Platinum Classic and the Telkom PGA Championship.
- In 2010, Oosthuizen won his first European Tour event at the Open de Andalucia de Golf.
- The same year, he also won the 2010 Masters Par 3 contest.
- Oosthuizen held the Volvo Golf Champions title from 2013 to 2014.
- In 2018, Oosthuizen won the South African Open Championship, co-sanctioned by the European, Sunshine, and Asian Tours.
Despite not being as well known as Tiger Woods, Oosthuizen has won his fair share of tournament titles, and he is still going strong today.
How Does Louis Oosthuizen Spend His Money?
Louis Oosthuizen has more than enough money to buy all of the most expensive golf clubs in the world without breaking the bank, and he’s certainly made a number of expensive purchases throughout the years.
Notably, in 2020, Oosthuizen sold his Florida mansion for $5.5 million and purchased an 86-acre ranch in the same state.
Although we don’t know how much Oosthuizen spent on his new home, we know it had to be a significant amount, seeing how vast the property is.
Oosthuizen has stated that he plans to keep cattle on his new ranch to help give him something to do when he isn’t competing.
Having grown up on a farm in South Africa, it makes sense that he would gravitate towards owning a property that reminds him of his home.
Louis Oosthuizen has reached many remarkable milestones during his career, all of which have helped him earn his fortune.
However, some points in his career stand out for their overall impact on his fame and fortune.
Here are some of the best highlights of Louis Oosthuizen’s career:
- Louis Oosthuizen became a professional golfer in 2002 and won his first tournament title in 2004 at the Vodacom Origins of Golf Tour event at Arabella.
- In 2004, Oosthuizen joined the European Tour, having played on the European Challenge Tour the year before.
- Oosthuizen entered the top 10 of the Official World Golf Ranking for the first time in 2012.
- From 2013 to 2014, he successfully won and defended the Volvo Golf Champions title.
- In 2022, Oosthuizen resigned from the PGA Tour to join LIV Golf.
Louis Oosthuizen may not have yet enjoyed as much success as Phil Mickelson, but he is well on his way to experiencing many more incredible milestones.
Favorite Louis Oosthuizen Quotes
Louis Oosthuizen has often spoken about his career and how he spends his downtime, giving fans an insight into his personality.
In the interviews he’s given, he has also said a number of things that stand out as being rather inspirational.
Here are our favorite quotes from Louis Oosthuizen:
- “Sometimes my backswing gets long, and I get in bad positions. The club also can get behind me coming down, so I have to flip my hands to catch up to my body.” – Louis Oosthuizen
- “I never try to set goals that I know are too tough to achieve or out of my reach.” – Louis Oosthuizen
- “I just go out there and play the game; I get on with things. Golf is not everything in life.” – Louis Oosthuizen
- “My putting strategy is simple: If you’re not making putts, don’t be afraid to change your technique.” – Louis Oosthuizen
- “Whenever I have a little time off, I try to go back to my farm in South Africa. I’ll spend time with my family and hunt antelope, kudu, and springbok.” – Louis Oosthuizen
3 Amazing Lessons From Louis Oosthuizen
There is a lot that we can learn from Louis Oosthuizen’s successful professional golf career.
Now that you know all about Louis Oosthuizen’s net worth, we can look at what he can teach us about achieving our own goals.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Louis Oosthuizen:
1. Set Realistic Goals
Although you should strive for lofty goals, you should always ensure you have realistic goals lined up that you know are achievable.
If you spend too much time chasing goals that are out of your reach, you can easily become discouraged because you’re not reaching the milestones you’ve set.
2. Don’t Be Afraid To Change Things Up
You should consider changing your technique or approach when things aren’t working out how you’d like them to.
Innovation and change are vital to success, and you should always look for ways to improve whenever possible.
3. Remember Hard Work Isn’t Everything
Hard work is essential if you want to become successful, but if you throw yourself into work without any breaks, you’ll only end up burning out before you can get off the ground.
Make sure to take time to relax or do things you enjoy so that you can consistently give 100% when you need to.
Louis Oosthuizen has earned a significant net worth as a professional golfer and hasn’t shown signs of slowing down anytime soon.
While he has since left the PGA Tour, Oosthuizen is continuing to increase his net worth as a member of LIV Golf.
Be sure to check back often to stay up-to-date on any and all changes impacting Louis Oosthuizen’s wealth.
As of November 2022, Louis Oosthuizen’s net worth is estimated to be $40 Million.