What is Evgeni Malkin’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$50 Million|
|Born:||July 31, 1986|
|Height:||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Country of Origin:||Russia|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Hockey Player|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Evgeni Malkin is a Russian professional ice hockey player who serves as the center and the alternate captain for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the National Hockey League.
He has also competed for Russia in several world championships, winning multiple medals and international tournaments.
As of November 2022, Evgeni Malkin’s net worth is estimated to be $50 Million.
Evgeni Malkin Facts
- Evgeni Malkin is one of the most successful players for the Pittsburgh Penguins and has helped them win an impressive three Stanley Cup championships.
- He’s played over 1,000 games in total over the course of his career, which spans over 20 years.
- Injuries over the years have meant that Malkin has missed 78 games, which is 37.7% of all the available games over this time.
- He sometimes goes by the nickname “Geno”, which is a shortened version of his given name.
- Malkin’s 2022 contract with the Penguins means he will continue to earn several million dollars a year for the next four years.
Evgeni Vladimirovich Malkin was born 31 July, 1986, in Magnitogorsk, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union, to parents Vladimir and Natalia Malkin.
After beginning skating at the age of three, he joined an organized hockey league and was coached by his father, who had played in the youth system.
Malkin’s experiences with the Metallurg Magnitogorsk hockey program paved the way for his career as a professional ice hockey player.
In 2003, Malkin was made his Russian Superleague debut while he was 17 years old, following this with his international debut for Russia at the 2003 U-18 World Championships.
By 2006, he had been transferred to the Pittsburgh Penguins, joining Sidney Crosby and setting a record after scoring a goal in each of his first six games.
In 2009, he helped the Pittsburgh Penguins win the Stanley Cup championship, with Malkin’s 36 total playoff points the highest since Wayne Gretzky reached 40 points in 1993.
Malkin continued to dominate the sport over the following years while also appearing on the international stage for the Russian national team.
With Russia, he won several medals, including a gold medal at the IIHF U20 Championships held in 2012.
Evgeni Malkin’s Career Earnings
Evgeni Malkin has had a hugely successful career as a professional ice hockey player, with a consistently high salary that reflects his value to the team.
His contracts with the Pittsburgh Penguins have proven incredibly lucrative, with his income further increased with his brand endorsement deals.
- Evgeni Malkin’s Salary In 2013 – $5.2 million
- Evgeni Malkin’s Salary In 2014 – $7.5 million
- Evgeni Malkin’s Salary In 2015 – $9.5 million
- Evgeni Malkin’s Salary In 2016 – $9.5 million
- Evgeni Malkin’s Salary In 2017 – $9.5 million
- Evgeni Malkin’s Salary In 2018 – $9.5 million
- Evgeni Malkin’s Salary In 2019 – $9.5 million
- Evgeni Malkin’s Salary In 2020 – $9.5 million
- Evgeni Malkin’s Salary In 2021 – $9.5 million
- Evgeni Malkin’s Salary In 2022 – $9.5 million
Malkin continues to play professionally and draw an impressive salary, with no indication that he plans to retire from the sport soon.
Evgeni Malkin’s Net Worth Annually
Evgeni Malkin’s net worth growth has been in line with his high income and other revenue streams and business interests.
As one of the richest hockey players in the world, his net worth stands as a testament to his invaluable contributions to the sport and the many victories he’s helped his teams achieve.
With his impressive track record in the rink and a four-year contract with the Penguins worth $24.4 million in 2022, his net worth and assets will continue to grow.
In 2015, Evgeni Malkin became engaged to Russian television personality Anna Kasterova, with whom he has a son, born in 2016.
He owns a restaurant in Magnitogorsk, which he had designed to resemble the interior of a prison.
Malkin’s social media presence includes his hugely popular official Twitter account, with over a million fans following the account for the latest updates and news.
Awards & Achievements
Over the course of his impressive career, Evgeni Malkin has been nominated and awarded multiple high-profile accolades.
He’s helped his team win the Stanley Cup championship on three occasions, in addition to several awards from the international stage.
Here are some notable awards and achievements from Evgeni Malkin’s career:
- 2007: Malkin’s career kicks off with the Michel Briere Memorial Trophy at the Penguin Team Awards.
- 2008: He is named NHL All-Star Game for the first time, repeating the accomplishment six more times in the following years.
- 2009: With the National Hockey League, Malkin wins the NHL All-Star SuperSkills Accuracy award.
- 2012: Malkin picks up the Hart Memorial Trophy.
- 2012: At the Penguins Team Awards, he wins The Edward J. DeBartolo Community Service Award.
It’s an impressive list of accomplishments that few professional ice hockey players have been able to match.
We can expect many more awards and accolades to come for Evgeni Malkin as he continues his journey as a professional ice hockey player.
How Does Evgeni Malkin Spend His Money?
With tens of millions of dollars to his name, Evgeni Malkin can afford a luxurious lifestyle, including expensive real estate.
He owns a luxury mansion in America in the small town of Sewickley, 12 miles northwest of Pittsburgh, for which he paid $1.5 million.
Malkin also owns several vehicles from the makers of the most expensive cars in the world, including a Porsche Cayenne and 911.
Malkin has enjoyed an impressive career as a professional ice hockey center for the Pittsburgh Penguins, with many high points worth celebrating.
As one of the richest athletes in the world, he’s enjoyed back-to-back championship victories in addition to many other cups and trophies.
Here are some of the best highlights of Evgeni Malkin’s career:
- 2003: Evgeni Malkin begins his professional career in Russia, competing with the national team at the World Championships.
- 2004: He is drafted second overall and makes his NHL debut in 2006 after a dispute over his transfer.
- 2008: While playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins, he scores his first hat trick against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- 2011: After suffering from a concussion the previous season, he returns to form and scores 50 goals over the season.
- 2019: Malkin scores his 1000th NHL point to become the 88th player in history to reach this mark.
These are just a few examples of the high points and achievements from Malkin’s outstanding professional career in ice hockey.
With his professional career far from over, we can expect to see Malkin enjoy many more successes as he continues to compete.
Favorite Evgeni Malkin Quotes
Throughout his career, Evgeni Malkin has spoken to the press on rare occasions to share his insights into his playing style and professional track record.
These insights range from his struggles with confidence to his thoughts on teamwork and collaboration.
Here are our favorite quotes from Evgeni Malkin:
- “I feel pretty good, but I can play better, i need more confidence. Shoot the puck more, play with the puck, work hard and the goals and points will come.” – Evgeni Malkin
- “It was a long process for me. This was the longest break in my life, we won and I scored a couple of goals — it felt amazing. I feel so at ease right now.” – Evgeni Malkin
- “I’m not trying to celebrate too hard, you know? I’m just having fun, we had a couple of good chances, power plays, my partners gave me nice pucks, passes.” – Evgeni Malkin
- “We can play no matter what team, that we played against a great team. But most important I think we have a great future for next year.” – Evgeni Malkin
- “I think we have a great team. And the most important is we can play against anybody and hopefully we’re going to have a good summer and we’ll be ready for next season.” – Evgeni Malkin
3 Amazing Lessons From Evgeni Malkin
Now that you know all about Evgeni Malkin’s net worth, let’s see what valuable lessons and insights we can take from his experiences.
Malkin’s dedication to ice hockey and intense training regime inspires anyone looking to become the best they can be.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Evgeni Malkin:
1. The Earlier You Start Something, The Better
As Malkin’s life experiences teach us, starting something early in life gives you a huge head start over the competition.
He began playing ice hockey when he was very young, allowing him to fine-tune his skills and become one of the best players in the world.
2. Try To Control Your Emotions
Evgeni Malkin is known for his hot-headed nature during games, which can sometimes be turned to his advantage.
If you have a short temper, learn how to control it, and you can channel aggression into something more positive.
3. Value The Importance Of Teamwork
Malkin has frequently been outspoken about how much he respects and values his fellow team members, understanding how important it is to respect those you work with at all times.
That concludes this article exploring the successful winning streak and championship victories of professional ice hockey player Evgeni Malkin.
His ongoing presence in the sport, his brand endorsements, and other ventures ensure his net worth will continue to grow.
To ensure this article covers all the facts and figures, we’ll be updating it in the future, so check back again for the latest updates.
As of November 2022, Evgeni Malkin’s net worth is estimated to be $50 Million.