What is Kimi Raikkonen’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$250 Million|
|Born:||October 17, 1979|
|Height:||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Country of Origin:||Finland|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Racing Driver|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Kimi Raikkonen is the most successful Finnish racing driver to date, having won an astonishing 21 Grand Prix races.
Raikkonen has been racing since 2001 and, throughout his long career, has built up a substantial net worth that makes him one of the richest drivers in the racing industry.
As of October 2022, Kimi Raikkonen’s net worth is estimated to be $250 Million.
Kimi Raikkonen Facts
- Kimi Raikkonen is only the sixth Finn to drive in Formula One racing.
- In 2007, Raikkonen won the Formula One World Drivers’ Championship, only one point ahead of Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton.
- Raikkonen has had 103 podium finishes, making him one of only five drivers to reach over 100.
- Among the media, Raikkonen is known to be reserved and reluctant to participate in public relations.
- Forbes Magazine listed him as the second highest-paid athlete in 2009.
Kimi-Matias Raikkonen was born in Espoo, Finland in 1979.
As a young child, he became successful in karting, participating in his first race outside of Finland when he was 15.
By 1998, Raikkonen was first in the Nordic Championship in Varna, Norway, and at the age of 20, he had won the British Formula Renault winter series in 1999.
Based on his success behind the wheel at such a young age, Peter Sauber allowed Raikkonen to test for the Sauber Formula One team in 2000.
After Raikkonen completed the lap half a second faster than Sauber’s regular driver, Pedro Diniz, Sauber signed Raikkonen without a second thought.
From 2001 to 2009, Raikkonen was a member of the Sauber Formula One racing team, and in his debut year, he achieved four point-scoring finishes and eight finishes in the top eight.
In 2002, Raikkonen scored a third-place podium finish with McLaren at the Australian Grand Prix, and while he struggled with many engine failures the same year, he still managed four podium finishes overall.
Following the Italian Grand Prix in 2006, Ferrari announced that Raikkonen had signed a three-year contract with Scuderia Ferrari, marking his move away from McLaren, and in 2007, Raikkonen took pole position in Australia and became the first driver since Nigel Mansell in 1989 to win his first Grand Prix in a Ferrari.
The rest of the year saw many additional wins from Raikkonen, including one in France and one at Spa-Francorchamps, which was his third overall at that circuit.
In 2010, Raikkonen left Formula One after his contract with Ferrari expired and negotiations with McLaren fell through.
However, Raikkonen returned to Formula One in 2012, signing a two-year contract with Lotus, and at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Raikkonen scored his first win after returning, earning Lotus its first win since 1987.
In 2013, Raikkonen announced he was returning to Ferrari after his contract with Lotus was up, and by 2015, Ferrari had extended his contract into the 2016 season. He would ultimately end up remaining with the company until his official retirement.
From 2016 to 2021, Raikkonen remained one of the highest finishing drivers in Formula One but made the decision to retire at the end of the season, though he didn’t stay away from racing long, making his Cup Series debut with NASCAR at the Go Bowling at The Glen, finishing in 37th place.
Kimi Raikkonen’s Career Earnings
Kimi Raikkonen has made a ton of money from his racing career, and his net worth has been built from various sources.
Here is what we know about his earnings:
- Early in his career, Raikkonen had a contract that earned him $30 million per year, but in 2017 he took a pay cut that slashed this to a guaranteed $7 million.
- At his peak, Raikkonen was making $50 million per year as one of the highest-paid athletes in the world, though he’s since lost that title.
- In 2020, his annual salary was raised to $8.5 million per year.
- Along with his contracts, Raikkonen also received additional bonuses for winning and placing high in races. From 2012 to 2013, Raikkonen made $19.4 million in bonuses alone.
Kimi Raikkonen’s net worth has earned him a place as one of the world’s highest-paid athletes, and with his entry into NASCAR, it is likely that we will see him earn even more money from his upcoming races.
Kimi Raikkonen married his first wife, former Miss Scandinavia 2001, Jenni Dahlman, in 2002, though the couple separated in 2013 and officially divorced a year later.
Not long after, Raikkonen proposed to fitness model Minna-Mari Virtanen, and the couple had their first child, a son.
In 2016, the couple married, and a year after, Raikkonen became a father for the second time, with Virtanen giving birth to his daughter.
Outside of racing, Raikkonen is a fan of snowboarding and hockey, and he has also competed in snowmobile races and various other motorsports events in Finland under the pseudonym “James Hunt.”
Awards & Achievements
Kimi Raikkonen has won many awards throughout his career in Formula One.
Here are some highlights from Kimi Raikkonen’s career:
- Raikkonen won first place at the Formula Renault UK Winter Championship in 1999.
- In 2000, he took first place at the Formula Renault UK race with a total of 316 points.
- As a part of the Scuderia Ferrari team, Raikkonen won first place in Formula One Australia in 2007.
- Since his race in Abu Dhabi in 2019, Raikkonen has held the third highest number of fastest laps.
- As of 2020, Raikkonen holds the record for the most second and third-place podium finishes combined.
How Does Kimi Raikkonen Spend His Money?
As one of the richest racing drivers in the world, Kimi Raikkonen’s net worth has enabled him and his family to live very comfortably.
Along with having some of the most expensive cars in the world in his collection, Raikkonen lives in a Swiss Villa near Zurich, and the home itself is over 3,000 sqft.
Raikkonen paid over $24 million for his dream home, but it is far from the only property in his name, as the former Formula One driver also owns a penthouse in Helsinki, and homes in Dubai, Phuket, and Porkkala.
As one of the richest athletes in the world, Raikkonen has set a lot of records and achieved a lot of amazing feats during his Formula One racing career.
Here are some of the best highlights of Kimi Raikkonen’s career:
- Raikkonen was the first driver to win a race in his Ferrari since Nigel Mansell at the Brazilian Grand Prix in 1989.
- At the French Grand Prix in 2008, Raikkonen gave Ferrari their 200th pole position.
- As of 2020, Raikkonen holds the record for the most wins in a debut year with Ferrari.
- Raikkonen set the record for the fastest lap in F1 history at the 2018 Italian Grand Prix.
- At the 2020 Spanish Grand Prix, Raikkonen broke the F1 distance record.
Favorite Kimi Raikkonen Quotes
Kimi Raikkonen is a blunt, tell it like it is kind of guy, and we absolutely love it.
Here are our favorite quotes from Kimi Raikkonen:
- “Driving is the only thing I love about F1.” – Kimi Raikkonen
- “Be yourself. If you try to be someone else, it won’t work. Whatever you do, you are not going to make everyone happy.” – Kimi Raikkonen
- “I’m not interested in what people think about me.” – Kimi Raikkonen
- “I’m happy, but there’s nothing to jump around about.” – Kimi Raikkonen
- “In F1, too many things overshadow the racing. There is too much politics.” – Kimi Raikkonen
3 Amazing Lessons From Kimi Raikkonen
Now that you know all about Kimi Raikkonen’s net worth, we can look at the lessons he can teach us about reaching our own success in life.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Kimi Raikkonen:
1. Don’t Worry About What Other People Think
If you spend too much time worrying about what other people think about you or your work, you’ll waste time that could be spent focusing on building yourself up.
There will always be haters, and instead of letting them drag you down, do your best to leave them in the dust.
2. Be Yourself
Raikkonen has never cared about what the media thinks of him and has spent his career just being himself.
You are your biggest asset on the road to success, so find your natural strengths and build them up.
3. Don’t Give Up
Raikkonen had many bad races and off-seasons as a Formula One race driver, but he never let that hold him back and kept on competing.
Everyone falls short sometimes, but the key is to pick yourself up and keep going until you cross that finish line.
Kimi Raikkonen is one of the best Formula One drivers to ever compete, and he is also one of the richest.
While he is no longer competing in Formula One, we may very well see his net worth grow even more as he makes a name for himself in NASCAR.
Be sure to check back often to stay updated!
As of October 2022, Kimi Raikkonen’s net worth is estimated to be $250 Million.