What is Carmelo Anthony’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$160 Million|
|Born:||May 29, 1984|
|Height:||2.03 m (6 ft 8 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional NBA Player|
|Last Updated:||March 8, 2023|
Ranked as one of the greatest players in NBA history and one of the best scorers, Carmelo Anthony has earned a huge net worth for his talents.
While he has been playing for decades, Anthony is still going strong and earning millions every year.
As of April 2023, Carmelo Anthony’s net worth is estimated to be $160 Million.
Carmelo Anthony Facts
- Carmelo Anthony started his NBA career in 2003 with the Denver Nuggets.
- In 2011, Anthony was traded to the New York Knicks just days before the NBA trade deadline.
- Anthony scored a career-high 62 points in 2014, setting a single-game record for the New York Knicks.
- Carmelo Anthony played for the US National Team at the Olympics four times, taking home a gold medal in 2008, 2012, and 2016 and a bronze medal in 2004.
- Since 2016, Anthony has held the record for the most points, rebounds, and games played for the US National Team.
Carmelo Kyam Anthony was born May 29, 1984, in New York City, New York, to Carmelo Iriarte and Mary Anthony.
Carmelo’s father, Iriarte, died of cancer when he was only 2, and his family moved to Baltimore when he was 8, where he later attended Towson Catholic High School.
While playing basketball in high school, Carmelo was The Baltimore Sun‘s Metro Player of the Year in 2001 and the Baltimore Catholic League’s Player of the Year.
During his senior year, Anthony transferred to Oak Hill Academy, where he attracted NBA attention when he scored an average of 25.2 points per game.
At the USA Basketball Youth Development Festival, he earned the silver medal, tying LeBron James with 24 points per game, which caused the pair to strike up a friendship.
After high school, Anthony chose to attend Syracuse University, where he played for the Syracuse Orange for the 2002-2003 season.
While he planned on staying with Syracuse for three seasons, he left his college basketball career in 2003 for the NBA draft, where he ended up being selected by the Denver Nuggets.
Anthony spent the first seven years of his NBA career with the Denver Nuggets, having been chosen as their third pick behind LeBron James and Darko Milicic.
While playing for the Nuggets, Anthony led them to the playoffs every year from 2004 to 2010, in addition to two division titles.
In 2011, Anthony was traded to the New York Knicks, one of the richest NBA teams, earning a career-high 62 points in a single game in 2014.
He continued to play for the Knicks until 2017 before signing with the Oklahoma City Thunder for a single season.
Anthony signed a one-year contract with the Houston Rockets in 2018 but missed the last three games of the season due to illness.
The Houston Rockets traded him in 2019 to the Atlanta Hawks, and he also played with the Chicago Bulls during the same season.
For the 2019-2020 season, Anthony played for the Portland Trail Blazers, where he scored a season-record of 32 points in a single game against the Detroit Pistons.
In 2021, Anthony signed with the Los Angeles Lakers, whom he still plays for today.
Carmelo Anthony’s Career Earnings
As one of the richest NBA players in the world, it’s safe to say that Carmelo Anthony has earned a substantial amount of wealth.
Although we don’t have all of the details about his annual earnings, we do know a bit about how much he’s made throughout his career.
- From 2003 to 2006, Carmelo Anthony earned an annual salary of approximately $3.7 million on a $15.1 million 4-year contract as a rookie.
- Anthony’s annual salary was boosted significantly from 2007 to 2011 to $15.7 million annually.
- With the New York Knicks, Anthony earned $21.3 million for the 2012-2013 season, which increased to $24.8 million from 2014 to 2018.
- During the 2021-2022 season as a member of the Los Angeles Lakers, his base salary decreased to $2.6 million, which is still significant.
While he may not be as rich as Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson, Carmelo Anthony has certainly earned a net worth that most basketball players could only dream of.
Carmelo Anthony became engaged to Alani “La La” Vazquez in 2004, and in 2007, their son, Kiyan Carmelo Anthony, was born.
In 2010, Anthony and Alani married at Cipriani’s in New York City, and VH1 filmed the ceremony to use in their reality series La La’s Full Court Wedding.
After the 2016-2017 season, TMZ reported that Alani had moved out of the couple’s shared apartment and was living separately, which led to her filing for divorce in 2021.
Carmello is active on his official Instagram account and his official Twitter account, where he posts about his games, events, and personal life.
Awards & Achievements
Carmelo Anthony has won many games throughout his life and won some significant awards.
While we can’t cover all of his accolades, we can point out some of the most substantial.
Here are some important awards and achievements from Carmelo Anthony’s career:
- In 2003, Anthony was the NCAA Champion.
- Carmelo Anthony was a 10-time NBA All-Star in 2007, 2008, and consecutively from 2010 to 2017.
- At the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, Anthony won gold with the US National Team.
- In 2013, Anthony was the NBA Scoring Champion.
- At the 2012 Olympics in London, Anthony won his second gold medal with Team USA.
Aside from being just a talented NBA player, Carmelo Anthony is also a gold medal Olympian, which is something that helps set him apart from others on the court.
How Does Carmelo Anthony Spend His Money?
Carmelo Anthony has a lot of money, and he isn’t afraid to spend it.
In 2007, Anthony paid $12 million for a 21,000 sqft mansion in Denver, which he later listed in 2010 for $9.5 million after the housing bubble burst.
Anthony later bought a condo in New York City for $11 million, which he put up for sale in 2020 for $12.8 million.
Along with his expensive homes, Anthony has also given a lot of money to various charities and institutions, including $1.5 million to the Living Classrooms Foundation, $3 million to Syracuse University for their basketball program, and $35k to relief efforts following the Indian Ocean earthquake in 2004.
Carmelo Anthony has reached many milestones throughout his career, but some have been more significant than others.
From the first time he stepped onto the court to the Olympics, Anthony has experienced a lot of success.
Here are some of the best highlights of Carmelo Anthony’s career:
- Carmelo started his NBA career in 2003 after playing one year of college basketball with the Syracuse Orange.
- Anthony has played in the Olympic games a record-setting four times, taking home gold in 2008, 2012, and 2016.
- As of April 2016, Carmelo has been the US National team’s all-time leader in points scored, games played, and rebounds.
- Carmelo Anthony is currently ranked 9th on the all-time NBA scoring list.
- In 2022, Carmelo Anthony was named one of the greatest players in NBA history.
Carmelo has achieved a lot throughout his career, and he is still going strong today.
Favorite Carmelo Anthony Quotes
Carmelo Anthony is one of the most inspirational NBA players, and he’s always willing to share encouragement when necessary.
Anthony has shared loads of great advice during his interviews, but some have stood out more than others.
Here are our favorite quotes from Carmelo Anthony:
- “Every Morning You Have Two Choices: Continue To Sleep With Your Dreams, Or Wake Up and Chase Them.” – Carmelo Anthony
- “I believe that you should put the right people around you, people that will not let anything go wrong.” – Carmelo Anthony
- “Nobody should expect more of you than you expect of yourself.” – Carmelo Anthony
- “Always stay true to yourself. Some people will like it, some people won’t. Life goes on.” – Carmelo Anthony
- “People tend to grow fearful when they taste failure, face a daunting challenge or fall ill. Yet, that is precisely the time to become even bolder. Those who are victors at heart are the greatest of all champions!!!!” – Carmelo Anthony
3 Amazing Lessons From Carmelo Anthony
There is a lot that we can learn about success from this NBA legend.
Now that you know all about Carmelo Anthony’s net worth, we can look specifically at what he can teach us about reaching our own goals.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Carmelo Anthony:
1. Surround Yourself With Support
When trying to become successful, surrounding yourself with people who will support you can be crucial.
Not only will it give you people to rely on when you need help, but it can give you access to a great source of motivation.
2. Make Your Dreams A Reality
Everyone has dreams, but if you don’t work hard to pursue them, you’ll never be able to make them come true.
Although some lofty goals can be more difficult to achieve than others, if you don’t keep trying, you’ll have already failed to achieve them.
3. Be Bold!
If you want to be successful, you’ll have to be bold and make big decisions.
While it can be difficult to find your confidence at first, it is a skill that can be incredibly vital.
Carmelo Anthony is a professional basketball player who has earned a huge net worth for his skills on the court.
While he has been playing for a long time, he has shown no signs of retiring any time soon, so it is likely his fortune will continue to grow.
Make sure to check back often to stay up-to-date on any changes impacting Carmelo Anthony’s net worth.
As of April 2023, Carmelo Anthony’s net worth is estimated to be $160 Million.