What is Kate Beckinsale’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$25 Million|
|Born:||July 26, 1973|
|Height:||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Actress|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Kate Beckinsale is an English actress and model who got her start in minor television roles before landing larger roles in Hollywood movies.
While she is best known for playing Selene in the Underworld film series, Beckinsale has enjoyed a robust acting career that has earned her a substantial amount of money.
As of October 2022, Kate Beckinsale’s net worth is estimated to be $25 Million.
Kate Beckinsale Facts
- In 2002, Beckinsale was chosen by Hello Magazine as England’s #1 beauty.
- Despite starring in many action movies, Kate says that P.E. was her worst subject in school.
- Esquire Magazine named her the “Sexiest Woman Alive” in 2009.
- Beckinsale is infamous for playing pranks and jokes on her co-stars while on the set of movies.
- In 2017, Beckinsale was among the over 80 women to accuse Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment.
- Kate Beckinsale isn’t just a pretty face and is known to have an IQ score of 152.
Kathrin Romary Beckinsale was born in 1973 in London as the only child of English actors Judy Loe and Richard Beckinsale.
Her first television appearance was at the age of four, in an episode of This Is Your Life which was dedicated to her father.
Unfortunately, Richard Beckinsale passed away suddenly when Kate was five, after which her mother moved in with English director Roy Battersby.
Beckinsale was educated at Godolphin and Latymer School in Hammersmith, West London, and won the WH Smith Young Writers Award twice.
While at New College, Oxford University, Beckinsale studied French and Russian literature and was a member of the Oxford University Dramatic Society.
Although she started at University as a modern language student, she dropped out to focus on her acting career.
In 1993 she landed her first significant role as Hero in Kenneth Branagh’s adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing.
After this film earned over $22 million at the box office, Beckinsale went on to play Christian Bale‘s love interest in Prince of Jutland and the murder mystery film Uncovered.
Between 1991 and 1997, Beckinsale appeared in 10 films before moving to America in 1998 and starting her focus on American-made Hollywood films.
In 2001, she landed a leading role in the war film Pearl Harbor alongside Ben Affleck and Josh Hartnett. While director Michael Bay was hesitant to cast her — even making hurtful comments about her appearance — her performance only helped grow her fame.
Kate Beckinsale landed her most well-known movie in 2003, playing the vampire Selene in Underworld.
As an action film, it was distinctly different from her other roles, but it opened the door for her to go on to play in the 2004 vampire action horror film Van Helsing where she co-starred with Hugh Jackman.
Between 2007 and 2008, Beckinsale stepped away from action movies and focused more on small-scale dramas like Vacancy and Nothing but the Truth.
However, in 2009 she returned to action, starring in the comic book adaption Whiteout and reprised her role as Selene in Underworld: Awakening, the fourth film in the series released in 2012.
Most recently, she has starred in the Amazon Prime drama The Widow, her first television series in 20 years, and as of 2021, she is poised to star in the upcoming family drama Prisoner’s Daughter.
More Professional Actresses:
- Elisha Cuthbert Net Worth
- Lena Hall Net Worth
- Beanie Feldstein Net Worth
- Whoopi Goldberg Net Worth
- Elizabeth Hurley Net Worth
- Gemma Arterton Net Worth
- Sarah Wayne Callies Net Worth
- Rebecca Rittenhouse Net Worth
Kate Beckinsale’s Career Earnings
While we don’t have concrete numbers for what Kate Beckinsale makes every year, there is some information we have that can help us understand how she came to have such a large net worth.
- For her role in Pearl Harbor, it was reported that Beckinsale made $50,000
- From acting, modeling, and paid advertisement gigs, Kate has made upwards of $500,000 per month.
- It is estimated that Beckinsale brings in at least $2 million every year.
- On her official Instagram, Beckinsale charges about $20,000 per post for endorsements.
- Known endorsements have come from Gap, Absolut Vodka, Lux Shampoo, and Diet Coke.
With all of her movies and endorsement deals, it’s safe to say that Kate Beckinsale’s net worth is only going to continue growing larger.
Kate Beckinsale was previously in a long-term relationship with actor Michael Sheen, and the pair have a daughter, Lily Mo Sheen.
While they broke up in 2003 after the filming of Underworld, they remained close friends.
Her next relationship was with American director Len Wiseman, and they married in May of 2004.
By 2015, Beckinsale and Wiseman separated, finalizing their divorce in 2019.
She is very protective of her daughter and tries to keep details of her life as private as possible, even suing the Daily Mail after the tabloid published photos of her.
Later, she took legal action against Express Newspapers for falsely reporting on her personal life, winning $23,000 in damages from the British High Court.
Awards & Achievements
Kate Beckinsale has received many awards and nominations throughout her acting career.
Although she often posts about awards she’s won on her Twitter account, we’ve rounded up the most noteworthy.
Here are some highlights from Kate Beckinsale’s career:
- Beckinsale won Best Actress at the 1997 Catalan International Film Festival for her role in Shooting Fish.
- At the MTV Movie Awards in 2002, Beckinsale was nominated for Best Female Performance for Pearl Harbor.
- In 2006 at the MTV Movie Awards, she has nominated for the Best Hero award for her role as Selene in Underworld.
- Beckinsale won Actress of the Year and British Actress of the Year at the 2017 London Film Critics’ Circle Awards for the film Love & Friendship.
- At the National Film Awards UK, she won the award for Best Actress in the film Farming.
How Does Kate Beckinsale Spend Her Money?
Although Kate Beckinsale likes to keep her private life under wraps, we do have some details on how she spends her money, at least when it comes to her lavish houses.
In 2021, Beckinsale listed one of her homes in Brentwood, Los Angeles, for $3.9 million.
The home, a Cape-Cod style residence, has 3,000 sqft of space filled with a large living room, stone fireplace, and loads of windows that make the house extremely bright and welcoming.
The huge master bedroom has a fireplace of its own, and a giant jacuzzi tub is accented with its own fireplace in the master bath.
Needless to say, this house was snapped up very quickly once Beckinsale put it up for sale.
The home Beckinsale currently lives in can be caught in glimpses on her Instagram, and it looks like one of the most expensive houses in the world with sleek modern architecture, a pool, and a huge circular living room.
Kate Beckinsale has hit many milestones in her career, but some stand out more than others.
Here are some of the best highlights of Kate Beckinsale’s career:
- Beckinsale’s casting in Much Ado About Nothing kickstarted her acting career and set the stage for her future success.
- When Beckinsale appeared as a lead in Pearl Harbor, her fame started to skyrocket as she gained more notoriety in Hollywood.
- Beckinsale’s first action movie appearance in 2003’s Underworld made her a household name.
- In 2015, Beckinsale branched out into video games, lending her voice to the character of Queen Ayrenn in The Elder Scrolls Online.
- At the National Film Awards UK in 2022, Beckinsale won Best Actress in the comedy film Jolt.
Favorite Kate Beckinsale Quotes
Throughout her long career, Kate Beckinsale has said many notable things, but some of her quotes stand out more than others.
Here are our favorite quotes from Kate Beckinsale:
- “I don’t have a big career plan. I just like to see how things come out, and I just try to keep going in different directions.” – Kate Beckinsale
- “With every project you do, you bring out a part of yourself, and it seems to be quite a good way of expanding a person.” – Kate Beckinsale
- “I think that dwelling on other people’s perception of you is the road to complete madness, unfortunately. I try and resist that.” – Kate Beckinsale
- “There’s such a pressure on women that we put on ourselves, and everyone else puts on us to look unrealistic and everything, but you just can’t compare yourself to people in magazines.” – Kate Beckinsale
- “I’m glad I’ve never been so successful that I couldn’t stop doing one thing. I’ve kind of been able to just kick it along and switch around.” – Kate Beckinsale
3 Amazing Lessons From Kate Beckinsale
Now that you know all about Kate Beckinsale’s net worth, we can look at what her life and career can teach us about finding our own success.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Kate Beckinsale:
1. Go With The Flow
While it is always a good idea to have a plan, sometimes the best course of action is to go with the flow.
In some cases, the best opportunities are the ones that you never saw coming.
2. Don’t Worry About Haters
It’s way too easy to get caught up worrying about the negative things people say about you or your work.
However, you have to remember that you can’t please everyone, and while constructive criticism is good, it’s best to drown out the haters who have nothing good to say.
3. Don’t Compare Yourself To Others
Comparing yourself to others seems like human nature, but you only stand to hold back your own potential if you get caught up trying to be someone else.
Embrace who you are and your own unique skills, and it will be much easier to find the success you want.
Kate Beckinsale is one of the biggest names in Hollywood, and her net worth shows just how impressive she is.
Since she shows no signs of retiring anytime soon, we’re sure that her net worth will only continue to increase gradually, so make sure to check back often for updates!
As of October 2022, Kate Beckinsale’s net worth is estimated to be $25 Million.