What is Marián Gáborík’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$47 Million|
|Born:||February 14, 1982|
|Height:||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Country of Origin:||Slovakia|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Hockey Player|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Marián Gáborík is a former ice hockey player who started his NHL career with the Minnesota Wild in 2000.
Although he retired in 2021, Gáborík managed to accumulate a notable fortune during his time on the ice.
As of December 2022, Marián Gáborík’s net worth is estimated to be $47 Million.
Marián Gáborík Facts
- Marián Gáborík started playing hockey with Dukla Trenčín’s junior team in 1997.
- In 2000, Gáborík made his NHL debut after being chosen by the Minnesota Wild as a first-round pick in the entry draft.
- Gáborík was named the All-Star Game MVP in 2012.
- In 2016, as a member of the Los Angeles Kings, Gáborík became a Stanley Cup Champion.
- As a member of Team Europe, Gáborík won silver at the World Cup of Hockey in 2016.
Marián Gáborík was born February 14, 1982, in Trencin, Czechoslovakia, and while not much is known about his childhood, we do know that he developed an interest in hockey at a young age.
In 1997, Gáborík played with Dukla Trenčín’s junior team and, in the same season, appeared in a Slovak Extraliga game with Dukla Trenčín’s men’s team, which he would officially join in 1998.
During the 1908-1999 season, Gáborík scored 20 points in 30 games, and his performance got him noticed by the NHL.
In 2000, Gáborík was the first pick for the Minnesota Wild and was drafted third overall in the first round of the NHL entry draft.
Marián Gáborík would play for the Minnesota Wild from 2000 to 2009, making a name for himself as one of the most talented players in the right winger position.
During his time with the Minnesota Wild, Gáborík was elected to play in the All-Star Game four times and was named the All-Star Game MVP in 2012.
While he continued excelling on the ice, in 2013, Gáborík was traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets and immediately started making a name for himself by scoring the game-winning goal during his debut game.
However, his tenure with the Columbus Blue Jackets only lasted one season, and in 2014, he was traded to the Los Angeles Kings, a team Wayne Gretzky had previously played for, who he would remain with until 2018.
In 2014, Gáborík helped the Kings secure their second Stanley Cup title in three years and signed a seven-year, $34.1 million contract following his first season with the team.
Gáborík would play his 1,000th career game in 2017 as a member of the Kings, but only two months later, in 2018, he ended up being traded to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Nate Thompson and Dion Phaneuf.
While with the Senators, Gáborík underwent surgery for a herniated disk in his back, and while he didn’t officially retire until 2021, his back injury would prevent him from playing his last three seasons.
Marián Gáborík’s Career Earnings
Marián Gáborík may not have earned enough to be considered one of the richest NHL players in the world, but he certainly enjoyed a large NHL salary during his time as a professional hockey player.
While he was far from being the highest-paid player on the ice, Gáborík certainly wasn’t being underpaid for his talents.
- From 2000 to 2003, Marián Gáborík earned an NHL salary of $1.075 million per year.
- Marián Gáborík got a raise from 2003 to 2006, boosting his annual salary to $2.9 million.
- Starting in 2006, Gáborík’s salary increased by $1 million each year, allowing him to earn $7.5 million for the 2008-2009 season.
- From 2009 to 2014, Marián Gáborík continued making an annual base salary of $7.5 million.
- After transferring to the Los Angeles Kings, Gáborík’s salary dropped slightly to $6.075 million from 2014 to 2017.
- At the time of his retirement in 2021, Marián Gáborík earned an additional $3.075 as his final end-of-year salary.
He may not have become one of the wealthiest players in the NHL, but during his career, Marián Gáborík certainly made a solid income that will allow him to live comfortably for the rest of his life.
Marián Gáborík married his longtime girlfriend Ivana Surovcová in 2017, and in 2020, the couple welcomed their first daughter, Bella, followed by their second daughter, Leia, in 2022.
Although Gáborík was previously very active on his official Twitter account, he has since decreased the frequency of his posts, most likely due to having two young children to wrangle.
However, when he does post, he likes to keep fans updated on his family by uploading photos of activities they do together.
Outside of this, not much else is known about Marián Gáborík’s personal life, but from what we can tell, he’s a pretty down-to-earth guy despite having such an exuberant net worth.
Awards & Achievements
Marián Gáborík hasn’t received as many awards and distinctions as Pavel Bure, but he has earned a few impressive titles throughout his career.
Although all of his achievements are noteworthy, some have been more prestigious than others.
Here are some of Marián Gáborík’s most significant career achievements:
- Marián Gáborík was elected to play in the All-Star Game in 2003, 2008, and 2012.
- In 2012, Gáborík was named the All-Star Game MVP.
- The same year, Gáborík was elected to the Second All-Star Team.
- Gáborík became a Stanley Cup Champion in 2014 as a member of the Los Angeles Kings.
- As a member of Team Europe, Gáborík earned a silver medal at the World Cup of Hockey.
Marián Gáborík may not have been the most decorated player on the ice, but the accolades that he did receive were wholly impressive and highlighted his excellence in the sport.
How Does Marián Gáborík Spend His Money?
Using his considerable net worth, Marián Gáborík has purchased some pretty impressive properties.
In 2014, Gáborík paid $5.55 million for a home in Manhattan Beach, California, just three blocks away from the ocean.
This 4,200 sqft home has an extremely modern design with a floating staircase, telescoping doors, loft-like rooms, and a gourmet kitchen that looks like it could fit into one of the most expensive restaurants in the world easily.
Boasting four bedrooms, bright living areas, and an outdoor patio with stunning ocean views, this home served as an impressive getaway for the hockey star before he placed it up for sale in 2018 with an asking price of $7.25 million.
Gáborík also gave interested parties the opportunity to lease the home for $23k per month, though there is no information on whether or not he received any offers.
Marián Gáborík experienced many unforgettable moments during his career with the NHL, and all of his greatest milestones are considerable.
However, some points in his career stand out more than others for the overall impact they had on his success.
Here are some of the best highlights of Marián Gáborík’s career:
- During the 1997-1998 season, Marián Gáborík made his professional debut with Dukla Trenčín’s men’s team, playing in the Slovak Extraliga game.
- Gáborík was chosen as the first-ever draft pick for the Minnesota Wild’s expansion during the first round of the 2000 NHL entry draft.
- After leaving the Wild, Gáborík signed with the New York Rangers and was named the MVP of the All-Star Game in 2012.
- Gáborík played with the Columbus Blue Jackets for a single season in 2013, scoring for them during their opening game in 2013.
- From 2014 to 2018, Gáborík played for the Los Angeles Kings, becoming a Stanley Cup Champion with them in 2014.
Although his greatest milestones may seem fairly small when compared to other players, like Sidney Crosby, Gáborík’s time in the NHL earned him a lot of respect, with these moments being his most formative.
Favorite Marián Gáborík Quotes
Marián Gáborík made a name for himself as a talented ice hockey player, and he’s often spoken about his time in the rink during interviews.
Having enjoyed a long and successful career, Gáborík remained dedicated and confident during his time in the NHL.
Here are our favorite quotes from Marián Gáborík:
- “We were really good tonight. The guys were hungry, and we really wanted the puck and went after it. We also had fun.” – Marián Gáborík
- “This team has confidence, especially at home. Everybody is on the same page.” – Marián Gáborík
- “When the playoff picture isn’t there anymore, it’s hard to get motivated. But I think we are doing fine, and especially these last few games, we have to go out there and have fun.” – Marián Gáborík
- “I had to be patient because I didn’t really have my legs out there for most of the game. I was lucky to get the puck where I could do something with it.” – Marián Gáborík
- “I’ll take it day by day. I’m excited to play, obviously, but they don’t want to rush it, and I don’t want to rush it.” – Marián Gáborík
3 Amazing Lessons From Marián Gáborík
There is a lot we can learn from Marián Gáborík and his impressive career in the NHL.
Now that you know all about Marián Gáborík’s net worth, we can take a closer look at what he can teach us about reaching our own goals.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Marián Gáborík:
1. Don’t Forget To Have Fun
Working towards success doesn’t have to be a boring grind, and it’s important to remember to have fun so that you don’t get burned out.
Whenever possible, make time to do something you enjoy so that you can stay motivated to keep giving 100% when you need to.
2. Stay Hungry
It’s hard to get ahead if you’re not determined to succeed and to do so, you need to remain committed to your goals.
Never lose your drive to keep moving forward, because you never know what great opportunities are waiting for you.
3. Be Patient
With determination also comes patience, and it is a virtue that all successful people need to embrace.
If you’re not patient, you could end up rushing through things too fast and missing out on important opportunities that could have given you a huge break.
Marián Gáborík left a lasting impact on the NHL, and he earned an impressive salary while doing it.
Although he has since retired to live a life outside the spotlight, he continues to advise new players and promote hockey to the youth in Slovakia.
Make sure to check back often, so you don’t miss any updates impacting Marián Gáborík’s wealth!
As of December 2022, Marián Gáborík’s net worth is estimated to be $47 Million.