What is Spencer Dinwiddie’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$12 Million|
|Born:||April 6, 1993|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional NBA Player|
|Last Updated:||November 29, 2022|
Spencer Gray Dinwiddie is an American professional basketball player who was originally selected by the Detroit Pistons during the 2014 NBA draft.
He has since gone on to play for the Grand Rapids Drive, the Windy City Bulls, the Brooklyn Nets, the Washington Wizards, and, most recently, the Dallas Mavericks.
Although he has been playing for a while, Dinwiddie has no plans to retire soon, so he is expected to be seen on the court for many more seasons.
As of January 2023, Spencer Dinwiddie’s net worth is estimated to be $12 Million.
Spencer Dinwiddie Facts
- Spencer Dinwiddie made his collegiate debut with the Colorado Buffaloes in 2011.
- During his junior season in 2013, he helped the team win 14 of their 16 games, making him one of the most successful underdogs in the nation.
- He was selected by the Detroit Pistons as their 38th overall pick during the 2014 NBA draft.
- In 2016, Dinwiddie won the Skills Challenge at the NBA All-Star Weekend.
- Dinwiddie changed his jersey number from 8 to 26 in honor of the late Kobe Byrant in 2020.
Spencer Gray Dinwiddie was born April 6, 1993, in Los Angeles, California, and he attended William Howard Taft High School, where he was recognized as one of the best athletes since Jordan Farmar.
Considered a three-star recruit, he committed to the University of Colorado in 2011 and made history by scoring over 250 points during his freshman season.
As a sophomore, he earned All-Pac-12 honors and was the top scorer on 15 different occasions.
He finished out his junior season before forgoing his final year of eligibility to declare himself for the 2014 NBA draft.
Spencer Dinwiddie was selected by the Detroit Pistons as their 38th overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft.
He remained with them for two seasons before being traded to the Chicago Bulls in 2016.
With the Bulls, he played five preseason games before starting the 2016-17 season with their D-League affiliate team, the Windy City Bulls.
In December 2016, he signed with the Brooklyn Nets, who he remained with until 2021.
During his time with the Nets, he won the Skills Challenge at the NBA All-Star Weekend in 2017. He also started the 2019-20 season as a reserve until Kyrie Irving hurt his shoulder, which gave him more court time.
He was acquired by the Washington Wizards in 2021 and signed a three-year deal for $54 million. However, in 2022 he was traded to the Dallas Mavericks along with Davis Bertans.
As a member of the Mavericks, Dinwiddie scored a career-high 36 points against the Sacramento Kings and recorded 22 points and eight assists during a loss to the Utah Jazz.
So far, it appears Dinwiddie will be with the Mavericks for at least another season, as nothing has been mentioned about trading him or waiving his contract.
Spencer Dinwiddie’s Career Earnings
His annual salary has also been steadily increasing each season, which has helped further boost his overall net worth.
- From 2014 to 2016, as a member of the Detroit Pistons, Dinwiddie earned an average salary of $841k per year.
- His salary increased to $967k from 2016 to 2018 after he joined the Brooklyn Nets.
- After re-signing with the Nets from 2019 to 2021, his yearly earnings were boosted significantly to $11.4 million.
- With the Dallas Mavericks, his annual salary continued to increase during the 2021-11 season, reaching $17.1 million.
- For the 2022-23 season, he is projected to earn $18 million with a cap hit of $20.1 million.
Although he isn’t yet one of the highest-paid athletes in the world, he may very well become one if his salary continues its upward trend.
So long as he continues playing and doesn’t retire early, we wholly expect to see his wealth increase substantially in the near future.
Spencer Dinwiddie is currently in a relationship with Arielle Roberson, the sister of NBA player Andre Roberson. Together they have a son, Elijah, who was born in 2018.
While he uses his official Instagram account mainly for photos of his games, he has posted a few photos of his son over the years.
On his official Twitter account, he mainly interacts with fans, talks about his games, and posts about the causes he supports.
Dinwiddie also has his own official NBA page, where you can follow all the latest news about his career and view his stats.
How Does Spencer Dinwiddie Spend His Money?
Spencer Dinwiddie has enough money to sip the most expensive alcoholic drinks in the world while wearing the most expensive sneakers ever made, but most recently, his biggest purchase has been a new house.
Situated in Calabasas, California, this mansion cost Dinwiddie $6.9 million, a discount from the $7.7 million it was originally listed for before being bought by the California native.
This contemporary craftsman sits in a gated community and boasts five bedrooms, seven bathrooms, and 6,400 sqft of living space.
In the main living room, there is a floor-to-ceiling fireplace and a wet bar with specialized wine storage where some of the most expensive wines in the world can be kept safe from degradation.
Outside, there is a built-in outdoor kitchen, a fire pit, and an infinity pool and spa for relaxing while taking in views of the surrounding Santa Monica Mountains.
We’ve chosen to highlight some of his most memorable moments and the ones that have impacted his success the most.
Here are some of the best highlights of Spencer Dinwiddie’s career:
- In 2012, as a freshman player at the University of Colorado, Dinwiddie led in free throw percentage and ranked third among all freshmen in the nation.
- As a member of the Colorado Buffaloes, Dinwiddie was elected to the First-team All-Pac-12 in 2013.
- Dinwiddie was selected 38th overall by the Detroit Pistons in the 2014 NBA draft.
- He signed with the Brooklyn Nets in 2016 and scored a career-high 22 points with them the following year.
- In 2021, he signed a three-year deal with the Washington Wizards for $54 million.
- He was traded to the Dallas Mavericks in 2022 in exchange for Kristaps Porzingis.
Despite not being as well-known as DeMar DeRozan, Spencer Dinwiddie has accomplished much during his time on the court, and his renown is only continuing to rise.
We definitely expect to see him achieve a lot more in the future as he continues his career with some of the richest NBA teams in the nation.
Favorite Spencer Dinwiddie Quotes
Spencer Dinwiddie has learned a lot as a professional NBA player, and it has given him valuable insight into how successful people get and stay ahead.
He has quickly become one of the sport’s most dedicated and confident players, who is willing to give 100% during every game he plays.
Here are our favorite quotes from Spencer Dinwiddie:
- “You have to know yourself so well and be able to put it on whatever display you want to put it on and be confident in that and be fine with it.” – Spencer Dinwiddie
- “The most powerful thing billionaires have isn’t their voice. It’s earth-shattering, continent-moving, war-starting amounts of money.” – Spencer Dinwiddie
- “The NBA is a job. Just like any other job complaining about opportunity doesn’t solve anything.” – Spencer Dinwiddie
- “I think there’s a difference between internal confidence and situational confidence and understanding.” – Spencer Dinwiddie
- “If I can reach a half-million people with the click of a button, that’s more powerful than finding half of a million people to give a dollar to.” – Spencer Dinwiddie
3 Amazing Lessons From Spencer Dinwiddie
There is a lot that we can learn from Spencer Dinwiddie and his career as a point guard and shooting guard in the NBA.
Now that you know all about Spencer Dinwiddie’s net worth, we can take a closer look at what he can teach us about reaching our own goals.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Spencer Dinwiddie:
1. Learn Your Strengths
Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, which can help or hinder their progress toward success.
You will have to determine what your strongest skills are and which you need help with so that you can plan for the future accordingly.
2. Build Your Confidence
If you want to become successful, you’re going to have to build your confidence so that you can stand out from the competition around you.
Confidence isn’t something that comes naturally to everyone, so you may have to work consistently to build yourself up. However, it can be vital if you want to make an impact.
3. Give It Your All
You’ll never be able to achieve your goals if you’re not willing to give 100% toward them consistently.
This doesn’t mean that you have to dedicate all of your time to pursuing your goals, but when working towards them, you should never give less than your best.
Spencer Dinwiddie has quickly become one of the best shooting guards in the NBA, and he has worked hard to achieve the success he is enjoying now.
Although he has been playing since 2014, he has no plans to leave the court any time soon, meaning we can expect to see much more from him in the future.
Make sure to check back often so that you won’t miss any updates on Dinwiddie’s ongoing career and growing fortune.
As of January 2023, Spencer Dinwiddie’s net worth is estimated to be $12 Million.