Which are your favorite Derrick Rose quotes?
Derrick Rose is an American professional basketball player.
He is best known for playing in the biggest American basketball league, the ‘National Basketball Association (NBA),’ for the team ‘New York Knicks’ as their point guard.
Rose was successfully named the ‘NBA Rookie of the Year’ and became the youngest player to ever receive the NBA Most Valuable Player Award.
He played for the University of Memphis Tigers under the U.S. renowned coach ‘John Calipari‘.
During his time playing for Memphis, Rose was highly valued for his defense.
He then went on to the 2008 NBA draft, which marked the start of his professional basketball career when he got selected by the ‘Chicago Bulls.’
Here’s our collection of the best Derrick Rose quotes:
44 Derrick Rose Quotes About Basketball & Success
1. “I just don’t want to get caught up in the hype.” – Derrick Rose
2. “I want to thank my mom, Brenda Rose. My heart, the reason I play the way I play, just everything. Just knowing the days I don’t feel right, going to practice, having a hard time, I think about her when she had to wake me up, go to work and make sure I was all right. Those were hard days.” – Derrick Rose
3. “The way I dress, I dress totally different than I did when I was in college. I have to – try to – look professional. You change a lot when you are in the NBA, but I know where I came from.” – Derrick Rose
4. “My biggest thing is to improve my all-around game. If you don’t win, something’s wrong. Winning takes care of everything, so our biggest thing is winning.” – Derrick Rose
5. “I won’t ever put myself in a bad position so that people can say bad things about me. I make smart decisions, and my friends and my family, they are all there for the right reason.” – Derrick Rose
6. “In my era, where I’m from, I only had Donald Whiteside. He’s from Englewood and he’s the only one that came out of Englewood. Other than him, I really didn’t have anyone else to look up to that was from my area. So in seeing him, I never gave up hope, just kept playing and then I realized that I might have a future in basketball.” – Derrick Rose
7. “I wanna be great. I’m going to be great. There’s no doubt about it.” – Derrick Rose
8. “I always want my shoes real clean. The front of my shoe is really like my personality, where off the court I’m kind of calm and kind of shy a little bit – low key. In the back, it’s kind of crazy, just like me on the court. I love how both of my personalities are involved into the shoe.” – Derrick Rose
9. “It is very important to me to maintain a consistent workout regimen during the season. The Bulls staff does a great job with providing me with a weekly workout, and these kept me energized throughout my rookie season. In the offseason, I try to increase my strength and add new dimensions to my game.” – Derrick Rose
10th of 44 Derrick Rose Quotes
10. “I try my hardest to do what I have to do to make my team win.” – Derrick Rose
11. “People think that I’m mean because I’m quiet, and I don’t really go out places or because I don’t really say too much. On the other hand, people think that I’m soft because I may not handle myself the way other people handle themselves. That’s just not me. They don’t know my background or none of that stuff.” – Derrick Rose
12. “If I just do everything the opposite of what my dad did, I think that will make things pretty easy. I can joke about it now because I’m past that stage where it used to hurt. By having a kid, it’s gone. I could take all that negative energy that I had and put it in a positive way.” – Derrick Rose
13. “I still have goals. Seeing those doubters out there, it’s gonna be funny seeing them eat their words.” – Derrick Rose
14. “All physical activity begins with the body’s core. I maintain the strength in my core so that I can jump, run, start, stop, and accelerate at the highest levels.” – Derrick Rose
15. “I have a lot of confidence in my shot and I’m willing to shoot it no matter what.” – Derrick Rose
16. “On Halloween, don’t you know back when you were little, your mom tells you don’t eat any candy until she checks it? I used to be so tempted to eat my candy on the way to other people’s houses. That used to be such a tease.” – Derrick Rose
17. “McDonald’s is over with. But chips and candy and stuff, it’s going to be hard to get away from that.” – Derrick Rose
18. “I couldn’t worry about anyone else but myself and my health.” – Derrick Rose
19. “I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. (I’m) just learning and being smart.” – Derrick Rose
20th of 44 Derrick Rose Quotes
20. “I think a lot of people don’t understand that when I sit out it’s not because of this year. I’m thinking about long term. I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball.” – Derrick Rose
21. “I will say, just being here, God is good, man…” – Derrick Rose
22. “My mom is real passionate and a family-first woman. She always told me that just because I can shoot a basketball better than someone else, I shouldn’t think that I’m better than them. I know if I change, my friends and family would lay me down. She just wants to see her kids do right.” – Derrick Rose
23. “Being healthy is a complete lifestyle for me. It allows my brain to function at a very high degree so I can comprehend all the new things that are thrown at me. It also allows me to sleep well so that I am rested when I need to perform. Finally, being healthy will hopefully allow me to live a long and fun-filled life.” – Derrick Rose
24. “It’s tough growing up where I grew up. My family is very small and really tight. Just being around the neighborhood, my brothers were always around. I didn’t want to be in any trouble because I knew my mom or brothers would find out. I didn’t want to hurt their feelings. I just tried to do everything right.” – Derrick Rose
25. “I love playing basketball because you could be having a rough day in your life, and while you’re on the court it gives you a clear mind. I’m not worried about anything. I’m there just playing freely and I go out there all and I have fun.” – Derrick Rose
26. “The way I look at it within myself, why not? Why can’t I be the MVP of the League? Why can’t I be the best player in the League? I don’t see why-why-why can’t I do that? I think I work hard, I think I dedicate myself to the game and sacrifice a lot of things at a young age and I know if I continue to do good, what I can get out of it and if that’s me going out or doing whatever, I’m willing to do it because I know in the long run, it’s going to help me.” – Derrick Rose
27. “My whole life has been nothing but trying to find a way to take care of my mom and take care of my family as quickly as possible.” – Derrick Rose
28. “My thing is just staying positive. Find that thing you love doing and dedicate yourself to it. You’re going to have to sacrifice a lot of things if you want to achieve the goals you want to achieve.” – Derrick Rose
29. “I believe that I’m a special player. I think people love the way I just try to play. I don’t try to impress anyone when I’m playing or anything. I just have a feel for the game.” – Derrick Rose
30th of 44 Derrick Rose Quotes
30. “You’ve got one job, and that is to get better.” – Derrick Rose
31. “Why can’t I be MVP of the league? Why can’t I be the best player in the league?” – Derrick Rose
32. “As long as I have my faith in God, I’m good. I know everything else is going to come.” – Derrick Rose
33. “I think I work hard. I think I dedicate myself to the game and sacrifice a lot of things at a young age, and I know if I continue to do good, what I can get out of it.” – Derrick Rose
34. “My days shouldn’t be hard because I’m doing what I’m doing and that’s playing basketball.” – Derrick Rose
35. “Hard work isn’t enough. You got to believe” – Derrick Rose
36. “Everybody’s got their poison, and mine is sugar.” – Derrick Rose
37. “I can’t wait to shock the doubters and prove I’m better and stronger than I was before.” – Derrick Rose
38. “When I was younger, I just thought about playing in the NBA.” – Derrick Rose
39. “The hard part that I had to go through in life, period, is living in poverty and not being able to get what I want.” – Derrick Rose
40th of 44 Derrick Rose Quotes
40. “I love eating it – grilled chicken, pasta, rice, and other foods that give me long term energy. Every once in a while, my sweet tooth gets the best of me and I have to snack on some candy. Beverage wise, I stick to sports drinks, water, milk, and juice.” – Derrick Rose
41. “Playing all of these games, getting to know everything about the NBA, you realize that you are your own business. You have business meetings to go to, signings to go to. Like, I’m only 20, but the stuff I’m doing the average 20-year-old isn’t doing.” – Derrick Rose
42. “All the days that you wake up you have one job and that’s to get better every single day.” – Derrick Rose
43. “Don’t get me wrong. I don’t take anything for granted. But it seems like the better I play, the more attention I get. And I can’t get away from it. You play great, you get attention. But I hate attention. It is weird. I’m in a bind. The more you win, the more they come.” – Derrick Rose
44. “If I’m not trying my best, I might as well retire.” – Derrick Rose
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Derrick Rose! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.