30 Ed Sheeran Quotes About Happiness & Being Yourself
To be honest I’m not sure why it took us so long to put together a collection of the best Ed Sheeran quotes…
Ed Sheeran actually went to my high school, and he’s one of the most famous people to come from the Suffolk countryside where I grew up.
That’s probably a big inspiration for a lot of people, especially myself, proving that where you grew up does not affect your chances of success.
A lot of people think that because we’re from the small countryside that we won’t have a lot of opportunity like some people, but that’s not true.
I’ll often see him in the local pub when he’s back, and the first time I actually saw him perform was in a school assembly when he was maybe 15 or 16 years old.
What did he sing?
The one and only A-team.
At least I think it was. Seems like a long time ago now, and back then the speakers didn’t really fill the room.
Here is a collection of the best Ed Sheeran quotes:
30 Best Ed Sheeran Quotes
1. “If someone tells you to change yourself, tell them to go f*** themselves.” – Ed Sheeran
2. “I can’t tell you the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.” – Ed Sheeran
3. “The worst things in life come free to us.” – Ed Sheeran
4. “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” – Ed Sheeran
5. “Negativity isn’t the way to go. Smile more, eat some chocolate.” – Ed Sheeran
6. “You want to make sure that someone is there for you when you really need them, and not just there for you for the good times.” – Ed Sheeran
7. “Be nice to everyone, always smile and appreciate things because it could all be gone tomorrow.” – Ed Sheeran
8. “I’m gonna pick up the pieces and build a Lego house. If things go wrong we can knock it down.” – Ed Sheeran
9. “Success is the best revenge for everything.” – Ed Sheeran
10th of 30 Ed Sheeran Quotes
10. “They say I’m ‘up and coming’ like I’m f****** in an elevator.” – Ed Sheeran
11. “Do what you love, work as hard as you can, and make people happy.” – Ed Sheeran
12. “When the world’s against me is when I really come alive.” – Ed Sheeran
13. “I am happy on my own so here I’ll stay. Save your loving arms for a rainy day.” – Ed Sheeran
14. “I chased the picture perfect life, I think they painted it wrong.” – Ed Sheeran
15. “The club isn’t the best place to find a lover so the bar is where I go.” – Ed Sheeran
16. “You know I want your love. Your love was handmade for somebody like me.” – Ed Sheeran
17. “The world may be filled with hate, but keep erasing it now, somehow.” – Ed Sheeran
18. “Me and my friends at the table doing shots, drinking fast and then we talk slow.” – Ed Sheeran
19. “You know we are made up of love and hate but both of them are balanced on a razor blade.” – Ed Sheeran
20th of 30 Ed Sheeran Quotes
20. “I feel safe when you’re holding me near. Love the way that you conquer your fear. You know hearts don’t break around here.” – Ed Sheeran
21. “Just remember life is more than fittin’ in your jeans. It’s love and understanding, positivity.” – Ed Sheeran
22. “Every night I’ll kiss you you’ll say in my ear, Oh we’re in love aren’t we?” – Ed Sheeran
23. “Love can change the world in a moment.” – Ed Sheeran
24. “How would you feel, if I told you I loved you? It’s just something that I want to do.” – Ed Sheeran
25. “I’ll be taking my time, spending my life falling deeper in love with you so tell me that you love me too.” – Ed Sheeran
26. “Someone told me, ‘Always say what’s on your mind’ And I am only being honest with you, I get lonely and make mistakes from time to time.” – Ed Sheeran
27. “A heart that’s broke is a heart that’s been loved.” – Ed Sheeran
28. “We’ll get up on the dance floor tonight, I’ve got two left feet and a bottle of red wine.” – Ed Sheeran
29. “Love flows deeper than the river every moment that I spend with you.” – Ed Sheeran
30. “And tomorrow’s a brand new day…” – Ed Sheeran
Thanks for viewing this collection of the best Ed Sheeran quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media.
Which are your favorite Ed Sheeran quotes? Leave a comment below.
50 Inspirational & Famous Pusha T Quotes
Which are your favorite Pusha T quotes?
Pusha T is an American rapper, songwriter, and record executive. He first gained major recognition as half of hip hop duo ‘Clipse’, alongside his brother and fellow rapper ‘No Malice’. He is the co-founder and co-chief executive officer of ‘Re-Up Records’.
He announced he was signing with Kanye West‘s ‘G.O.O.D.’ Music label in 2010. In March 2011 he released his first solo project, a mixtape titled ‘Fear of God’.
His official debut album ‘My Name Is My Name’ featuring guest appearances from Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Future, Pharrell Williams, Chris Brown, and Kendrick Lamar, among others.
Here’s a collection of the most inspirational Pusha T quotes:
50 Inspirational & Famous Pusha T Quotes
1. “By now, you should know what you’re getting with Pusha T. I’ve been in this game since 2002, and my name says it all. You know I’m only moved by a certain style of rap. Not that many other styles move me. You have to really be a rapper’s rapper for me to like it.” – Pusha T
2. “I caught the U.S. Open a couple of times, but, man, I would love to catch Wimbledon and watch Nadal – he is the king of all kings.” – Pusha T
3. “I felt like when I got with Kanye, and we discussed me being on G.O.O.D. Music, he just really took me to a place in regards to music that I love and music that I had made previously. We had a clear understanding of what I wanted to make, and he just seemed like he was an advocate for hardcore, uncompromising hip-hop.” – Pusha T
4. “I make a timeless music. I think I’ve made my mark as a lyricist and as an innovator and as a tastemaker.” – Pusha T
5. “I think Adidas really understands that it’s cool to be in business with the right people. It really feels like a bunch of creative minds rather than some rap guys stamping their names on a sneaker. We’re arguing overshoes, ideas, and everything – it’s like a tug of war.” – Pusha T
6. “I’ve never been – I don’t think I’m, like, a great A&R by any means. I don’t even know production lingo, in all honesty.” – Pusha T
7th 0f 50 Pusha T Quotes
7. “My hip-hop fans are a little spoiled – they want a particular level of lyricism and energy that I’m known for. When they don’t get that, it takes a little time for them to open up to it. But electronic fans are as free as the music. On social media, they were so excited and loud; they’re in awe.” – Pusha T
8. “Oh, I’m up at 6:00 A.M. every morning because I have a lot to do. Plenty. I work out probably at, like, 8:00. I gotta eat at 6:00 so, therefore, I can workout at 8:00.” – Pusha T
9. “Some of the greatest hip-hop artists have incorporated elements from electronic shows into their setup. People are taking notice. It’s going to be a new wave.” – Pusha T
10. “When you make albums like I do, and it’s based off fanfare and based off touring – I make these albums, and I get on the road. It’s not really a radio-driven thing. I get on the road, and I see my fans, and I touch each and every last one of them.” – Pusha T
11. “Biggie is my favorite rapper, for sure. No other artist has impacted me that much.” – Pusha T
12. “I believe there’s a god above me, I’m just the god of everything else!” – Pusha T
13. “I feel like, as far as streetwear goes, man, Play Cloths sits at a top-tier of quality, and your idea of luxury should not stop where you feel like you’re at the obvious.” – Pusha T
14. “I just start my day really early. Everything happens in the morning time. Writing. Just everything. I can’t – I don’t know how to work late.” – Pusha T
15. “I think about nothing but business the whole time. Even when I go out to my after-parties, people are like, You’re drinking water?’ I’m like, ‘Yeah I am.” – Pusha T
16. “I’ve got my traveling, my packing, my after-show activities all down to a science. I used to not work out on tour; now I take a trainer with me. I do things to make sure that I can give the crowd my all, because that’s what I’m all about.” – Pusha T
17th 0f 50 Pusha T Quotes
17. “My fans like a certain quality and a certain level of music. Once I give it to them, they seem pretty happy.” – Pusha T
18. “My vision for G.O.O.D. Music is just carrying on with the tradition of putting out high-quality music, high-quality art. G.O.O.D. Music is entrenched in the culture of hip-hop. It’s entrenched in the culture, period.” – Pusha T
19. “Playing a room, it’s a real dictator-type situation – you can really move the crowd the way you want to. In a festival, there’s a sea of people, and it’s harder to lock in on any one group.” – Pusha T
20. “When we were growing up, I got kicked out of Timbaland’s house every day. He was the DJ for my brother’s rap group in junior high school. So I was 7, and while Tim’s DJ’ing and my brother’s rapping, I’d be upstairs dancing.” – Pusha T
21. “As a writer, you’re always trying to say the best thing. You’re always thinking about what’s the best thing to say, and what’s the hardest way to say it, and what’s the best line? Sometimes the best line is the simplest line. Sometimes the best line is the line that evokes more feeling than actual wordsmithing.” – Pusha T
22. “G.O.O.D. Music is on top because G.O.O.D. Music is the culture. When you think of, you know, just every aspect from music, influence, fashion, art level. If it’s not G.O.O.D Music, then it’s somebody who was influenced heavily by G.O.O.D. Music.” – Pusha T
23. “I feel like my lyrics are just dark and scathing. I feel like the lyrics on ‘Darkest Before Dawn’ are uncompromised hip-hop and really speaking to my core fan base. Basically what’s been known in my discography the entire time.” – Pusha T
24. “I just look at capitalizing on everything that I feel like G.O.O.D. Music brings to the music industry, our following, and the culture. First of all, we have incredible artists. It’s definitely about getting those albums out in a very manicured fashion.” – Pusha T
25. “I tell people that the Clipse were the first Internet rap darlings.” – Pusha T
26. “I’ve been going to Europe for some time on the festival circuit, and once you get in that element and see others reacting to it, it’s easier to understand. You get trapped in the wave. The beats are driving and super-aggressive – like, so hard. I was curious.” – Pusha T
27th 0f 50 Pusha T Quotes
27. “More than anything, Play Cloths has taken risks in regards to the pieces of clothing that we’re even creating. We started out as straight T-shirts. It was just T-shirts and a couple cool things. Now, it’s leisure pants, it’s all types of clothing. We’re evolving even with fashion trends on a super high level.” – Pusha T
28. “My style is forever changing.” – Pusha T
29. “Pharrell has definitely influenced my style in regards to streetwear. Simply because we’re from that era that Nigo and A Bathing Ape started. That’s where it all started at for us.” – Pusha T
30. “Virginia Beach is just such a melting pot for so many different things, and they just have so many influences. I would always say that the area definitely influences Play Cloths. The area itself just has so many influences, whether it be fashion, music, everything.” – Pusha T
31. “Allen Iverson is, like, my all-time hero.” – Pusha T
32. “Even with social media and where we are…everything is about the look.” – Pusha T
33. “I feel like I’m the last rap superhero. I really do. I feel like everybody else, they seem to be a bit victimized, and I don’t feel like that’s me.” – Pusha T
34. “I had a really successful 2013, ’14, ’15. Touring, just doing my thing. Super – I mean, can’t complain about nothing. And my road manager got killed. And it ruined everything. Now, I tell people – I don’t know if this is a word. But I tell people that that re-sensitized me.” – Pusha T
35. “I see people doing things in their Blackberrys, and I need paper. Lines. Alphabets. I need to see it. It’s so elementary, man.” – Pusha T
36. “I’ve always had some level of having to be independent outside of music because the music wasn’t a smooth ride. We lost a lot in the mix: Everybody that I came in the music game with – friends I brought in with me – are all doing 10-34 years in jail. That’s why if you want to get the real, you gotta get it from me.” – Pusha T
37th 0f 50 Pusha T Quotes
37. “Me tweeting sometimes, it’s like, I don’t even remember what I say. It’s just coming off how it’s coming off.” – Pusha T
38. “My music is airy; it’s spacious. It requires you to be able to rap and articulate your message over it. That’s what the beat demands of you. Not a lot of people try to rap over my beats because it’s a bit of a task.” – Pusha T
39. “People don’t understand how long it really takes to find beats. Sometimes they’re not all the way there, but it’s elements in them I love. Then I get to take them to get chopped up. Ye got to cook over a few of them.” – Pusha T
40. “The Re-Up Gang mixtapes are going down in history, man. I still listen to them in my car, and the ‘Hell Hath No Fury’ album. I tell people all the time that I’ll never make another album like that one again. Never!” – Pusha T
41. “A good villain exudes charisma and power. He has principles, though; that just gives him a level of dimension. It makes him seem to be a bit unpredictable, because he’s usually deemed as some type of evil, ruthless person, and then he shows you his principles, and you don’t know what to think of it.” – Pusha T
42. “Darkest Before Dawn,’ the short film, is basically the film of a man who faces the darkness when his back is against the wall and just about how miracles come in all forms, and even in your darkest times, it comes.” – Pusha T
43. “I don’t even know how to think about running out of things to talk about. Certain things are inescapable to me. I’m connected by the hip with so many things in the streets.” – Pusha T
44. “I got two stores, two streetwear stores, at home. Have to tend to those. Play Cloths. Have to tend to that business.” – Pusha T
45. “I never understood why movies don’t have to be as responsible, or the responsibility stops with Rated R. I feel like music, you gotta – you put the sticker on it, you make the clean version, then you’re explaining yourself, and then you have to do charities to offset what you just said. No one else has to do this!” – Pusha T
46. “I try to do records sometimes that have a different bounce – maybe it’s a Southern bounce or something.” – Pusha T
47th 0f 50 Pusha T Quotes
47. “In God we trust, the game is all us. Til the sky calls or its flames on us.” – Pusha T
48. “My mood board says that there should be a G.O.O.D. Music festival. Why not? Like, we haven’t – I don’t think – and I think all of the G.O.O.D. Music artists and affiliates are doing so many different things that we never get to Voltron up. So that would be a thing of mine.” – Pusha T
49. “Pain is joy when it cries, it’s my smile in disguise.” – Pusha T
50. “The crafting of lyrics is really a task, and when it comes to street culture, I don’t feel like anyone else articulates it better than me.” – Pusha T
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Pusha T! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Pusha T quotes? Leave a comment below.
50 Highly Motivational Guy Sebastian Quotes
Which are your favorite Guy Sebastian quotes?
Guy Sebastian is an Australian singer and songwriter. He first rose to fame after winning the first season of Australian Idol in 2003. He later became the judge on Australia’s The X Factor in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, and 2016. He also participates in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, finishing in 5th place.
Sebastian’s song Battle Scars’ went 11 times platinum. He has featured with A-list artists, such as ‘Lupe Fiasco‘, ‘Robin Thicke’, ‘Jordin Sparks’, and ‘Eve’. He is considered to be one of the most successful Australian male artists. Currently, he is a coach on The Voice Australia.
Here’s a collection of the most motivational Guy Sebastian quotes:
50 Highly Motivational Guy Sebastian Quotes
1. “The Sebastian Foundation came about quite organically, and I always wanted to have something official where we could make an impact.” – Guy Sebastian
2. “I wanted to write something that would celebrate his life, and I hope he digs it.” – Guy Sebastian
3. “When I write I start off mainly on piano, and sometimes on guitar, so I kinda knew it was going to be a piano-driven album.” – Guy Sebastian
4. “There’s always room for songs which help us deal with loss. I’m glad I wrote one which is joyous but still has a heartbeat.” – Guy Sebastian
5. “Delta [Goodrem] is someone I’ve been close to since we were young and starting out in this industry. We have gone through many highs and lows in this industry together and she has been a huge support for me.” – Guy Sebastian
6. “I wrote this song “Choir” during quite a tough time in my life.” – Guy Sebastian
7. “I was never going to include on the album, but then I realized I loved growing up listening to old school RNB-Pop albums that had one sexy time song at the end of finish it off, so I thought bugger it, I’m going to put it on.” – Guy Sebastian
8. “I wanted to make a very honest album that was truly about the stuff I was going through at the time. ” – Guy Sebastian
9. “I LOVE it. The Voice Australia is such a positive show for the music industry. No one is made fun of, everyone is not only encouraged but also taught such valuable lessons about the industry and how to best showcase their art.” – Guy Sebastian
10th of 50 Guy Sebastian Quotes
10. “I teamed up with The Hamiltones who did background vocals on a bunch of tracks. Look them up – they are so sick!” – Guy Sebastian
11. “Jules’ brother lost his battle with his struggle with mental health and then a band member lost his life in a similar way.” – Guy Sebastian
12. “When we lose someone we love, the pain is really hard to process and cope with.” – Guy Sebastian
13. “We started the song in Sydney but it was really just the chorus vibe. We ended up finishing it in LA right after I found out about Luke.” – Guy Sebastian
14. “I am blown away by the kindness I have been shown. I can’t wait to give it back to you in the form of chords, melody, and heart.” – Guy Sebastian
15. “Don’t rush just to meet a timeline. I have done that before and seriously regretted it. Songs you write at the start of a project might be completely wrong by the time you find your groove.” – Guy Sebastian
16. “I got so used to churning out albums to meet deadlines and to coincide with TV shows I was doing, and I just realized that I don’t want to do that anymore. I think I’ve ended up with an album that is a snapshot in time for me. It’s reflective of all the highs and lows of the past three years. ” – Guy Sebastian
17. “It’s not really that difficult for dancers but for me it was tough! I’ve never been a “dancer” per se but I’ve always danced on stage in my own style!” – Guy Sebastian
18. “When I was growing up, we didn’t have that kind of thing. Kids are now just facing things that are reserved for adulthood, and so this foundation was gifted to us.” – Guy Sebastian
19. “James is seriously the most passionate director I’ve worked with. He works so hard and puts everything into making the right visual for a song. He also directed the video for “Before I Go”. He’s the best!” – Guy Sebastian
20th of 50 Guy Sebastian Quotes
20. “I just feel like I’m part of something which is really positive.” – Guy Sebastian
21. “I think the success of “Choir” just reminds me that we should love each other fiercely.” – Guy Sebastian
22. “There are certain trigger points for me that made me really emotional.” – Guy Sebastian
23. “I wanted to write something which was a joyful celebration of someone’s life which also serves as a reminder to not take one another for granted.” – Guy Sebastian
24. “I really got along well with Boy George, Kelly Rowland, and of course Delta [Goodrem] who has been a close friend for a very long time.” – Guy Sebastian
25. “Mark is seriously incredible. He was added to the team late in the stage to sprinkle his magical dust as he always does.” – Guy Sebastian
26. “I wasn’t really thinking – especially heading into the show – I just wasn’t thinking about it.” – Guy Sebastian
27. “My kids [Hudson and Archie] of course, I’m always so emotional about my kids.” – Guy Sebastian
28. “You know when you go to the theatre band think ‘Oh my God that show was insane, and then you think the next one isn’t as good? I put this pressure on myself because I don’t want anyone to feel that when they come to a tour.” – Guy Sebastian
29. “The blind auditions make it really different. I love that the industry is less image-focused these days. Weird looking people like me can have a career!” – Guy Sebastian
30th of 50 Guy Sebastian Quotes
30. “When we lose people we love, there are thousands of slow, sad-sounding songs we can listen to which make us even sadder.” – Guy Sebastian
31. “I desperately want every show to be better than the last.” – Guy Sebastian
32. “I’m the newbie and it’d be nice to get a win under my belt, that’s for sure.” – Guy Sebastian
33. “Everything else I’ve done, even the big gigs like Eurovision — and I’ve done some pretty big gigs as far as audience numbers go — but the only time I’ve ever really crapped myself is the first show.” – Guy Sebastian
34. “There were some anomalies that stuck around for a while, but only one made it on the record and that is the final track ‘Fantasize’. It’s very urban and more electronica in its approach to production.” – Guy Sebastian
35. “I can’t deal with what has happened in my life – it still baffles me. I grew up in a small city and I didn’t really dream big, to be honest.” – Guy Sebastian
36. “Whenever I start a new project I try not to limit myself. I try to have a bit of a vision but I sometimes get in my own way, so I decided early on to not rush it.” – Guy Sebastian
37. “Albums are moments in time and of course if you look back on older work you would choose a different snare or write a different lyric. That’s the beauty of albums! We grow!” – Guy Sebastian
38. “I needed a song that reminded me to not listen to the voices that are trying to tear me apart and make me feel worthless. “Before I Go” is kind of my anthem which reminds me that I am on this earth to make music which moves people and brings light.” – Guy Sebastian
39. “I have collaborated with him (M-Phazes) on many occasions and he just knows what a song needs to make it sound layered, interesting, and finished. His beats always cut through in a mix.” – Guy Sebastian
40th of 50 Guy Sebastian Quotes
40. “We don’t want to just put a band-aid on the issue. We’re now getting into schools and wanting to help children with their mental health.” – Guy Sebastian
41. “Trevor and Zaire are a songwriting/production duo called The Orphanage and they are total legends! Zaire is a beast beatmaker and producer and Trevor is a really talented writer and instrumentalist.” – Guy Sebastian
42. “To think that I would ever think that I deserved to meet Oprah or perform to huge audiences, I think that’s the moment that it’s all done for me.” – Guy Sebastian
43. “It was tough for me to watch because it’s like watching your life flash before your eyes.” – Guy Sebastian
44. “That was mind-blowing, I just wasn’t expecting it, and my headspace was in hosting duties.” – Guy Sebastian
45. “I hate the term give back, but I’m constantly exposed to people who go through so much in life, and just in my fan base, the plethora of things that people face from domestic violence, depression sickness… and now we’re geared towards mental health, which is more in our sphere really.” – Guy Sebastian
46. “I was never that kid that grew up dreaming to be famous. It didn’t seem like a viable option — I grew up in suburban Adelaide! I was an immigrant, and a weird-looking chubby kid with an afro, and it’s not something I ever thought would be possible.” – Guy Sebastian
47. “My two favorite things are programming great drums that might involve some electronic sounds but largely more of a rich and organic approach, and then playing piano and programming strings to go with it.” – Guy Sebastian
48. “There was so much life to talk about in this documentary, and it was such a pleasure to watch it.” – Guy Sebastian
49. “2020 has been a weird year for everyone, so that’s a given, but you know I had a period of time of pure extremes, where there was nothing really down the middle.” – Guy Sebastian
50. “I reckon it’s the most enjoyable thing I’ve ever done in my life on TV, just because it was really nurturing.” – Guy Sebastian
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Guy Sebastian! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Guy Sebastian quotes? Leave a comment below.
50 Iconic Frank Miller Quotes
Which are your favorite Frank Miller quotes?
Frank Miller is an American comic book artist, writer, and film director. He is popularly known for his comic book stories and graphic novels such as ‘Daredevil: Born Again’, ‘The Dark Knight Returns’, ‘Sin City’, and ‘300’. He has received the Will Eisner Award Hall of Fame.
Miller directed the film version of ‘The Spirit’. He also produced ‘Sin City and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’ alongside Robert Rodriguez.
Here’s a collection of the most iconic Frank Miller quotes:
50 Iconic Frank Miller Quotes
1. “The world doesn’t make sense until you force it to.” – Frank Miller
2. “What’s happened with computer technology is perfectly timed for someone with my set of skills. I tell stories with pictures. What I love about CGI is that if I can think it, it can be put on the screen.” – Frank Miller
3. “When you think of what Americans accomplished, building these amazing cities and all the good it’s done in the world, it’s kind of disheartening to hear so much hatred of America, not just from abroad, but internally.” – Frank Miller
4. “Comic-book pages are vertical, and movie screens are relentlessly horizontal. But it’s all the same form. We use different tools, but we get the job done. I’m completely in love with CGI. It’s great for conveying a cartoonist’s sense of reality.” – Frank Miller
5. “I take his weapons away from him. Both of them.” – Frank Miller
6. “I don’t own an ounce of the work I’ve ever done on ‘Batman,’ and I still work on ‘Batman.’ I love the character, I think it’s a lot of fun, and it’s kind of fun to be in that ballpark every once in a while, where you’re seeing a different crowd.” – Frank Miller
7. “Hello, I’m Shellie’s new boyfriend and I’m out of my mind. If you so much as talk to her or even think her name, I’ll cut you in ways that’ll make you useless to a woman.” – Frank Miller
8. “The Dark Knight series is all from Batman’s point of view. But if you look at Dark Knight 2, you’ll see a Superman who’s much calmer than the one in the first Dark Knight. Batman and Superman are dead opposites. I love Superman. Do I love Batman more? They’re not people. They’re only lines on paper.” – Frank Miller
9. “Deadly little Miho. She won’t let you feel a thing unless she wants you to. She twists the blade. He feels it.” – Frank Miller
10th of 50 Frank Miller Quotes
10. “A gun is a liar’s weapon” – Frank Miller
11. “I grew up on the crime stuff. Spillane, Chandler, Jim Thompson, and noir movies like Fuller, Orson Welles, Fritz Lang. When I first showed up in New York to write comics back in the late 1970s, I came with a bunch of crime stories but everybody just wanted men in tights.” – Frank Miller
12. “Hollywood is a town; it’s not a medium. And cinema is a medium you can practice anywhere.” – Frank Miller
13. “A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.” – Frank Miller
14. “I prefer to write and draw in the privacy of my home and with total freedom and then take it to the lion’s den.” – Frank Miller
15. “In the world of comic books, “troublemaker” means someone who has some sense of dignity.” – Frank Miller
16. “I’ll make it. I won’t die. I’ve got too much I have to do to let myself die.” – Frank Miller
17. “I was always into noir. When I lived in Vermont I was drawing stuff that looked like an amateur doing Sin City. When I first got to New York I was swiftly informed that they only did guys in tights.” – Frank Miller
18. “I’m a comic book artist. So I think to myself, what do I like to draw? I like to draw hot chicks, fast cars, and cool guys in trench coats. So that’s what I write about.” – Frank Miller
19. “Comics are so full of amazing work. And I can’t look at a drawing of a woman without thinking of, for instance, Wallace Wood and his amazing way of capturing beauty.” – Frank Miller
20th of 50 Frank Miller Quotes
20. “It’s one thing to be sitting at a drawing board, alone in your home and coming up with a fantasy character, and drawing her whichever way you feel like drawing, then dealing with a real performer. All of a sudden, things change. It’s amazing, in working with actors, how much I learn from them and how many new lines will come to mind because of their personality or their strengths.” – Frank Miller
21. “Nancy’s got a guardian angel. Seven feet plus of muscle and mayhem that goes by the name of Marv.” – Frank Miller
22. “I find that if somebody is writing and drawing a comic book, planning it to be a movie and a game at the same time tends to lead to a pretty lame job.” – Frank Miller
23. “I don’t do a comic book thinking there is a movie. I just want it to be as good a comic book as it can be.” – Frank Miller
24. “People are attempting to bring a superficial reality to superheroes which is rather stupid. They work best as the flamboyant fantasies they are. I mean, these are characters that are broad and big. I don’t need to see sweat patches under Superman’s arms. I want to see him fly.” – Frank Miller
25. “In a way, Sin City’s designed to be paced somewhere between an American comic book and Japanese manga. Working in black and white, I realized that the eye is less patient, and you have to make your point, and sometimes repeat it. Slowing things down is harder in black and white because there isn’t as much for the eye to enjoy.” – Frank Miller
26. “I check the list. Rubber tubing, gas, saw, gloves, cuffs, razor wire, hatchet, Gladys, and my mitts.” – Frank Miller
27. “This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle – broken, spent, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would … … but I’m a man of thirty – of twenty again. The rain on my chest is a baptism – I’m born again .” – Frank Miller
28. “I always knew it would come down to you and the big blue schoolboy. Planet’s too big for the BOTH of you. When it all comes down, I want a piece of him. A small piece, will do? For OLD TIMES, sake, you know…it still hurts when it’s cold.” – Frank Miller
29. “It is more raw and unfettered and I’m more likely going into something you could call extreme cartooning. There’s a lot of that in the course of ‘Holy Terror.’ There are interludes where there are pictures – cartoon pictures – of modern figures and they are all wordless. It’s up to readers to put the words in.” – Frank Miller
30th of 50 Frank Miller Quotes
30. “When you got a condition, it’s bad to forget your medicine.” – Frank Miller
31. “She doesn’t quite chop his head off. She makes a Pez dispenser out of him.” – Frank Miller
32. “And I was going to be damned if I was older than Batman.” – Frank Miller
33. “The larger-than-life thing is definitely what I’m after. I’ve always drawn dark stories. Occasionally, I’ll try a perfect hero, but it’s a real stretch for me. I like ’em warts and all, and obsessive and weird.” – Frank Miller
34. “When I’m writing a comic book, I’m thinking about a character that I’m going to be drawing on the page. I’ve never drawn a character to look like who I want to cast in a movie because I don’t think that way. I’m a real monomaniac. I do one thing at a time.” – Frank Miller
35. “I’m not going to complain about the fact that people are paying attention to my work. I suppose that wouldn’t be fair.” – Frank Miller
36. “We live in the shadow of crime with the unspoken understanding that we are victims.. of fear, of violence, of social impotence. A man has risen to show us that the power is, and always has been, in our hands. We are under siege. He’s showing us that we can resist.” – Frank Miller
37. “I moved to New York and was told, “Go back home. We don’t need you. Go pump gas. You’re from Vermont. We’ve got no use for you. You’re not drawing guys in tights.” So, I learned how to draw guys in tights, and I put them in as many crime situations as I could.” – Frank Miller
38. “The American conscience died with the Kennedys.” – Frank Miller
39. “Gotham City. Clean shafts of concrete and snowy rooftops. The work of men who died generations ago. From here, it looks like an achievement. From here, you can’t see the enemy.” – Frank Miller
40th of 50 Frank Miller Quotes
40. “But I’m not trying to convince anybody how to vote or how to live. Nobody’s ever successfully accused me of being realistic.” – Frank Miller
41. “Comic book’ has come to mean a specific genre, not a story form, in people’s minds. So someone will call ‘Die Hard’ a ‘comic-book movie,’ when it has nothing to do with comic books. I’d rather have comics be the vehicle by which stories are told.” – Frank Miller
42. “It’s not movies and it’s not “fine art.” The beauty of a comic is that it’s clear, direct communication. My work is getting simpler and more cartoony because I’m much more interested in communication now than in any illustrative value.” – Frank Miller
43. “My Sin City heroes are knights in dirty, blood-caked armor. They bring justice to a world that gives them no medals, no praise, no reward. That world, that city, often kills them for their brave service.” – Frank Miller
44. “I realized that I was about to turn 30, and Batman was permanently 29. And I was going to be damned if I was older than Batman.” – Frank Miller
45. “I think most things I read on the Internet and in newspapers are propaganda. Everyone from the New York Times to Rupert Murdoch has a point of view and is putting forth their own propaganda. They’re stuck with the facts as they are, but the way they interpret and frame them is wildly different.” – Frank Miller
46. “I’m a spoilt brat. I thought I was just going to walk in and make movies. But I’d been my own boss for so long that all of a sudden to be facing a roomful of people who were niggling over every little scene… I just thought I’d go back and draw my comics and have a happy life.” – Frank Miller
47. “Mighty cultures never – are almost never conquered. They crumble from within. And frankly, I think that a lot of Americans are acting like spoiled brats because everything isn’t working out perfectly every time.” – Frank Miller
48. “The day you write to please everyone you no longer are in journalism. You are in show business.” – Frank Miller
49. “Think of me as the weathered sheriff coming back into Dodge ’cause the youngsters are shooting up the church and scaring the horses and not doing right by the women.” – Frank Miller
50. “I can tell you squat about Islamism. But I know a lot about Al Quaeda, and they need to burn in hell.” – Frank Miller
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Frank Miller! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Frank Miller quotes? Leave a comment below.
Ray Allen Net Worth
Former professional basketball player Ray Allen earned millions during his 18 seasons with the NBA as one of the greatest...
Cory Joseph Net Worth
As the point guard for the Detroit Pistons, Cory Joseph has earned a significant net worth as one of the...
Tommy Lee Jones Net Worth
Follow Tommy Lee Jones' rise to stardom from Texas cowboy to Hollywood star.
B.o.B Net Worth
B.o.B. has created a million-dollar income in his short career, becoming wealthy through his musical ability and engaging live performances.
Alexander Gustafsson Net Worth
Alexander Gustafsson is among the greatest mixed martial artists to come from Sweden, as well as one of the greatest...
42 Dugg Net Worth
Best known for his singles "We Paid" and "Grace," 42 Dugg has become one of the biggest up-and-coming rappers in...
Adin Ross Net Worth
Adin Ross streamed himself to millionaire status by giving his audience a view into his entertaining and exciting life becoming...
The Kid Laroi Net Worth
The Kid Laroi overcame a difficult childhood to become Australia’s most successful rapper and is set to become even wealthier...
Too Short Net Worth
Too Short’s rap career has earned him millions as an artist and producer.
Warren G Net Worth
You can't tell the story of 1990s hip hop without Warren G, who helped to revolutionize west coast rap and...
Richest People2 months ago
The 30 Richest People in the World
Richest People2 months ago
The 30 Richest Rappers in the World
Richest People2 months ago
The 50 Richest Actors in the World
Richest People2 months ago
The 30 Richest Singers in the World
Richest People2 months ago
The 30 Richest Athletes in the World
Entrepreneurs2 months ago
Jeff Bezos Net Worth
Richest People2 months ago
The 30 Richest DJ’s in the World
Top Lists2 months ago
The 10 Most Inspirational Short Stories I’ve Heard