Which are your favorite Colin Hanks quotes?
Colin Hanks is an American actor, producer, and director.
Following in the footsteps of his father, ‘Tom Hanks’, he set out to achieve many successes in the film industry as well. His debut started in ‘That Thing You Do!’ which was written and directed by his father.
Hanks is well-known for his roles in more than 50 worldwide-recognized movies and TV series, such as ‘Orange County’, ‘King Kong’, ‘The House Bunny’, ‘Jumanji’, and ‘Dexter’ to name a few. Throughout his career, he has successfully nominated and won several awards including the Soaring Star Awards and the Spike Video Games Awards.
Here’s a collection of the best Colin Hanks quotes:
43 Incredible Colin Hanks Quotes
1. “I don’t want to just do something because it’s expected of me. I think that’s a horrible way to go about your life.” – Colin Hanks
2. “I didn’t want to come up with some generic Johnny Bravo type name. I’m not that cool, so I might as well stick with my birth name.” – Colin Hanks
3. “I don’t need to know how they make Coca-Cola. I think it tastes just fine not knowing what the ingredients are. I think there are some things that should be kept secret.” – Colin Hanks
4. “I knew that I needed to do something that I desperately loved.” – Colin Hanks
5. “I’ve been doing this for so long now that there’s no real advice aside from what he told me very early on, which is show up on time, have your lines memorized and prepare to work.” – Colin Hanks
6. “I like to look at scenarios and see how people interact with each other. That’s why I’m an actor because I try to recreate that. Since our daughter joined us the spectrum has widened.” – Colin Hanks
7. “To be quite honest, I’m not religious.” – Colin Hanks
8. “No matter where you are in your life, whatever set of people you’re with, it all still breaks down like high school does. You have your social cliques, you have the people you get along with, the people you don’t and the people you’re ambivalent about. All of the dynamics are still here.” – Colin Hanks
9. “When I was younger it was – you know, my dad dressed up in drag on ‘Bosom Buddies.’ And that was what I was having to deal with at the time. And then around the time that I was into college was when he became statue-worthy I guess you could say.” – Colin Hanks
10th 0f 43 Colin Hanks Quotes
10. “I’m the quiet bass player.” – Colin Hanks
11. “I think Robitussin is way underrated.” – Colin Hanks
12. “My dad has always been extremely supportive in every decision I’ve made and much more interested in me picking what I wanted to do.” – Colin Hanks
13. “Don’t have a Plan B, because if you have a Plan B, then Plan A is probably going to fall apart.” – Colin Hanks
14. “I’ve been able to find just as much interesting, exciting music through the Internet and iTunes… The personal interaction is not the same, and I’m not walking out of a store with a physical thing, so there’s definitely an element that is lost, for sure.” – Colin Hanks
15. “Normally, what I do for fun is just nothing. I try to just relax. Normally, it involves just relaxing and reading and maybe going out and meeting up with a friend. I live a very simple existence. I would much rather just sit around and listen to a couple of records and read the paper.” – Colin Hanks
16. “You can’t knock somebody for how they got into the business. I’m sure I’m gonna look back at ‘Roswell’ and some of my first movies and I’m gonna cringe.” – Colin Hanks
17. “The thing that I love the most about the show is this idea that each familial unit has their own way of looking at things, and when you bring the whole family together, all hell breaks loose in some way.” – Colin Hanks
18. “Lucky’ is for laughs, and there’s really nothing funny that I’m doing on ‘Dexter.’ I think more than anything, both comment on the fact that anybody is capable of anything. Just because they are the shy guy in the corner doesn’t mean that they are a harmless little bunny.” – Colin Hanks
19. “I guess maybe someone at ‘Dexter’ saw the ‘Mad Men’ stuff and thought, He can do this.” – Colin Hanks
20th 0f 43 Colin Hanks Quotes
20. “I did plays in grade school.” – Colin Hanks
21. “At the end of the day, I sure as hell don’t want to do anything that’s not fun. I don’t want to go through motions.” – Colin Hanks
22. “Everyone in my industry, the movie industry, is looking at the music industry and going, ‘How do we avoid that collapse?’ And I don’t know if you can, to be quite honest!” – Colin Hanks
23. “A baby’s existence for the first three months is a one-way street. One person is doing all the work and the other is crying, sleeping, and pooping. So the first moment when you’re actually able to do something and they acknowledge your presence, that’s a big deal. A very big deal.” – Colin Hanks
24. “Keep in my mind my dad didn’t become a huge, huge mega actor until I was halfway through high school – so right around the time he’s going through his big renaissance is right when I’m starting to do my high school revolting.” – Colin Hanks
25. “Having come up in the era where movies are only movies if they’re released in the theater… I don’t know if that holds true anymore. I’ve been involved in some movies that have gone ‘direct-to-video,’ and that used to not be a good thing, but now it’s different.” – Colin Hanks
26. “But it can be a challenge shooting a scene with over 12 people, and they can be rather long days. There have been a couple of times where we should have loudly clapped and said, “OK, let’s focus and get this done!” As nice as it is spending all this time with my fake family here, I do have a real family that I’m trying to get back to!” – Colin Hanks
27. “I never looked at acting as Plan A or Plan B. Really, it was just more about trying to engage myself and keep myself interested and do what felt fun and what felt right.” – Colin Hanks
28. “I played bass guitar in high school and in college and then I actually fractured my thumb, so my bass career went bye-bye.” – Colin Hanks
29. “But yeah, I played bass guitar in high school and in college and then I actually fractured my thumb, so my bass career went bye-bye.” – Colin Hanks
30th 0f 43 Colin Hanks Quotes
30. “Boxers, man, except when I have to get dressed up. Then it’s boxer-briefs. But never tighty-whities. Never. But dude! If they brought back Underoos? Dude, if they brought back Underoos, I would rock the Underoos. Like He-Man and Transformers and G.I. Joe and even like Dukes of Hazzard.” – Colin Hanks
31. “I think [my experience directing] has made me a much more aware actor in terms of how to help bring a scene to life, how to contribute.” – Colin Hanks
32. “I’ve been having a really hard time keeping up on stuff. If I’m not watching something that my kids have already decided to watch, I’m probably just going to watch SportsCenter or the news.” – Colin Hanks
33. “When it comes down to it, I just want to work.” – Colin Hanks
34. “Religion theme aside, most of the time I’m in some sort of comedy and I’m a straight man and it’s really just, let’s wind this guy up and see him explode.” – Colin Hanks
35. “I’ve been in Mad Men and Dexter, so the drama element of it was not new to me.” – Colin Hanks
36. “I spent a lot of time in Tower Records. I’m a huge music nerd, and Tower was instrumental to me when I was growing up.” – Colin Hanks
37. “Tower Records was a place to meet your friends, your co-workers or a place to meet new friends who shared a common love of music, literature and all things cultural.” – Colin Hanks
38. “I collect watches because I’m always late, and I need to know exactly how late I’m going to be – in order to come up with a good excuse.” – Colin Hanks
39. “I was sort of lovingly naive, thinking that [being the son of Tom Hanks] wasn’t as big a deal as it is … that I would get the benefit of the doubt that I was my own person … and that doesn’t happen.” – Colin Hanks
40th 0f 43 Colin Hanks Quotes
40. “I was in two very horrible bands.” – Colin Hanks
41. “I’m really fascinated with anything that takes place between the 1920s up through the 1960s. In some ways, it feels familiar, and in other ways, it feels like it’s from another planet.” – Colin Hanks
42. “I eventually thought, this is the only thing I could do as a profession, I can’t really do anything else.” – Colin Hanks
43. “There was a period where I did question if it was acting because I knew that I would be making things hard on myself. I knew that there was going to be a little bit of a hullabaloo because of my dad being who he is and all that.” – Colin Hanks
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Colin Hanks! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Colin Hanks quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...