What is Isiah Thomas’ net worth?
|Net Worth:||$100 Million|
|Born:||April 30, 1961|
|Height:||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional NBA Player|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Isaiah Thomas is an American professional basketball player who has played for many teams with the National Basketball Association.
During his time with the Boston Celtics, he came to international attention after becoming a two-time NBA All-Star.
As of November 2022, Isiah Thomas’ net worth is estimated to be $100 Million.
Isiah Thomas Facts
- Isiah Thomas has played for many teams in the NBA, with multiple 10-day contracts since 2021 extending this impressive list.
- He enjoyed a hugely successful collegiate playing career and was a three-time all-conference selection in the Pac-10.
- Thomas has been named NBA All-Star multiple times over the course of his impressive career.
- Despite his name, he isn’t related to the Detroit Pistons Hall of Fame point guard Isiah Thomas.
- His hip injury in 2018 hasn’t put him off playing, with the star player making a speedy recovery and returning to the court.
Isaiah Jamar Thomas was born February 7, 1989, in Tacoma, Washington, where he was raised by his parents, James Thomas and Tina Baldtrip.
He was named after the former Detroit Pistons Hall of Fame player Isiah Thomas and began playing basketball from an early age.
He attended Curtis Senior High School, later graduating from Connecticut prep school in 2008, where he played for the varsity basketball team.
Thomas then began his college career at the University of Washington after receiving the blessing of iconic Washington Huskies player Nate Robinson.
In 2011, Thomas began his professional playing career with the Sacramento Kings, becoming the shortest player to record a triple-double in 2014.
After a brief stint with the Phoenix Suns, Thomas transferred to the Boston Celtics, where he would play alongside Daniel Gibson and enjoy further success.
He also played alongside DeAndre Jordan with the Los Angeles Lakers, scoring 22 points off the bench in his debut game.
He has also represented the American national team on several occasions, including the FIBA AmeriCup in 2022.
Isiah Thomas’ Career Earnings
Isiah Thomas has enjoyed a lucrative career since he transitioned to professional basketball, signing many contracts with high-profile teams.
His overall earnings have been enhanced through his brand endorsement deals, including with Zamst, the makers of protective sporting equipment.
With plenty of life left in his successful career, his future salary and other income looks set to remain high.
Isiah Thomas’ Net Worth Annually
While Isiah Thomas’ net worth might not compare to some of the richest NBA players in the world, it’s nevertheless impressive.
It has seen steady growth since he first began playing in 2011, thanks to his consistent salaries with the National Basketball Association and other revenue streams.
Thanks to his ongoing commitment to play basketball professionally, we can expect this net worth to climb as his career unfolds.
Isiah Thomas is married to his wife, Kayla, with whom he has one daughter and two sons.
In 2017, his sister, Chyna, tragically died in a one-car accident on Interstate 5 in Federal Way, Washington.
Thomas keeps his fans in the loop about his life and career through his official Instagram account, which has over 3 million followers and counting.
Awards & Achievements
Throughout his impressive career as a professional basketball player, Isiah Thomas has won many tournaments and accolades.
He’s played for many successful teams, earning praise for his talent both as a team player and on his individual merits.
Here are some of the best awards and achievements from Isiah Thomas’ career:
- 2008: While playing college basketball, Isiah Thomas is named Pac-10 Freshman of the Year.
- 2011: He’s picked in the second round of the NBA Draft with the final pick by the Sacramento Kings.
- 2012: Thomas is named the February Western Conference NBA Rookie of the Month.
- 2015: He becomes the shortest-ever player to be named as a contestant for the NBA Skills Challenge.
- 2017: Isiah Thomas finishes second in the NBA Sixth Man of the Year Award voting with 324 points.
Thomas stands out as a prolific basketball player with plenty of additional awards and honors to his credit.
He continues to perform professionally, so we can expect to see more awards and accolades in the future.
How Does Isiah Thomas Spend His Money?
With millions of dollars in the bank along with his other investments and assets, Isaiah Thomas can afford a life of luxury.
While some professional athletes spend their money on some of the most expensive cars in the world, Thomas prefers to invest his money in a more unusual manner.
He’s developed a car constructed from hemp car parts, replacing previously used plastics in an effort to combat environmental damage.
With his career spanning over a decade and showing no signs of ending any time soon, Isaiah Thomas has enjoyed great success.
This includes multiple highlights that help him to stand out as a top-tier basketball player with many noteworthy accomplishments.
Here are some of the best highlights of Isiah Thomas’ career:
- 2008: Isiah Thomas heads to Washington University to begin his impressive career as an amateur basketball player.
- 2011: He begins his professional basketball playing career with the Sacramento Kings.
- 2014: Thomas enjoys huge success while playing with the Boston Celtics, scoring the second-highest total in Celtics playoff history against Washington.
- 2018: He is selected for the USA men’s national team roster and attends the team’s mini camp in Las Vegas.
- 2020: Thomas enters into various ten-day contracts to expand his experience in the sport.
These are just a small sample of his career highlights, which have come thick and fast since he first signed with the Sacramento Kings in 2011.
As his career progresses, there’s no doubt Isiah Thomas will enjoy continued success, with more highlights inevitable.
Favorite Isiah Thomas Quotes
Throughout his career, Isiah Thomas has spoken eloquently about his experiences as a professional basketball player with some of the world’s best teams.
He has shared insights into the nature of sporting success and his thought process when preparing for the next game.
Here are our favorite quotes from Isiah Thomas:
- “My thought has always been completion. Maybe you have to rebound better, shoot better, hit free throws, handle the ball, defend better. You have to do all those things in the course of a game.” – Isiah Thomas
- “You’re always at war with the guy on the other bench. You pick up their patterns. That’s what I got the most out of this year. I know what other coaches like to do.” – Isiah Thomas
- “It’s hard to get people to overcome the thought that they have to take care of themselves first. It’s hard to get players to give in to the group and become selfless as opposed to selfish.” – Isiah Thomas
- “The biggest difference is in the leadership. It was better for us. We had more coaches and mentors to help us. A lot of the younger players today suffer from a lack of direction.” – Isiah Thomas
- “I’ve been in pressure situations before. All my life it’s been about pressure and having to get it done. Just because you say it publicly, it does not make me afraid of it or make me shy away from it.” – Isiah Thomas
3 Amazing Lessons From Isiah Thomas
Now that you know all about Isiah Thomas’ net worth, we’ll examine some valuable lessons from his experiences.
His performances with many successful basketball teams and dedication to improving his skills inspire anyone looking to become the best they can be.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Isiah Thomas:
1. Height Isn’t Everything
Being tall is certainly an advantage when playing basketball, but you don’t have to be 6 feet 6 inches to become a pro player.
At 5 feet 9 inches, Thomas has still been able to stand proud and serve his teams with great performances.
2. Don’t Be Put Off By Injuries
Thomas’ hip injury meant he wasn’t able to play professionally for several weeks, but he didn’t let this deter him from getting back in the game as soon as possible.
3. Gain As Many Experiences As You Can
While some players prefer to dedicate their time to one particular team, others are happy to play for as many teams as possible.
By doing so, they gain a great deal of insight into different training approaches so they can hone their skills in new ways.
So there you have it, our complete guide to the personal life, professional career, and net worth of American professional basketball player Isiah Thomas.
His prolific career continues to unfold, so there’s no doubt his track record and net worth will change in the future.
To ensure this article reflects the most accurate information, we’ll update it in the future, so check back again for the latest facts and figures.
As of November 2022, Isiah Thomas’ net worth is estimated to be $100 Million.