Elton John is an English singer, pianist, and composer.
John is known for being one of the most famous singers in history and he’s sold over 300 million records throughout his career as a successful singer and composer. Since then, he has also composed music, produced records and has occasionally acted in films.
Elton John is also one of the richest singers in the world right now.
We’ve put together this collection of the best Elton John quotes:
27 Elton John Quotes
1.”I have a much better relationship with the press than I did, I think because I stood my ground.” – Elton John
2. “Instead of more violence why isn’t there a [meeting of religious leaders]. It’s all got to be a dialogue – that’s the only way. Get everybody from each religion together and say ‘Listen, this can’t go on. Why do we have all this hatred?” – Elton John
3. “Goodbye, Norma Jean from the young man in the 22nd row. Who sees you as something more than sexual more than just our Marilyn Monroe.” – Elton John
4. “You should never take more than you give.” – Elton John
5. “There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex–they should draw the line at goats.” – Elton John
6. “When stars collide, like you and I, no shadow blocks the sun.” – Elton John
7. “I’ll not complain about your boring life if you just leave me to mine.” – Elton John
8. “And I’m afraid, in this day and age, trust, which I count so, you know, I love loyalty. I love trust. – Elton John
9. “…Only take as much as you give, in the circle of life.” – Elton John
10th of 27 Elton John Quotes
10. “Religion promotes the hatred and spite against gays. From my point of view, I would ban religion completely. Organized religion doesn’t seem to work. It turns people into really hateful lemmings and it’s not really compassionate.” – Elton John
11. “Live for each second without hesitation.” – Elton John
12. “I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems. On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don’t know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East — you’re as good as dead.” – Elton John
13. “There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex–they should draw the line at goats.” – Elton John
14. “Cause what the hell is wrong with expressing yourself, trying to be me?” Elton John
15. “I’m going to fight for human rights, whether I do it silently behind the scenes or vocally so that I get locked up. I can’t just sit back; it’s not in my nature. I can’t sit back and blindly ignore it, and I won’t.” – Elton John
16. “It’s the circle of life, and it moves us all, through despair and hope, through faith and love, ’till we find our place, on the path unwinding.” – Elton John
18. “I love places that have an incredible history. I love the Italian way of life.” – Elton John
20th of 27 Elton John Quotes
23. “You know, it’s a very treatable disease. You shouldn’t feel ashamed. But I’m afraid that’s carried on very much so from the first days of AIDS when it was basically a gay disease. And then, of course, you know, it affected everybody.” – Elton John
24. “I mean, Sting is one of my great buddies and I love him to death.” – Elton John
25. “Don’t shoot me, I’m just the piano player!” – Elton John
26. “Hold me a closer tiny dancer, count the headlights on the highway. Lay me down in sheets of linen, you had a busy day today.” – Elton John
Thanks for viewing this collection of the best Elton John quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media by clicking the buttons below.