What is Patrik Elias’ net worth?
|Net Worth:||$50 Million|
|Born:||April 13, 1976|
|Height:||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Country of Origin:||Czech Republic|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Hockey Player|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Patrik Elias is best known as the NHL’s all-time leader in points, assists, and goals.
Throughout his 20 seasons with the New Jersey Devils, Elias set many records that have yet to be broken.
Although he retired from the NHL in 2016, he now coaches the Czech National Team and spends a few weeks every year coaching for the Devils.
As of January 2023, Patrik Elias’ net worth is estimated to be $50 Million.
Patrik Elias Facts
- Patrik Elias was drafted by the New Jersey Devils in 1995 as their 51st overall pick.
- In 2000, he won his first Stanley Cup as a member of the Devils.
- He played his 1,000th career game in 2012 against the Florida Panthers.
- In 2015, he scored his 1,000th career point during a match against the Buffalo Sabres.
- Elias’ #26 jersey was retired in 2018, making him the first forward to have his number retired by the New Jersey Devils.
Patrik Elias was born April 13, 1976, in Trebic, Czechoslovakia, though he hasn’t shared any information about his parents or home life.
While he has gone on to be one of the most successful players in the NHL, not much is known about his childhood.
However, we do know that he played for HC Kladno in the Czech Extraliga as an amateur, where he did extremely well for himself.
Though he wasn’t well known in the United States before being drafted in 1994 by the New Jersey Devils, his skills on the ice made him a highly desirable candidate for the NHL draft.
Patrik Elias was drafted by the New Jersey Devils as their 51st overall pick in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.
In 2000, Elias helped lead the Devils in the Stanley Cup playoffs and played an instrumental part in their second Stanley Cup victory in 2003.
While he spent 39 games off the ice in 2006 due to medical issues, he returned as an alternate captain later in the season.
The same year, he signed a seven-year contract with the New Jersey Devils and became the first European-born captain in the team’s history.
In 2009, Elias became the New Jersey Devils’ all-time scorer when he recorded his 702nd career point.
During the 2011-12 season, he played his 1,000th game, and in 2013, he recorded his 1,000th career point, becoming the 82nd player ever to do so.
Elias announced his retirement in 2017, and his #26 was formally retired by the New Jersey Devils the following year.
Patrik Elias’ Career Earnings
Patrik Elias has become one of the richest hockey players in the world thanks to his substantial career earnings.
While he wasn’t the highest-paid player on the ice, Elias certainly enjoyed some noteworthy paydays.
- In 1996, Patrik Elias earned a $350k salary.
- His salary was boosted significantly in 2002 to $4.4 million.
- From 2006 to 2008, Elias earned a career-high salary of $7.5 million per year.
- During his last three seasons in the NHL, from 2013 to 2016, he earned $5.5 million.
- In total, Elias earned $72.9 million from 1996 to 2016.
He may not be the wealthiest NHL player, but Elias definitely made a significant amount of money during his career on the ice.
Patrik Elias married Petra Volakova in 2007, and together they have two daughters.
Unfortunately, Elias has kept a majority of his personal life private from his fans, leaving them to speculate about what he does outside of coaching.
However, on his official Instagram account, Patrik often posts photos of his travels with his family.
It is evident from his social media that Patrik has spent much of his time traveling around the world since retiring from the NHL.
Awards & Achievements
Patrik Elias not only set numerous records during his professional hockey career, but he earned numerous awards for his talents.
While all of his accolades and honors warrant mention, some stand out in particular for their prestige.
Here are some of Patrik Elias’ greatest career awards and accomplishments:
- At the World Championship in 1998, Elias won a bronze medal for the Czech Republic.
- In 2000, he won the NHL Bud Light Plus/Minus Award.
- He won a bronze medal for the Czech Republic in the 2006 Olympics.
- Elias won the Golden Hockey Stick in 2009 and 2012.
- At the 2011 World Championship, Elias won his second bronze medal for the Czech Republic.
Like Daniel Alfredsson, Patrik Elias has earned an impressive number of distinctions during his career in the NHL.
Although he isn’t the most decorated player in the NHL, he has certainly made a lasting mark on the industry.
How Does Patrik Elias Spend His Money?
Patrik Elias could easily afford to own multiple homes in some of the most expensive cities in the world, but not much is known about his actual spending habits.
We know that he became a naturalized US citizen in 2018 and is reported to be living in New Jersey, but the home and its cost have never been made public.
From his Instagram account, we can also tell that Elias enjoys traveling around the world as well, though we don’t know if he owns one of the most expensive private jets in the world or not.
If any further information becomes available, we will be sure to keep you updated!
Patrik Elias has achieved many impressive feats during his 20 seasons with the New Jersey Devils.
However, some moments in his career have been more beneficial than others and have had a greater impact on his fame and fortune.
Here are some of the best highlights of Patrik Elias’ career:
- Patrik Elias started his NHL career in 1994 as the 51st overall pick for the New Jersey Devils.
- In 2000 and 2003, Elias helped the Devils win the Stanley Cup.
- He was named the Devils’ new captain in 2006, the seventh in the team’s history.
- Elias played his 1,000th game in 2012 against the Florida Panthers.
- In 2015, he scored his 1,000th career point in a game against the Buffalo Sabres.
Patrik Elias may not have hit as many milestones as Wayne Gretzky, but his career still remains one of the most impressive in NHL history.
It is likely that if he had continued playing, he would have enjoyed even more memorable moments.
Favorite Patrik Elias Quotes
Patrik Elias spent over two decades in the NHL, making a name for himself as one of the franchise’s most dedicated players.
Although he was one of the most talented members of the New Jersey Devils, he wasn’t too proud to admit his mistakes and talk candidly about his performances.
Here are our favorite quotes from Patrik Elias:
- “We don’t want to pinch ourselves now. We’re feeling good about the game we have been playing.” – Patrik Elias
- “We were warned before the game that they are going to keep calling the penalties the way they did in the regular season.” – Patrik Elias
- “We didn’t do a good job defensively tonight. We were always missing by half a second.” – Patrik Elias
- “I got a pretty good check on that guy, and he lost control of the puck.” – Patrik Elias
- “You guys know it always takes me a couple of months before I get it going anyway in a season.” – Patrik Elias
3 Amazing Lessons From Patrik Elias’
There is a lot that we can learn from Patrik Elias and his long career in the NHL with the New Jersey Devils.
Now that you know all about Patrik Elias’ net worth, we can take a closer look at what he can teach us about reaching our own goals.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Patrik Elias:
1. Don’t Be Afraid To Make Mistakes
Too many people waste time trying to be perfect because they are afraid to make mistakes.
Truthfully, this careful behavior can only hold you back and slow down your progress, making you less likely to achieve your goals.
While caution is always smart, don’t be afraid of mistakes but rather accept that they will sometimes happen and use them as a learning experience.
2. Always Strive To Do Better
If you want to reach your full potential, you should always strive to one-up yourself in everything that you do.
By consistently trying to do better, you will continue to improve your skills and help yourself stand out from the competition.
3. Trust Your Team
Every successful person needs a team that they can rely on because no one person can do everything on their own.
Surround yourself with people who can help you achieve your goals, and don’t be afraid to ask them for help when you need it.
During his NHL career with the New Jersey Devils, Patrik Elias set numerous records that have yet to be broken by any other player.
While he no longer plays professional hockey, he now coaches new players on the New Jersey Devils and Czech National Team.
Make sure to check back regularly so you won’t miss any updates impacting Elias’ wealth and coaching career.
As of January 2023, Patrik Elias’ net worth is estimated to be $50 Million.