What is Shaquille O’Neal’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$400 Million|
|Born:||March 6, 1972|
|Height:||2.16 m (7 ft 1 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional NBA Player|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
As of October 2022, Shaquille O’Neal’s net worth is roughly $400 Million, making him one of the richest athletes in the world.
Shaquille O’Neal, aka Shaq, is a retired professional basketball player who is currently serving as a sports analyst.
During his 19 year career, Shaq played for six teams and is currently considered one of the greatest NBA players in history. O’Neal has also released four rap albums and has starred in numerous films and TV shows.
Shaquille O’Neal – Key Facts
- Shaquille’s professional career started in college. However, he was playing basketball before that. He attended LSU (Louisiana State University) and was drafted into the NBA in 1992 to Orlando Magic.
- While Shaquille O’Neal left school to pursue a career in sports, he did eventually finish his degree and is an LSU graduate.
- During his years with Orlando Magic, O’Neal won the Rookie of the Year award two years in a row (1992 and 1993).
- In 1996, he joined the Los Angeles Lakers, where he stayed until 2004. While an LA Lakers player, he led the team to a championship win three years in a row – in 2000, 2001, and 2002.
- After he left the Lakers due to the tension between him and another NBA star, Kobe Bryant, he went on to play for a few more teams – Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Boston Celtics.
- Shaquille O’Neal retired from the NBA in 2011.
- Aside from being an NBA star, Shaquille O’Neal tried his hand in several different fields, including music (he released four rap albums and a few singles) and acting (he played in a few feature films, including Kazaam and Steel). He also voiced himself in the 2014 Lego Movie.
Shaquille O’Neal was born in Newark, New Jersey on March 6, 1972. His biological father struggled with drug addiction and was imprisoned for drug possession when O’Neal was an infant. The two never had a relationship, and his father relinquished his parental rights to O’Neal’s stepfather.
O’Neal found his frequenting the Boys and Girls Club in Newark as it was a safe space. He did not play on a team, but he did use the space to shoot hoops. However, his step-father was in the military and the family was soon sent to bases in Germany and Texas.
In high school O’Neil led his team to a 68-1 record over two years and a state championship in his senior year. After high school he played for the Louisiana State University team, where he became a two time All-American, two-time SEC Player of the Year, and other recognitions.
In 1992 O’Neal was drafted by the Orlando Magic with the 1st overall pick in the NBA draft, and before moving to Orlando he was mentored by Magic Johnson.
O’Neal quickly made history by becoming the first player to be named Player of the Week during his first week in the NBA. He played with the Magic until the 1995 season, after which he became a free agent for the following season.
In 1996 he was named to the US Olympic basketball team, which became a gold medal-winning team in 1996. Following the Olympics he joined the LA Lakers on a seven-year contract. O’Neil continued to improve his stats and lead his team to championships.
O’Neal had frequent injuries throughout his career, but his most debilitating injury was his degenerative arthritis in his toe. He had surgery in 2002 and was sidelined for the first 12 games of the 2002-2003 season. The Lakers fell to the fifth seed and did not reach the finals in 2003.
O’Neal’s final few seasons alternated between teams. 2004 until 2008 saw him playing with the Miami Heat, where he experienced more career highs and a few more injuries.
In 2008 he was transferred to the Phoenix Suns for a season. 2009-2010 saw him playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers, 2010-2011 was the Boston Celtics, where he retired from.
As of October 2022, Shaquille O’Neal’s net worth is estimated to be $400 Million.
Here are some top highlights of Shaq’s career:
- NBA Champion (2000, 2001, 2002, 2006)
- NBA finals MVP (2000, 2001, 2002)
- 15 Time NBA All-Star
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1993)
- Olympic Gold Medalist (1996)
Favorite Quotes from Shaquille O’Neal
“When you’re righteous, you don’t have to tell people that you’re righteous.” – Shaquille O’Neal
“Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.” – Shaquille O’Neal
“I’m tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.” – Shaquille O’Neal
“This is a tough game. There are times when you’ve got to play hurt, when you’ve got to block out the pain.” – Shaquille O’Neal
“Me shooting 40% at the foul line is just God’s way to say nobody’s perfect.” – Shaquille O’Neal
“I don’t believe that I personally have been changed by the money. The bad thing is people assume you’ve changed because now you have money.” – Shaquille O’Neal
Shaquille O’Neal – Net Worth Over the Years
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Shaquille O’Neal worth?
Shaquille O’Neal’s net worth is estimated to be $400 Million.
How old is Shaquille O’Neal?
Shaquille O’Neal was born on March 6, 1972, and is currently 50 years old.
How tall is Shaquille O’Neal?
Shaquille O’Neal’s height is 2.16 m, which is equal to 7 ft 1 in.
Shaquille O’Neal has become of the most recognized names in sports. He has broken and set many records and standards in sports. His net worth is a combination of his sports, television, music, and film career, and continues to grow with him.
As of October 2022, Shaquille O’Neal’s net worth is $400 Million.