What is Catherine Zeta-Jones’ net worth?
|Net Worth:||$150 Million|
|Born:||September 25, 1969|
|Height:||1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Actress|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
British actress and brand ambassador Catherine Zeta-Jones has appeared in numerous blockbuster movies spanning genres including action, comedy, and thrillers.
Her fame gained a significant boost when she married Hollywood icon Michael Douglas, making them one of the best-known celebrity couples in the world.
As of October 2022, Catherine Zeta-Jones’ net worth is estimated to be $150 Million.
Catherine Zeta-Jones Facts
- Catherine Zeta-Jones has been involved in performing from an early age, completing a Musical Theater course from Arts Educational Schools in Chiswick.
- Her name is derived from her grandmother’s name, Catherine Fair, and Zeta-Jones.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ father, David Jones, owned a sweet factory in Swansea while she was growing up.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones shares a birthday with no other than her husband, Michael Douglas, although she is 25 years younger than him.
- When working on movies, she’s been known to bring her very own portable karaoke set for impromptu sing-alongs.
- A keen golfer, Zeta-Jones claims she gets at least two rounds in per week, with a golf course located next to her home in Bermuda.
- She’s been frequently featured on lists of the hottest women in the world, including three times on the top 100 from the Ask Men.com surveys.
- In 2011, Zeta-Jones was admitted to hospital and diagnosed with bipolar ii depression, receiving five days of treatment.
- Her wedding to Michael Douglas is one of the most expensive of all time, reportedly costing over $1.5 million.
- In 2004 Catherine Zeta-Jones was stalked by Dawnette Knight, forcing her to take legal action to protect herself.
Catherine Zeta-Jones was born on September 25th, 1969, in Swansea, Wales, and was raised in the Mumbles suburb with her brothers.
After her parents won a considerable sum of money at a bingo competition, Catherine was sent to private school where she was taught ballet lessons.
Beginning her acting in school, Zeta-Jones performed in various stage and talent shows, eventually landing a role in a West End production of the musical Annie.
Catherine Zeta-Jones’ performance in Annie opened the door to more stage work, before landing a starring role in the ongoing hit television series, The Darling Buds of May.
This exposure led to more work in America, including on the television series, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, and the movie, The Phantom and The Mask of Zorro.
She also worked with legendary director Steven Spielberg and iconic actor Tom Hanks on the comedy film The Terminal, establishing herself as an actress capable of diverse performances.
Outside the world of cinema, Zeta-Jones has served as a brand ambassador for numerous luxury brands including Elizabeth Arden , as well as launching her own line of clothing and accessories.
Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Career Earnings
With multiple blockbuster movies to her name, Catherine Zeta-Jones has had an impressive career earning huge fees for her roles and brand endorsements.
Here’s an estimated overview of Catherine Zeta-Jones’ career earnings:
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Salary In 2000 – $3 million
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Salary In 2002 – $8 million
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Salary In 2004 – $20 million
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Salary In 2005 – $10 million
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Salary In 2010 – $5 million
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Salary In 2015 – $8.7 million
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Salary In 2022 – $5 million
Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Net Worth Annually
While Catherine Zeta-Jones’ net worth is considerably larger when combined with her husband, it’s still impressive when viewed on its own merits.
Here’s a breakdown of Catherine Zeta-Jones’ annual net worth:
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Net Worth In 2018 – $150 million
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Net Worth In 2019 – $200 million
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Net Worth In 2020 – $210 million
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Net Worth In 2021 – $210 million
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Net Worth In 2022 – $150 million
Throughout her life, Catherine Zeta-Jones has been romantically involved with several high-profile public figures, including David Essex, Mick Hucknall, and John Leslie.
Catherine Zeta-Jones’ marriage to Hollywood superstar Michael Douglas made international headlines while also significantly increasing their combined net worth.
The marriage instantly ranked them among the richest celebrity couples in the world, with the couple having two children over the course of their relationship.
Awards & Achievements
With multiple blockbuster movies and many television appearances to her credit, it’s not surprising that Catherine Zeta-Jones has been nominated for and received many awards.
Here are some highlights from Catherine Zeta-Jones’ career:
- 1999: Zeta-Jones wins the award for Favorite Female Newcomer at the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards for her performance in The Mask of Zorro.
- 1999: Her performance in Entrapment wins her the Best Actress award at the European Film Awards.
- 2000: For her work on the film Traffic, Zeta-Jones is nominated for various Best Supporting Actress awards including at the Empire Awards and the Golden Globes.
- 2003: Catherine Zeta-Jones wins an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Chicago.
- 2010: She wins Outstanding Actress in a Musical at the Outer Critics Circle Awards and the Drama Desk Awards.
How Does Catherine Zeta-Jones Spend Her Money?
Through her marriage with Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones has invested money in some of the most expensive houses in the world, including a New York hom and mansion in Bermuda.
Through her association as a brand ambassador for some of the world’s leading fashion houses, she’s often spotted wearing extremely expensive clothing.
She’s also known to wear some of the most expensive watches you can buy, including a gold Cartier Santos Demoiselle timepiece.
With her work in movies and television ranging from indie classics to blockbuster summer movies, Catherine Zeta-Jones has had plenty of career highs.
Here are some of the best highlights of Catherine Zeta-Jones’ career:
- 1992: Zeta-Jones has her first taste of Hollywood thanks to a small role in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.
- 1998: Her performance in The Mask Of Zorro earns her huge critical and commercial acclaim, marking the beginning of her career as an A-list star.
- 2000: Appearing in Steven Soderbergh’s movie Traffic allows her to prove herself as a serious actor, picking up a nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- 2004: The movie Chicago proves to be Zeta-Jones’s most critically acclaimed movie of her career, earning her an Academy Award and BAFTA Award for supporting actress.
- 2017: Branching out from acting, Zeta-Jones began her new business venture by launching a line of home decoration products named Casa Zeta-Jones.
Favorite Catherine Zeta-Jones Quotes
Outspoken on a wide range of subjects, Catherine Zeta-Jones has inspired fans around the world with her lifestyle and relationship advice.
Here are our favorite quotes from Catherine Zeta-Jones:
- “The smartest thing I did was to stop going online. I’m the sort of person who will just look for the negative – Michael really can’t understand it, but that’s just the way I am. And with my bipolar thing, that’s poison. So I just stopped. Cold turkey. And it’s so liberating.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- ” I find this wave of super-skinny women scary. I’m not going to lie to you, I’ve got to drag myself down to the gym like everybody else. But I look at the red carpet sometimes and it’s like a pageant.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- ” I used to go around looking as frumpy as possible because it was inconceivable you could be attractive as well as be smart. It wasn’t until I started being myself, the way I like to turn out to meet people that I started to get any work.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- “I’m not the kind of person who likes to shout out my personal issues from the rooftops, but with my bipolar becoming public, I hope fellow sufferers will know it’s completely controllable. I hope I can help remove any stigma attached to it, and that those who don’t have it under control will seek help with all that is available to treat it. ” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- “I like women who look like women. I hated grunge. No one’s more feminist than me, but you don’t have to look as if you don’t give a – you know. You can be smart, bright, and attractive aesthetically to others – and to yourself.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
3 Amazing Lessons From Catherine Zeta-Jones
Now that you know all about Catherine Zeta-Jones’s net worth here are some take-aways from her impressive life and career.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Catherine Zeta-Jones:
1. If You Want To Stay Fit And Healthy, Switch Up Your Exercise Routines
Catherine Zeta-Jones is well known for looking great at all times, and she puts this down to mixing up her exercise routines, covering everything from hula hooping to swimming and tennis.
2. Spending Time Gardening Is A Great Way To Relax
With such an eventful lifestyle it can be easy to get overwhelmed by everything, and Zeta-Jones has suggested spending time with plants and flowers is a great way to escape from stress.
3. Drinking Plenty Of Water Is The Key To Looking Youthful
Hydration is the most important part of Catherine Zeta-Jones’ daily routines, and she always has a glass of water to hand.
So there you have it, the career highlights and headline-grabbing relationships that have helped increase Catherine Zeta-Jones’ impressive net worth.
With her net worth likely to change as her career continues, we’ll be updating this article in the future to include the most accurate information, so be sure to check back again.
As of October 2022, Catherine Zeta-Jones’ net worth is estimated to be $150 Million.