What is Charles Oliveira’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$5.5 Million|
|Born:||October 17, 1989|
|Country of Origin:||Brazil|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional MMA Fighter|
|Last Updated:||November 29, 2022|
Charles Oliveira is a Brazilian professional mixed martial artist who previously held the UFC Lightweight Championship.
He practiced Brazilian jiu-jitsu, which led to him making his MMA professional debut in 2008 and had his first UFC match in 2010.
As of March 2023, Charles Oliveira’s net worth is estimated to be $5.5 Million.
Charles Oliveira Facts
- Oliveira was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil and spent his entire childhood in the country.
- He began practicing Brazilian jiu-jitsu as a child and has his first amateur match in 2007.
- The following year, Oliveira made his professional debut with his first of many submission wins.
- Oliveira made his UFC debut in 2010 with a victory of Darren Elkins.
- In 2021, Oliveira won the UFC Lightweight Championship by defeating Michael Chandler.
Charles Oliveira da Silva was born October 17, 1989 in Sao Paulo, Brazil and lived in the city throughout his childhood.
Oliveira spent his childhood hoping to play professional soccer, but suffered from ailments including rheumatic fever that kept him from playing extensively.
Instead, Oliveira focused on Brazilian jiu jitsu during his teenage years thanks to receiving free classes and earned his first title in BJJ in 2003.
Because of his background in martial arts, Oliveira began training in MMA in Brazil and got off to a hot start as an amateur, earning a submission win over Rui Machado.
From there, it didn’t take long for Oliveira to find professional success as he joined PFC and won the Welterweight Grand Prix Tournament.
Charles Oliveira began his professional career with a record of 12-0 after winning at Warriors Challenge 5 and Eagle Fighting Championship and finally made it to the UFC to fight for Dana White in 2010.
In his UFC debut, Oliveira defeated Darren Elkins with what was awarded as Submission of the Night and he would win his second match against Efrain Escudero.
Oliveira then hit a rough patch in his career, winning just two of his next seven matches with a no-contest against Nik Lentz and losses to the likes of Frankie Edgar, Donald Cerrone, and Cub Swanson.
From 2014 through 2015, Oliveira fought six matches, winning five, with his only loss being against Max Holloway.
The prime years of Oliveira’s career came after his loss to Paul Felder as he won his next 11 matches, including winning the vacant UFC Lightweight Championship over Michael Chandler at UFC 262.
Charles Oliveira’s Career Earnings
Just like most professional mixed martial artists, Oliveira had to grind through the lower part of the card in UFC before making big money.
Oliveira was making five-figures during the early parts of his career, but turned into a fighter that made more than $1 million as he entered his prime.
Here’s an estimated overview of Charles Oliveira’s career earnings:
- Charles Oliveira’s Salary In 2013 – $100,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Salary In 2014 – $350,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Salary In 2015 – $325,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Salary In 2016 – $100,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Salary In 2017 – $200,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Salary In 2018 – $650,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Salary In 2019 – $800,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Salary In 2020 – $560,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Salary In 2021 – $1.7 Million
- Charles Oliveira’s Salary In 2022 – $3.5 Million
Oliveira is now one of the biggest names in the UFC, which allows him to earn a big payday with each match.
As long as he’s in the title picture, Oliveira will continue to get paid handsomely for his UFC live event fights.
Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth Annually
Due to the lower earnings at the start of his MMA career, Oliveira was simply trying to establish a net worth for himself.
As time has gone on, though, Oliveira has become a multi-millionaire thanks to memorable matches and winning a championship.
Here’s a breakdown of Charles Oliveira’s annual net worth:
- Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth In 2013 – $400,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth In 2014 – $650,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth In 2015 – $850,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth In 2016 – $900,000
- Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth In 2017 – $1 Million
- Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth In 2018 – $1.5 Million
- Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth In 2019 – $2.2 Million
- Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth In 2020 – $2.5 Million
- Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth In 2021 – $3.5 Million
- Charles Oliveira’s Net Worth In 2022 – $5.5 Million
Oliveira is now one of the most marketable stars and will continue to add to his net worth as his title reign becomes more lucrative.
By the time it’s all said and done, Oliveira hopes to find himself in the same level of net worth as Conor McGregor, Tito Ortiz, and other notable fighters.
Charles Oliveira and his brother Hermison were raised almost exclusively by his mother Ozana in Sao Paulo.
Oliveira doesn’t have an extensive dating history, as he’s been in a relationship with Talita Roberta Pereira for much of his adult life.
The couple got married in 2014 and they have a daughter together named Tayla Oliveira who was born in 2017.
Oliveira has an official website and is active on social media with an official Twitter account and official Instagram account that are updated regularly.
Awards & Achievements
Charles Oliveira began to rack up awards as a mixed martial artist early on in his career and he hasn’t looked back.
From a kid that was simply trying to climb the lightweight rankings to a world champion, Oliveira has a lot of earned honors along the way.
In his long list of awards and achievements, here are the top ones in Charles Oliveira’s career:
- Three-time Submission of the Night recipient in his wins over Darren Elkins, Efrain Escudero and Eric Wisely.
- Part of the Fight of the Night three times with one against Frankie Edgar and two against Nik Lentz.
- Most Post-Fight bonuses in UFC history including most Performance of the Night titles.
- Predator FC Welterweight Grand Prix Champion and UFC Lightweight Champion.
- Five-time MMAJunkie.com Award winner and 2022 Fighter of the Year ESPY winner.
Oliveira continues to earn awards as a top performer, and the Brazilian fighter has shown no signs of slowing down.
He figures to be part of the title picture for years to come, and should one day see himself in the Ultimate Fighting Championship Hall of Fame.
How Does Charles Oliveira Spend His Money?
As Charles Oliveira makes his way up the list of richest MMA fighters in the world, he has a lot more money to spend than just a few years ago.
Though he’s not shopping for the most expensive cars in the world, Oliveira is proud of what he already has, including his 1969 Dodge Charger.
Oliveira knows where he came from, and actually spent the money to remodel his childhood home and lives in a modest house in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
He’s happily married and prefers to spend his money on his wife and daughter instead of the flashy sports cars that many fighters are known for.
Charles Oliveira has come a long way since his days of growing up in a small Brazil home, and is now one of the top-paid and most well-known fighters in the world.
Throughout his career, there have been a lot of firsts and records recorded by Oliveira, all of which represent the pinnacle of his career.
Here are some of the best highlights of Charles Oliveira’s career:
- Made his professional MMA debut with a win over Jackson Pontes in 2008.
- Won his first UFC match against Darren Elkins in San Diego in 2010.
- Broke the UFC record for most submission victories with 11 by defeating Christos Giagos in 2018.
- In 2021 he claimed the UFC Lightweight Championship, defeating Michael Chandler via technical knockout.
- Won his first title defense against Justin Gaethje at UFC 274 in Phoenix, Arizona.
Oliveira is a fighting champion and will no doubt continue to have highlights added to his already impressive fighting resume.
On top of his long list of submission victories, Oliveira also has championships and his fighting career is far from over.
Favorite Charles Oliveira Quotes
Charles Oliveira has been one of the most outspoken members of the Ultimate Fighting Championship in multiple languages.
The submission specialist has talked about his career inside of the octagon as well as his time away from mixed martial arts.
Here are our favorite quotes from Charles Oliveira:
- ” I was a child among the lions. Now I want to be one of those lions.” – Charles Oliveira
- ” God gave me the power. God showed me the way.” – Charles Oliveira
- ” I know I can beat everyone that defeated me.” – Charles Oliveira
- ” My job is to fight. I make money by fighting – that’s how I provide to my daughter.” – Charles Oliveira
- ” I don’t think about winning a bonus, I think about putting on a good fight.” – Charles Oliveira
3 Amazing Lessons From Charles Oliveira
Charles Oliveira didn’t have much while growing up, but scratched and clawed his way to the top of the fighting world.
There have been some valuable lessons that Oliveira has learned along the way, and he had earned everything that he’s gotten to this point.
He’s hoping that his name is mentioned in the same breath as Chuck Liddell and Anderson Silva when talking about UFC legends, as well.
Now that you know all about Charles Oliveira’s net worth, much can be learned from the lightweight division legend.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Charles Oliveira:
1. Don’t Forget Your Roots
Instead of abandoning his upbringing and settling into a mansion in the United States, Oliveira has helped build his old neighborhood in Sao Paulo.
The Brazilian fighter would often watch mixed martial arts while growing up, with his father telling him that he’d be a professional one day.
Oliveira has made his family very proud, and he’s become an icon in his home country and a great father figure to boot.
2. Keep Fighting
When he was a child, not only did Oliveira not have much, but he was told that he may never be able to walk again.
Oliveira suffered from a heart murmur and rheumatic fever that put his health in jeopardy, but he never gave up his dream of being a fighter.
It took some getting used to and a lot of fighting, but Oliveira overcame the odds and made his way through the UFC lightweight rankings to become a champion.
3. Bounce Back From Losses
No matter what you’re doing for a living, there are going to be some inevitable setbacks that you’ll have to overcome.
Charles Oliveira knows that very well, as he’s had injuries and losses that he’s had to bounce back from to get where he is now.
Following a stretch of losses that concluded in late 2017, Oliveira continued to work on himself and defeated the likes of Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee to earn his title shot.
Charles Oliveira came from humble beginnings to become one of the greatest fighters in the UFC and the ultimate submission expert.
No other fighter has more submission wins in the UFC than Oliveira, and he has plenty more in his arsenal before it’s all said and done.
Oliveira also has opportunities as a champion to continue to add to his net worth as he makes his way up the list of the world’s richest MMA fighters.
As of March 2023, Charles Oliveira’s net worth is estimated to be $5.5 Million.