What is Tina Turner’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$250 Million|
|Born:||November 26, 1939|
|Height:||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Singer|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Tina Turner is referred to as the “Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll” and is one of the most successful solo artists of all time. She started in a duo with Ike Turner before splitting from him and going solo.
Not only has she made an impact on the music industry, but she has also dabbled successfully in acting, starring alongside Mel Gibson.
She rose from poverty as a youngster, overcoming the separation of her parents and the death of her sister, to become one of the most wealthy and famous women in music history.
As of November 2022, Tina Turner’s net worth is estimated to be $250 Million.
Tina Turner Facts
- In 1973, Tina sneaked backstage where she met and sang with Ike Tuner.
- Tina attempted to commit suicide in 1968 after her then-husband, Ike Turner’s constant abuse.
- In 2017, Tina faced many health issues and her husband, Erwin Bach, donated his kidney to save her life.
- Turner suffered a stroke in 2013 shortly after her wedding to Erwin Bach, which resulted in her having to learn how to walk again.
- Only two days after giving birth to her son in 1960, she was back on stage performing gigs.
Anna Mae Bullock, known by her stage name Tina Turner, was born November 26, 1939, in Tennessee, United States of America.
Turner was born into a very low-income household on rural farmland. Her father worked at the Poindexter Farm, which is where Turner would help pick cotton while still young. Tina had two older sisters, Ruby Bullock and Evelyn Currie.
Unfortunately, the sisters were temporarily separated during World War II when their parents decided to relocate to Knoxville. When their parents left for Knoxville, Tina was left to be looked after by her strict grandparents. The family finally reunited after the war and started a new life in Knoxville.
Tina attended Flagg Grove Elementary School once her family moved to Nutbush. Unfortunately, at the age of 11, Tina’s mother left the family to escape her abusive husband.
With Turner and her sisters still trying to process their mother’s abandonment, their father left two years later to start a new family with his wife in Detroit.
Turner and her sister lived with their grandmother after their father’s disappearance. To survive, Tina worked as a domestic worker during her teenage years.
To make matters worse, despite the numerous hardships that Tina already had to face, she was devastated when her sister Everly died in a car crash with her cousins.
Turner focused on high school to distract herself from the trauma and became a cheerleader as well as joined the school’s basketball team.
Her grandmother died when she turned 16, so Tina had to go live with her mother in St Louis, attending Summer High School and graduating in 1958, only to start work at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
Turner started partying in her early adult years and one night sneaked on stage to perform at an Ike Turner concert, an event that marked the beginning of her musical career.
Tina and Ike created a duo and from there went on to make millions. Her career debut was in 1960 when the pair released “A Fool in Love”, which broke racial barriers at the time. The song became an instant hit and reached number 27 on the Billboard Hot 100.
While working with Ike, Tina received vocal training, which opened new opportunities for her. Ike decided to rename her Tina, and copyrighted the name, so if she ever left the band, she couldn’t take the name with her.
The duo released another song called “It Gonna Work Out Fine”, which earned them a Grammy nomination and became famous worldwide.
Turner and Ike had many successes before word started getting out about the abuse that she was suffering. The abuse resulted from his addiction to cocaine and Tina escaped from him one day after getting into a physical altercation, hiding at one of her friend’s houses.
Shortly after that, Turner divorced Ike and started out on her own. To pay the bills, Tina appeared on television as she was facing major debt from lawsuits to do with cancellations of her previous duo gigs.
Despite the problems, this did not stop Turner as she bounced back in 1977 and started what was to be an impressively successful solo career.
She released six successful solo albums; Private Dancer, What’s Love Got to Do with it, Tina Live, Foreign Affair, Wildest Dreams and Break Every Rule.
From there, nothing could stop stopping her as she went on to win numerous awards and changed the music industry forever.
Tina Turner’s Career Earnings
Tina Turner is an inspiration to all performers, as she overcame the most terrible of circumstances to become one of the most successful singing stars ever.
Even being beaten by her husband didn’t deter her from ditching him and breaking out on her own.
Here’s an estimated overview of Tina Turner’s annual income:
- Tina Turner’s Salary In 2013 – $33 million
- Tina Turner’s Salary In 2014 – $30 million
- Tina Turner’s Salary In 2015 – $32 million
- Tina Turner’s Salary In 2016 – $35 million
- Tina Turner’s Salary In 2017 – $38 million
- Tina Turner’s Salary In 2018 – $45 million
- Tina Turner’s Salary In 2019 – $41 million
- Tina Turner’s Salary In 2020 – $35 million
- Tina Turner’s Salary In 2021 – $90 million
- Tina Turner’s Salary In 2022 – $40 million
Tina Turner earned royalties and fees from her stage performances as well as her songwriting abilities.
Her albums were massively successful all around the world and her entrance into the world of film caused a spike in her record sales as well.
Tina Turner’s Net Worth Annually
After coming from an incredibly poor home, Tina Turner made sure that she would never suffer any sort of shortage ever again.
She did this by making sure that she invested large sums of money out of the income she received from her record and album sales.
Here’s a breakdown of Tina Turner’s annual net worth:
- Tina Turner’s Net Worth In 2013 – $151 million
- Tina Turner’s Net Worth In 2014 – $160 million
- Tina Turner’s Net Worth In 2015 – $170 million
- Tina Turner’s Net Worth In 2016 – $175 million
- Tina Turner’s Net Worth In 2017 – $178 million
- Tina Turner’s Net Worth In 2018 – $180 million
- Tina Turner’s Net Worth In 2019 – $190 million
- Tina Turner’s Net Worth In 2020 – $195 million
- Tina Turner’s Net Worth In 2021 – $200 million
- Tina Turner’s Net Worth In 2022 – $250 million
While Turner is now in her twilight years, she is still performing occasionally and her songs are still bringing in a substantial amount of money.
However, the sale of her recording and naming rights in 2021 indicate that she is looking to the future and making provision for what comes next in her life.
What was not known was that Turner first started having a relationship with a saxophonist, Raymond Hill, who was a part of the Kings of Rhythm.
She gave birth to Raymond’s child in 1958, but the couple split shortly before the child was born.
Turner found herself giving birth to Ike Turner’s child in 1960, but after being abused by him for years, she filed for divorce in 1978.
It has been revealed that Ike was married to another woman while being married to Tina. After taking some time to process the trauma from her previous relationship, Tina finally found her current husband, Erwin Bach.
The two met and had an instant connection in 1986, and after many years of dating, the couple finally got married in 2013.
Unfortunately, Turner faced serious health issues during this time and suffered a heart attack which resulted in her having to learn to walk again. Her husband donated his kidney in 2017 when Turner was facing kidney failure.
Turner had two sons, Ronald Turner and Craig Turner, and also adopted two of Ike Turner’s children whom she brought up as her own.
She has now become a grandmother with two grandchildren and you can follow her official Instagram account to see what she’s getting up to now.
Awards & Achievements
With Tina Turner’s distinctive voice and awesome songwriting ability, it was only a matter of time before she started winning awards.
Over the decades, she has performed all across the world and been hailed as a true star.
Here are some of the more memorable moments from Tina Turner’s career:
- Turner was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1991 and once again in 2021.
- She was also inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999, 2003, and 2012.
- In 2002, Turner was named one of the Top 100 Artists of All Time.
- She was included on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1986.
- In 2005, she received the Kennedy Center Honors Award.
- She won the Lifetime Achievement Award in 1999.
- Turner has been given three IFPI Platinum Europe Awards, in 1997, 1999, and 2004.
While it is unlikely that we will see Turner performing on stage again, her music and her story of determination and grit will last forever.
How Does Tina Turner Spend Her Money?
Turner has invested in multiple properties, such as the house she bought with her husband, Erwin, in Switzerland for $76 million.
She’s been known to ride around in some of the most expensive cars in the world but seems to like the more comfortable, luxury vehicles such as the Mercedes G Wagon, as opposed to sports cars.
Turner is also a big donor to multiple charities, such as her numerous donations to an AIDS research team at St Jude Children’s Hospital.
Tina Turner’s entire career is considered a highlight by some, as she has had to overcome such incredible odds to succeed.
However, we’ve selected a few that have stood out from all the rest.
Here are some of the best highlights of Tina Turner’s career:
- Ike and Tina released a song called “A Fool in Love” which broke through Southern racial barriers in 1960.
- Turner set the world record in 1988 for having the largest paying audience for a solo performer.
- After divorcing Ike, Turner started to act in television shows to pay the bills in the late 1970s.
- Private Dancer became a hit on her 1984 album, and this ended up being a big uplift in her career.
- Turner performed with Mike Jagger in 1985 at the Live Aid concert, which created a bond between her and The Rolling Stones.
Now that she is no longer appearing on stage, she fills her time writing books and writing stage plays and musicals.
Favorite Tina Turner Quotes
Tina Turner is living proof that you can overcome all manner of adversity and triumph despite overwhelming odds.
She has a positive attitude that will never quit and tries to impress on people that they have the power to achieve anything they wish.
Here are our favorite quotes from Tina Turner:
- “The older you get, the more you realize it’s not what happens, but how you deal with it.” – Tina Turner
- “You must love and care for yourself because that’s when the best comes out.” – Tina Turner
- “You asked me if I ever stood up for anything. Yeah, I stood up for my life.” – Tina Turner
- “I believe that if you’ll just stand up and go, life will open up for you.” – Tina Turner
- “I’m not wise, but the beginning of wisdom is there; it’s like relaxing into – and an acceptance of things.” – Tina Turner
3 Amazing Lessons From Tina Turner
Throughout her life, Turner has had to fight battles to survive and thrive in a hostile world.
Throughout it all, she lived by the principle that you have to stand up for yourself, as no one else is going to do it for you.
Now that you know all about Tina Turner’s net worth, here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Tina Turner:
1. No Matter What, Stay Strong And Stand Your Ground
Turner suffered many traumatic experiences, but it was her strong will and determination that got her through terrible circumstances.
2. If You Believe, You Too Can Achieve Anything
Manifesting your dreams will help life open many opportunities for you. It may not be magic, but there is no harm in believing in yourself and your goals.
3. Patience Is Key
It took Turner a long time, undergoing terrible hardships, before she was able to rise above her circumstances and achieve her dreams. She believed she would get there and was willing to wait and work hard for as long as it took to reach her goals.
Turner made an impact on the music industry, not just for women, but also helping to break racial barriers and stereotypes.
She made history as a duo, but it’s for her solo performances that she will be remembered. Turner is loved by those who’ve worked with her and is respected for her hard work and dedication to getting where she is today.
Despite her traumatic background, Turner has revealed that she thinks her life has been wonderful and is very appreciative of what she has received.
As of November 2022, Tina Turner’s net worth is estimated to be $250 Million.