What is Mick Jagger’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$500 Million|
|Born:||July 26, 1943|
|Height:||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Musician|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
This legendary English singer, songwriter, actor, and film producer is one of the most recognizable rock stars on the planet, with a career spanning over six decades.
Known for his distinctive style and outlandish energy, Jagger has made millions as a counterculture figure and inspired many other musicians to follow in his footsteps.
As of October 2022, Mick Jagger’s net worth is estimated to be $500 Million.
Mick Jagger Facts
- In 2002, in VH1’s The Greatest: 100 Sexiest Artists, Mick Jagger was voted to be the 4th sexiest artist in history.
- Despite being known for rock and roll, Jagger is a big fan of The Beach Boys, particularly the song “I Get Around.”
- Mick Jagger can speak French fluently, though it isn’t a skill he shows often, and most fans aren’t aware of this skill.
- In the 1971 song “You’re So Vain” by Carly Simon, Jagger sang backup vocals, and his accent is more noticeable towards the end of the song.
- Jagger received the honor of being knighted by Prince Charles in 2003, something that at the beginning of his career would have been unheard of.
Michael Philip Jagger was born in Dartford, Kent, in 1943 and attended Wentworth Primary School alongside neighbor and future bandmate Keith Richards.
In the mid-1950s, Jagger formed a garage band with his friend Dick Taylor, primarily playing covers by Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, and Bo Diddley.
After leaving school, Jagger and Richards moved into a flat in Chelsea, along with guitarist Brian Jones.
While Jagger had started studying finance and accounting at the London School of Economics, he ultimately started a band with Jones and Richards that became the foundation of the Rolling Stones.
As one of the Rolling Stones founders, Mick Jagger was also responsible for writing some of the band’s biggest hits.
The band got their first gig in 1962, and by 1963, they had taken off as a force to be reckoned with in the music industry.
Since they started out in the 1960s, the Rolling Stones were at the forefront of the British Invasion and quickly became associated with rebellion and counterculture.
Mick Jagger was instrumental in incorporating the blues into rock and roll, and their unique sound has inspired generations of musicians.
Throughout his time with the Rolling Stones, Jagger released over 100 albums, including 30 studio albums.
Jagger and the band have also played over 2000 concerts around the world, generating an estimated $1.5 billion between 1989 and 2001.
As a solo artist, Mick Jagger established himself with the album, She’s The Boss, which he released in 1985.
During this time, Jagger also collaborated with The Jacksons, performing the lead vocals on the song “State of Shock” alongside Michael Jackson.
In 2011, Jagger announced he was creating a new supergroup with Dave Stewart, Joss Stone, A.R. Rahman, and Damian Marley, intending to fuse their unique musical styles together.
As of 2022, Jagger is still touring with the Rolling Stones, bringing in millions with every show he performs.
Mick Jagger’s Career Earnings
As one of the richest rock stars in the world, it’s safe to say that Mick Jagger makes a lot of money every year.
What we know about his earnings includes:
- Mick Jagger makes an estimated $50 million per year.
- Most of Jagger’s income is split between music, live shows, merchandise, and licensing.
- Jagger is estimated to make over $1.5 million from Spotify streaming annually.
- In 2021, the Rolling Stones made $115 million from tours, which was split between members.
- Mick Jagger also owns a private Caribbean island which guests can rent for an estimated $16,000 to $30,000 per week.
Mick Jagger has created a lot of ways for himself to earn money, and it is unlikely that we will ever see his net worth drop.
Mick Jagger has been married and divorced only once to Biance Perez-Mora Macias but has been linked with various other partners, including Jerry Hall, L’Wren Scott, and Melanie Hamrick.
He has eight children, aged 50 to four, including Karis Jagger, Jade Jagger, Elizabeth Jagger, James Jagger, Georgia May Jagger, Gabriel Jagger, Lucus Morad Jagger, and Deveraux Jagger.
While Jagger was known to party hard throughout his career, he is also an avid cricket fan and has regularly attended the FIFA World Cup games as a supporter of the English National football team.
While he hasn’t released one of the most expensive NFTs ever created, his collaboration with the 3D artist Extraweg has turned heads.
Awards & Achievements
As a founder and lead singer of the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger has received many awards and honors throughout his career.
Here are some highlights from Mick Jagger’s career:
- In 1964, Mick Jagger won the British New Disc Award at the NME Awards.
- In 1987, as a member of the Rolling Stones, Jagger won the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.
- At the Grammy’s in 1995, Jagger and the Rolling Stones won Best Rock Album for Voodoo Lounge.
- Jagger won Best Original Song – Motion Picture at the Golden Globes in 2005.
- As a member of the Rolling Stones, Jagger has had numerous songs inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame, most recently “Paint It, Black” in 2018.
How Does Mick Jagger Spend His Money?
Mick Jagger certainly knows how to party like a rock star, but he also can spend his money like one.
Jagger has a ton of assets that he has spent money on, including a $2 million dollar home in Florida, a private Caribbean island, and a castle in the south of France that he bought in 1982 for $3 million.
In addition to this, Jagger also owns homes in New York, London, and Los Angeles, though he possibly owns even more properties that aren’t publically known.
Mick Jagger is also an avid car collector, with many of the most expensive cars in the world in his possession.
His cars include a Rolls Royce Silvercloud III, an Aston Martin DB6, and a Mercedes s550.
Mick Jagger has reached a lot of amazing milestones throughout his six-decade-long career.
Here are some of the best highlights of Mick Jagger’s career:
- In 1989, Mick Jagger was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- As a member of the Rolling Stones, Jagger was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2004.
- Prince Charles knighted Jagger in 2003.
- Both as a member of the Rolling Stones and as a solo artist, Jagger has reached No. 1 on the UK and US charts with 13 singles.
- Mick Jagger has many species named after him, including the Jaggermeryx, the Aegrotocatellus Jaggeri, and the Anomphalus Jaggerius.
Favorite Mick Jagger Quotes
Mick Jagger certainly has a way with words, and throughout his career, he’s said quite a few things that stand out.
Here are our favorite quotes from Mick Jagger:
- “As long as my face is on page one, I don’t care what they say about me on page seventeen.” – Mick Jagger
- “Either we stay at home and become pillars of the community, or we go out and tour. We couldn’t really find any communities that still needed pillars.” – Mick Jagger
- “Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.” – Mick Jagger
- “The thing that bugs me is that I get treated like the Grandfather of Pop.” – Mick Jagger
- “It’s all right letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back.” – Mick Jagger
3 Amazing Lessons From Mick Jagger
Now that you know all about Mick Jagger’s net worth, we can look at some of the important lessons about success that his incredible career can teach us.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Mick Jagger:
1. Don’t Pay Attention To Haters
As a counterculture figure, Mick Jagger has been on the receiving end of many haters throughout the years, but that has done little to stifle his success.
This is an important lesson for anyone trying to get ahead because there are always going to be haters, but your reaction to them is what will make or break you.
While it can be hard to ignore sometimes, the best thing you can do is ignore the ones with nothing good to say because, at the end of the day, it’s not their picture that’s hanging above your mantel.
2. Your Past Isn’t Your Present
Early in his career, Mick Jagger was known for his drug abuse but has since gotten help and gotten clean.
Everyone has a past, and it’s important not to let past mistakes hold you back and define who you are now.
Recognize the bad, learn from your mistakes and move on strong, smarter, and even more successful.
3. Give 110%
You’ll never get ahead by giving less than your all, and no one has ever failed by giving something their all.
Everything is worth giving 110% to if it has the potential to get you closer to your goals.
So be bold, work hard, and keep on your grind because it will all pay off once you reach the top.
Mick Jagger is a rock and roll legend, and the Mick Jagger net worth is something all musicians aspire to.
As the lead singer of the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger changed the music industry and accumulated an astonishing net worth that is still increasing today.
Be sure to check back regularly for updates, as we’re sure this rock star’s net worth is only going to keep getting larger by the year!
As of October 2022, Mick Jagger’s net worth is estimated to be $500 Million.