What is Akshay Kumar’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$240 Million|
|Born:||September 9, 1967|
|Height:||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Country of Origin:||India|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Actor|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Akshay Kumar is an Indian film actor, producer, and martial artist who has appeared in over 125 films over the course of his impressive career as a Bollywood actor.
After earning a reputation as “India’s Jackie Chan”, Kumar branched out with award-winning roles in drama films, as well as establishing himself as a comedy actor with impeccable timing.
As of October 2022, Akshay Kumar’s net worth is estimated to be $240 Million.
Akshay Kumar Facts
- The name of his production company, Hari Om Productions, is taken from his father’s name.
- Akshay Kumar has a black belt in Taekwondo, having trained in martial arts and combat sports in Bangkok, Thailand.
- While living in Bangkok, Akshay Kumar worked as a waiter and chef before returning to India to begin modeling.
- Whenever possible, Kumar avoids using stunt doubles in his movies, preferring to perform his own stunts in most circumstances.
- A hard-working performer, Akshay Kumar always tries to complete his films in under 3 months, allowing him to shoot and release 11 movies in 1994 alone.
- He auditioned for Deepak Tijori’s role in the hit 1992 film Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander but was sadly rejected at the time.
- Kumar is an early riser, always getting up at around 5 am and beginning work or interviews by 6 am.
- In an interview on Anupam Kher’s talk show, he revealed he had posters of Jackie Chan, Sylvester Stallone, and Sridevi on his wall to act as motivation.
- Akshay Kumar has a thing for holding onto his “firsts”, including his first house, car, and motorcycle.
- He donated the profits from his song, Nirgun Raakh Liya, to the victims of the Mumbai train bombings.
Akshay Kumar was born on September 9th, 1967, in Amritsar, Punjab, in India to his father Hari Om Bhatia, who was an army officer, and mother Aruna Bhatia.
His family moved to Bombay, where Akshar took up karate and dropped out of college so he could pursue his interest in martial arts further, as well as develop his acting skills.
After working in various jobs, Kumar moved into the more lucrative modeling career that would set him on the path to becoming one of India’s leading actors.
By the early 1990s, Akshay Kumar had transitioned from modeling to working as an actor, appearing in the 1991 movie, Saugandh.
While several of his earlier films failed to perform well at the box office, his breakthrough role came with Khiladi, as well as hit comedies such as Hera Pheri which made him a household name.
In addition to working with some of the leading Bollywood actors, Kumar has worked with Western actors such as Clive Standen on the Bollywood movie, Namastey London.
Noted for his versatile acting abilities, he’s capable of working on dramatic movies such as Dhadkan and Andaaz, as well as hit comedy movies like Hera Pheri and Bhool Bhulaiyaa.
Akshay Kumar’s Career Earnings
With over a hundred movies to his name, as well as multiple appearances in some of India’s biggest television shows, Akshay Kumar has achieved impressive growth in his career earnings.
Here’s an estimated overview of Akshay Kumar’s career earnings:
- Akshay Kumar’s Salary In 2011 – $1,740,000
- Akshay Kumar’s Salary In 2012 – $30 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Salary In 2013 – $34 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Salary In 2014 – $24 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Salary In 2015 – $32.5 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Salary In 2016 – $31.5 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Salary In 2017 – $35.5 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Salary In 2018 – $40.5 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Salary In 2019 – $65 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Salary In 2022 – $56.5 million
Akshay Kumar’s Net Worth Annually
While Akshay Kumar has some way to go to compare to some of the richest people in India, his impressive net worth has continued to increase over the course of his career.
Here’s a breakdown of Akshay Kumar’s annual net worth:
- Akshay Kumar’s Net Worth In 2018 – $224 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Net Worth In 2019 – $240 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Net Worth In 2020 – $270 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Net Worth In 2021 – $310 million
- Akshay Kumar’s Net Worth In 2022 – $325 million
Akshay Kumar married Twinkle Khanna on 17th January 2001, with whom he has a son and daughter who he keeps away from the media spotlight.
A keen fitness enthusiast, Kumar is known to practice kickboxing and parkour, as well as swimming and playing basketball on a regular basis.
While Kumar was initially a religious person, he’s since distanced himself from visiting shrines and temples, preferring to view himself as Indian above religious beliefs.
Awards & Achievements
Akshay Kumar has appeared in multiple movies throughout his career, many of which have been nominated for some of the most prestigious awards in the film industry.
Here are some highlights from Akshay Kumar’s career:
- 1995: Kumar picks up his first nomination at the Filmfare Awards for Best Actor for his role in Yeh Dillagi.
- 2002: His first win at the Filmfare Awards is given for Best Villain in the movie Ajnabee.
- 2005: Kumar is awarded Best Comedian for his role in Mujhse Shaadi Karogi at the IIFA Awards.
- 2009: At the Stardust Awards, Kumar is given the best Male Star of the Year award.
- 2012: Kumar wins the Complete Entertainer of the Year award at the BIG Star Entertainment Awards.
How Does Akshay Kumar Spend His Money?
With a net worth of hundreds of millions of dollars and counting, Akshay Kumar has built a collection of impressive luxury goods
He’s the owner of some of the most expensive cars in the world, including a Rolls-Royce Phantom and Bentley Continental Flying Spur, alongside his collection of motorbikes.
In addition to his car and bike collection, Kumar owns over 350 pairs of shoes, including some of the most expensive sneakers ever made, as well as high-fashion smart leather shoes.
Akshay Kumar’s career features many notable hit movies and television appearances, with the Bollywood actor known for his prolific output across a broad range of genres.
Here are some of the best highlights of Akshay Kumar’s career:
- 1991: Akshay Kumar takes on his first leading role in the film Saugandh, appearing opposite stars Raakhee and Shantipriya.
- 1995: He begins his successful streak in what would later become known as the Khiladi series of films, appearing in the movie Sabse Bada Khiladi.
- 2000: Kumar’s starring role in the Priyadarshan-directed comedy Hera Pheri marks a turning point for his career as a critically-acclaimed actor.
- 2012: His movies Housefull 2 and Rowdy Rathore are huge hits in his home country, earning over $40 million at the box office.
- 2020: His only release of the year, Laxmii, marks Kumar’s first foray into streaming services, released exclusively on Disney+ Hotstar.
Favorite Akshay Kumar Quotes
Akshay Kumar has spoken on a broad range of subjects throughout his many media appearances, offering his insights into film production and the entertainment industry.
He’s also offered some perceptive insights into the nature of success and how he handles being in the public eye on a day-to-day basis.
Here are our favorite quotes from Akshay Kumar:
- ” No one has got close enough to use or abuse me, and even if they did, I wouldn’t get too emotional about it. The only thing I ever get emotional about is my family. I am kind to everyone but I trust no one. That keeps me from getting hurt.” – Akshay Kumar
- ” Superstars come and go. I want to make sure I am always a producer’s actor. I may be refused to be called a great actor but I have never troubled any of my producers in my life. Honesty always catches the camera, and that is what my strength is.” – Akshay Kumar
- ” Always think twice before you decide to do anything for a film. It may seem like a career-changing idea, but think of your family and your future before doing anything risky. Train properly, because looking strong and being strong are two different things.” – Akshay Kumar
- ” I have earned enough money in my life. When I started my career, for about 10 years, I told myself I want to make money. Now, I just want to do different roles.” – Akshay Kumar
- “Youth is a lifestyle; it’s not a blessing from God. If we treat our bodies as if they are not the most precious things we possess, then obviously we will show wear and tear. We’re like a good pair of jeans. If we take care of them, they’ll remain classic forever, but if we batter and abuse them they’ll look like tattered old rags. ” – Akshay Kumar
View our larger collection of Akshay Kumar quotes.
3 Amazing Lessons From Akshay Kumar
Now that you know all about Akshay Kumar’s net worth, let’s explore some of the lessons we can learn from his life and career.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Akshay Kumar:
1. If You Wish To Acquire Wisdom, You Must Observe Those Around You
Akshay Kumar is a firm believer in the importance of observation when it comes to acquiring new skills and developing talent.
This is evident in his many martial arts accomplishments, as well as his ability to switch easily from one movie genre to another.
2. Drinking Alcohol Is Overrated
While Kumar has said he has drunk alcohol in the past, these days he’s a committed teetotaller who never drinks and says he’s much healthier for it.
3. Never Be Afraid To Embrace Your Feminine Side
A sound word of advice for any male fans of Kumar, embracing your feminine side opens up new emotional avenues to explore and helps you to develop a better personality.
That wraps up this guide to Akshay Kumar’s net worth, and how the Indian megastar has earned his impressive fortune.
One of the biggest stars working in the Bollywood industry, Kumar’s many movies have proven to be smash hits at the box office and helped make him a household name.
With his career showing no signs of slowing down, his net worth is likely to change, so be sure to check back on this article in the future for the latest information.
As of October 2022, Akshay Kumar’s net worth is estimated to be $240 Million.