What is Ivica Zubac’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$22 Million|
|Born:||March 18, 1997|
|Country of Origin:||Croatia|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional NBA Player|
|Last Updated:||November 29, 2022|
Ivica Zubac is a Croatian professional basketball player who is currently a center for the NBA’s Los Angeles Clippers.
Zubac was the 32nd overall selection in the 2016 NBA Draft after starting his professional career in Europe.
As of March 2023, Ivica Zubac’s net worth is estimated to be $22 Million.
Ivica Zubac Facts
- Zubac was born and raised in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina, a city on the Croatia border.
- He began his professional career in 2013 as a member of Zrinjevac in the Croatian First Basketball League.
- Zubac spent several years in Europe, playing for Cibona in Croatia and Mega Leks in Serbia until he was 19 years old.
- In 2016, Zubac was drafted at the start of the second round (32nd overall) by the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Zubac currently plays for the Lakers crosstown rival, the Los Angeles Clippers, after being acquired by the team in a trade along with Michael Beasley.
Ivica Zubac was born 18 March 1997 in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina and grew up in the city.
Zubac joined the Cibona basketball club as a teenager, training with their youth system in preparation for a professional career.
In 2013, Zubac began playing professional basketball, playing for three clubs over four years, including Mega Leks.
Zubac became eligible for the NBA Draft in 2016, and was selected 32nd overall by the Los Angeles Lakers.
During the early part of his career, Zubac split time between the Lakers and their NBA G League affiliate, playing in 114 total games for Los Angeles.
Throughout his time with the Lakers, Zubac averaged 6.4 points, 3.9 rebounds, and 0.7 blocks per game before being traded.
Zubac was sent along with Michael Beasley to the Los Angeles Clippers for Mike Muscala, instantly becoming a starter with his new team.
Ever since, Zubac has been a staple of the Clippers lineup, appearing in over 250 games with the team and averaging nearly 10 points per game.
Ivica Zubac’s Career Earnings
At the beginning of his career, Ivica Zubac earned a low salary due to being a second round selection, but was able to earn himself a new contract that has paid him well.
Prior to the 2022-23 season, Zubac signed a contract with the Los Angeles Clippers that began making him eight figures per year.
The figures of Ivica Zubac’s earnings are based on his publicly announced contracts, but are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.
Here’s an estimated overview of Ivica Zubac’s career earnings:
- Ivica Zubac’s Salary In 2016 – $1 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Salary In 2017 – $1.3 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Salary In 2018 – $1.5 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Salary In 2019 – $6.4 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Salary In 2020 – $7 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Salary In 2021 – $7.5 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Salary In 2022 – $10.1 Million
Zubac has two years left on his contract following the 2022-23 NBA season, with all of the money guaranteed.
In the 2023-24 season, Zubac will earn $10.9 million while the final year of his contract will earn him $11.7 million before he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
Ivica Zubac’s Net Worth Annually
Because he was already playing professionally overseas, so he was earning a livable wage before making it to the NBA.
Thanks to an NBA salary and a new contract that came after the 2018-19 season, Zubac’s net worth has increased tremendously.
The figures of Ivica Zubac’s net worth are estimated in regard to his NBA salaries and endorsements and are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.
Here’s a breakdown of Ivica Zubac’s annual net worth:
- Ivica Zubac’s Net Worth In 2016 – $750,000
- Ivica Zubac’s Net Worth In 2017 – $1.5 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Net Worth In 2018 – $2.5 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Net Worth In 2019 – $6.5 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Net Worth In 2020 – $10.5 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Net Worth In 2021 – $15 Million
- Ivica Zubac’s Net Worth In 2022 – $22 Million
With two years left on his contract, Zubac’s net worth is projected to reach upward of $40 million by 2024.
Zubac will become a free agent in 2025 during the prime of his career, and will almost certainly sign another lucrative contract that adds to his net worth.
Ivica Zubac is the son of Dijana and Ivan Zubac and the cousin of former NBA player Zoran Planinic.
Zubac does not have any children and is in a relationship with Croatian model Kristina Prisc that started during his European career.
The couple became engaged and were scheduled to be married in 2020, but pushed their wedding back to August 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ivica Zubac is active on social media with an official Instagram account and an official Twitter account that are both updated from time to time.
Awards & Achievements
Ivica Zubac was one of the most decorated young basketball players in Croatian history and started racking up individual awards early on.
Zubac didn’t play in the NCAA, instead going straight to the NBA from Europe, and has achieved a lot as a player.
As he gets more playing time in the prime years of his career, Zubac is setting out to earn more individual awards at the NBA level.
Here are some of the awards and achievements from Ivica Zubac’s career:
- Averaged 17.6 points and 7.9 rebounds per game during the 2015 FIBA Under-19 World Championship.
- Selected to the All-Tournament Second Team at the 2015 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship.
- First player to score 20+ points and college 15+ rebounds on 100% shooting in an NBA game.
- Three consecutive NBA Playoffs appearances with the Los Angeles Clippers from 2019 to 2021.
- Played in the highest level of professional basketball in Croatia and the FIBA Europe Cup.
Zubac has had strong performances throughout his career, and is hoping that he can make a deeper playoff run that results in an NBA Championship.
On an individual basis, Zubac is also searching for his first NBA All Star Game appearance, joining the 14 other foreign-born players including Joel Embiid to accomplish that feat.
How Does Ivica Zubac Spend His Money?
Ivica Zubac is still a ways away from being one of the richest NBA players in the world like teammate Kawhi Leonard, but has over $20 million in net worth to play with.
Zubac does appear to be the type to start looking at the most expensive cars in the world as he earns more money, and currently has a new Range Rover that’s estimated to be around $100,000.
Playing for Steve Ballmer and one of the richest NBA teams has had Zubac start looking at some of the most expensive houses in the world and dropped big bucks on his Encino, California house.
In late 2021, Zubac spent $4.8 million on the 5,300 square foot home that features five bedrooms and six bathrooms while selling his Mar Vista home for $3.5 million.
Ivica Zubac has been a professional basketball player since his mid-teens and continues to play at a high level in the NBA.
Zubac is a rebound machine while he’s on the court, and is a perfect fit for Los Angeles Clippers as they pursue the franchise’s first NBA Championship.
Here are some of the best highlights of Ivica Zubac’s career:
- Played for the top level of professional basketball in Croatia, and was a member of the Croatian junior national team.
- Won a silver medal at the 2015 FIBA U19 World Championship in Greece.
- Selected in the second round of the 2016 NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Averaged a career-high 10.3 points and 8.5 rebounds per game in the 2021-22 with the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Reached the NBA Playoffs for the first time in 2019, appearing in four games and scoring 20 total points.
Despite being in the NBA for more than six years, Ivica Zubac is just now entering the prime of his career and will certainly add to his resume.
There is already plenty for Zubac to be proud of in his career, and he’s hoping that he can add NBA Champion to his long list of professional accomplishments.
Favorite Ivica Zubac Quotes
Ivica Zubac hasn’t had the typical life as he played professionally as a teenager and came over the United States while relatively unknown.
Since then, Zubac has settled into his life in North America and has become one of the more endearing players in the league.
Here are our favorite quotes from Ivica Zubac:
- ” When you’re not getting minutes, you’re doubting every shot you take.” – Ivica Zubac
- ” Of course I want to be on the floor in the fourth (quarter).” – Ivica Zubac
- ” It’s hard to fall asleep after a game. I often go to sleep at 4 am because I’m thinking about the game and my mind is racing.” – Ivica Zubac
- ” What really pushed me into chasing basketball even more was my cousin making the NBA.” – Ivica Zubac
- ” It was always my dream to play in the NBA, especially for the Lakers because they’re the greatest franchise ever.” – Ivica Zubac
3 Amazing Lessons From Ivica Zubac
Ivica Zubac is one of the most glaring examples of a foreign-born player that came to the United States and found fortune and fame.
Zubac brings a lot of real world experience to the NBA, and has learned a lot about himself and various cultures around the world.
Now that you know all about Ivica Zubac’s net worth, the Bosnian-Croatian has learned a lot in life that he’s shared with people over the years.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Ivica Zubac:
1. Take Advantage Of Opportunities
Even from a young age, Ivica Zubac has done a lot with the opportunities that have been given to him on the basketball court.
Zubac is one of those players that doesn’t want to leave the court, even to catch his breath, because he wants to make the next big play or score the go-ahead basket.
Even in the most pressure-filled moments imaginable, Zubac wants the game in his hands instead of being a spectator on the court.
2. Focus On Improving
While you shouldn’t dwell too much on any particular success or failure for too long, you should always find ways to improve in the future.
Ivica Zubac is one of those players that is always looking at opportunities for improvement, staying up late after a game and studying film.
As a result, Zubac has shown a lot of improvement on the court and has earned himself more opportunities in the NBA.
3. Don’t Be Afraid To Find New Pastures
Ivica Zubac had a chance to stick around in Bosnia, Serbia, and Croatia where he could’ve been one of the biggest athletes in the region.
Instead, Zubac made his way to the United States to take on the best competition in the world, and taking that chance has paid massive dividends.
Now, Zubac is poised to have a long NBA career and will make tens of millions before it’s all said and done, which wouldn’t have been possible in his home country.
There have been plenty of foreign-born players to make it in the NBA, though not all have been as successful as Ivica Zubac.
Zubac has been able to live out his dream of playing in the NBA and for the Los Angeles Lakers, which not many can say.
Though he’s no longer with the Lakers, Zubac is still going strong in the NBA and is working toward his first NBA Championship.
As of March 2023, Ivica Zubac’s net worth is estimated to be $22 Million.