What is Jalen Brunson’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$1.5 Million|
|Born:||August 31, 1996|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional NBA Player|
|Last Updated:||November 29, 2022|
Jalen Marquis Brunson has been playing professionally in the NBA since 2018, having originally been drafted by the Dallas Mavericks.
After making a name for himself in Texas, he was traded to the New York Knicks in 2022, where he currently plays as a point guard.
Since his career is relatively new, we can expect to see much more from him in the future as he continues building his fortune.
As of January 2023, Jalen Brunson’s net worth is estimated to be $1.5 Million.
Jalen Brunson Facts
- In 2015, Brunson was a five-star recruit out of high school, and he was highly desired by many colleges and universities.
- Brunson was chosen by the Dallas Mavericks as their 33rd overall pick in the 2018 NBA draft.
- At the 2014 FIBA Americas U18 Championship game, he won gold while representing the United States.
- He won gold once again at the 2015 World U19 Cup in Greece as a member of the USA Basketball Men’s National Team.
- Jalen Brunson was traded to the New York Knicks in 2022 and signed a $104 million four-year contract with them.
Jalen Marquis Brunson was born August 31, 1996, in New Brunswick, New Jersey, to Sandra and Rick Brunson.
His father, Rick, played nine seasons with the NBA, and the family lived in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, until Jalen was in sixth grade.
They ended up moving seven times before eventually settling in Lincolnshire, Illinois, where Jalen started playing basketball for Stevenson High School.
Jalen excelled on the court throughout his high school career, and he was ranked as a five-star recruit by the time of his graduation, with numerous schools looking to scout him.
However, he committed to attending Villanova University, and he officially started playing for them in 2015.
During his time with the Villanova Wildcats, he won numerous awards, particularly during his junior year, including the Oscar Robertson Trophy, the John R. Wooden Award, and the Bob Cousy Award.
Instead of continuing for Villanova during his senior year, he announced his eligibility for the NBA draft in 2018 and, despite dropping out, was named the college basketball player of the decade by Sporting News.
Jalen Brunson was selected as the Dallas Mavericks’ 33rd overall pick in the 2018 NBA draft, but he didn’t sign with them until after playing in the NBA Summer League.
He made his official debut in October against the Phoenix Suns, scoring three points, one rebound, and one assist.
During his rookie season, he was named Amateur Athlete of the Year by the Philadelphia Sports Writers Association, and on the same day, he scored a career-high eight assists and his first double-double.
The 2020-21 season saw him average career-high points, assists, and rebounds across the board, and he finished in fourth for the NBA Sixth Man of the Year Award.
In 2022, he was traded to the New York Knicks, where he signed a four-year contract for $104 million.
He debuted against the Memphis Grizzlies in October 2022, scoring 15 points, nine assists, and six rebounds for his team.
Jalen Brunson’s Career Earnings
His current contract with the New York Knicks is set up to make him remarkably wealthy, so we’re expecting to see his net worth skyrocketing in the next couple of years.
- From 2018 to 2021, as a member of the Dallas Mavericks, Jalen Brunson’s average annual salary was $1.5 million.
- In 2022, he signed a four-year contract with the New York Knicks for $104 million.
- For the 2022-23 season, Brunson’s annual salary is estimated to be $27.7 million.
Brunson may even become one of the richest NBA players in the world if he continues playing as well as he has and doesn’t retire early.
Although there isn’t a lot of information about Jalen Brunson’s personal life, we do know that he got engaged to his girlfriend, Ali Marks, in 2022. He is also quite active online.
On his official website, he posts about his career but also about the causes he supports, such as Operation Warm and Covenant House. He also runs a scholarship for Stevenson High School that fans can donate to.
Awards & Achievements
While all of the awards he’s earned are significant, we’ve chosen to highlight the ones that carry the most prestige.
Here are some of Jalen Brunson’s greatest awards and career honors:
- Jalen Brunson was named the FIBA Under-19 World Cup MVP.
- The same year, he was named the USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year and Illinois Mr. Basketball.
- In 2018, he won the Robert V. Geasey Trophy during his final season of college basketball.
- He also won the Bob Cousy Award and was named the National College Player of the Year in 2018.
- Brunson was an NCAA champion twice, in 2016 and 2018.
Although he hasn’t won as many awards as Klay Thompson, Brunson has earned many important distinctions during his time on the court.
As his career continues, we expect to see him pick up many more honors while playing for some of the richest NBA teams in the world.
How Does Jalen Brunson Spend His Money?
Despite his growing fame in the NBA, not much is known about how Jalen Brunson spends his money.
However, given his net worth and team affiliation, we can assume that he lives comfortably near one of the most expensive cities in the US, New York City.
Should any concrete information about his spending habits become available, we will be sure to keep you updated.
Jalen Brunson has experienced many memorable moments during his career as a professional basketball player.
However, we’ve chosen to highlight the milestones that have had the greatest career on his fame and fortune overall.
Here are some of the best highlights of Jalen Brunson’s career:
- Brunson started his college basketball career in 2015 with the Villanova Wildcats.
- During his junior year in 2018, he won many honors, including Naismith Player of the Year, the Associated Press College Basketball Player of the Year, the Oscar Robertson Trophy, and the John R. Wooden Award.
- He was selected 33rd overall by the Dallas Mavericks during the 2018 NBA draft.
- In 2020, he finished fourth in voting for the NBA Sixth Man of the Year Award.
- Brunson signed a $104 million contract with the New York Knicks in 2022.
While these are only a few of the milestones he has reached, they are the ones that have influenced his career the most.
Favorite Jalen Brunson Quotes
Jalen Brunson has quickly become a fan favorite on the court, thanks to his talents and dedication to the game.
He’s able to stay calm under pressure and make the best out of any situation, something that has helped him excel as a professional.
Here are our favorite quotes from Jalen Brunson:
- “I just know I can’t force things. I’ve just got to play the right way, make sure I’m making the right play at the right time.” – Jalen Brunson
- “My parents always told me never to be a follower, always be a leader. It’s very difficult to do, to step out and be different and not follow the norm.” – Jalen Brunson
- “I just feel like I’ve been in a lot of high-pressure situations, and I think I’m able to stay poised in those situations.” – Jalen Brunson
- “I think every time I step on the court, I’m just preparing myself to be the best player I can be, be the best teammate I can be as well.” – Jalen Brunson
- “Good leaders, good team players, know how to make the most of everything.” – Jalen Brunson
3 Amazing Lessons From Jalen Brunson
There is a lot that we can learn from Jalen Brunson and his career as a professional basketball player.
Now that you know all about Jalen Brunson’s net worth, we can take a closer look at what he can teach us about reaching our own goals.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Jalen Brunson:
1. Make The Most Out Of Every Situation
The road to success isn’t an easy one, and you’re going to have to learn to find the silver lining in everything if you want to get ahead.
There is always something positive to be found if you’re willing to look for it, so don’t let yourself be held back when things don’t go your way.
2. Learn How To Stay Calm Under Pressure
Everyone who is successful has learned how to stay calm under pressure, and it is a skill that you will have to work on if you want to get ahead.
This isn’t something that you will achieve overnight, but it is something that you should constantly be aware of and working towards.
3. Don’t Be Afraid To Stand Out
If you want to be successful, you have to be comfortable standing out from the crowd and getting recognized.
Learn to speak up for yourself so that your ideas won’t get overshadowed by others, and do your best not to withdraw due to shyness.
Jalen Brunson has quickly become a fan favorite on the New York Knicks, and his career is just getting started.
He has already earned a solid fortune, and we wholly expect to see his wealth continue to increase in the future.
Make sure to check back often so that you won’t miss any updates on Brunson’s ongoing career and increasing wealth.
As of January 2023, Jalen Brunson’s net worth is estimated to be $1.5 Million.