What is Kevin Costner’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$250 Million|
|Born:||January 18, 1955|
|Height:||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Actor|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Kevin Costner is an American actor, film director, and entrepreneur with extensive filmography and a list of awards to his credit.
His film Dances with Wolves paved the way for a series of box office hits, helping him to become one of the highest-paid actors in the world.
As of February 2023, Kevin Costner’s net worth is estimated to be $250 Million.
Kevin Costner Facts
- Kevin Costner has a wide range of ancestry to his name, including English, Irish, Scottish, German, and Swiss-German ancestry.
- When Costner was a teenager, he sang in the Baptist church choir, as well as taking writing classes, and tried his hand at poetry.
- When he was 18 years old, he built his own canoe and used it to paddle down the rivers used by Lewis and Clark on their way to the Pacific Ocean.
- His debut movie, Sizzle Beach USA, was filmed in 1978-9 but wasn’t released in theaters until 1981 and rereleased in 1986.
- In 1983, he made an appearance in the television commercial for Apple Lisa and Table Five.
- Costner is passionate about music and has worked with a band called Modern West.
- His movies Dances with Wolves and Field of Dreams are listed in the American Film Institute’s 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time.
- Costner avoids acting or directing sequels and is one of the few Hollywood stars who refuse to do so.
- He’s a keen supporter of one of the richest soccer teams in the world, Arsenal F.C.
- When the Sioux nation gave him a tract of land following the success of Dances with Wolves, he used it to build a golf course.
Kevin Michael Costner was born in Lynwood, California, on January 18, 1955, to mother Sharon Rae and father William Costner.
Frequently moving due to his father’s career as a utility executive, Costner eventually moved to Orange County, California, where he graduated from Villa Park High School.
Following college, Costner began to pursue acting after meeting iconic British actor Richard Burton, who encouraged him to pursue his ambitions.
Costner’s big break in Hollywood came with his starring role in the gangster movie, The Untouchables, in which he co-starred with Sean Connery and was directed by Brian De Palma.
Effortlessly switching from in front of and behind the camera, Kevin Costner directed and starred in the hit movie Dances with Wolves, becoming one of the richest directors in the world and picking up a long list of awards.
Box office success continued with movies including Bull Durham, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, co-starring Morgan Freeman, and the Whitney Houston vehicle, The Bodyguard.
He enjoyed critical acclaim for his role in the Clint Eastwood movie, A Perfect World, which is widely considered today to be among Clint Eastwood’s finest movies.
Outside of the film industry, Costner has opened an attraction called Tatanka: The Story of the Bison, teaching the history of America’s Western expansion.
People Also Search For:
Kevin Costner’s Career Earnings
With his long and successful career as a film director and star, Kevin Costner has maintained consistently high earnings.
Here’s an estimated overview of Kevin Costner’s career earnings:
- Kevin Costner’s Salary In 1990 – $3 million
- Kevin Costner’s Salary In 1991 – $7 million
- Kevin Costner’s Salary In 1995 – $14 million
- Kevin Costner’s Salary In 1998 – $1.5 million
- Kevin Costner’s Salary In 2000 – $15 million
- Kevin Costner’s Salary In 2002 – $15 million
- Kevin Costner’s Salary In 2006 – $43 million
- Kevin Costner’s Salary In 2010 – $19.4 million
- Kevin Costner’s Salary In 2022 – $40 million
Kevin Costner’s Net Worth Annually
As one of the richest actors in the world, Kevin Costner’s net worth has continued to climb over the years.
Hit movies such as Dances With Wolves and JFK have considerably boosted this net worth.
Here’s a breakdown of Kevin Costner’s annual net worth:
- Kevin Costner’s Net Worth In 2017 – $250 million
- Kevin Costner’s Net Worth In 2018 – $260 million
- Kevin Costner’s Net Worth In 2019 – $265 million
- Kevin Costner’s Net Worth In 2020 – $270 million
- Kevin Costner’s Net Worth In 2021 – $280 million
- Kevin Costner’s Net Worth In 2022 – $300 million
Kevin Costner has been married twice throughout his life, with his first marriage to Cindy Silva in 1978 producing three children, Annie, Lily, and Joe.
Their divorce in 1994 is one of the most expensive divorces in the world, costing Costner an estimated $80 million.
Awards & Achievements
Kevin Costner’s movies have enjoyed huge success and earned the actor and director a long list of awards, nominations, and victories.
These include awards from the Academy Awards, British Academy Awards, and Golden Globe Awards.
Here are some highlights from Kevin Costner’s career:
- 1991: Dances with Wolves picks up two Academy Awards for Best Picture and Best Director.
- 1991: Costner picks up his second award for Dances with Wolves for Best Director at the National Board of Review awards.
- 1993: For his performance in The Bodyguard, Costner picks up several nominations at the MTV Movie and TV Awards, including for Best Male Performance and Most Desirable Male.
- 2012: Costner wins the Primetime Emmy AwardOutstanding Lead Actor for his role in Hatfields & McCoys.
- 2013: For his work in the movie industry, Costner receives an Honorary César from the César Awards.
How Does Kevin Costner Spend His Money?
Kevin Costner is known for his impressive wealth, which he uses to invest in multiple business ventures ranging from CBD oil to casinos.
In April 2006, he spent $28.5 million on an oceanfront ranch in Santa Barbara County, California, a price comparable to some of the most expensive houses in the world.
Contrary to the lifestyle of many rich and famous actors who are known for driving some of the most expensive cars in the world, Costner has been seen driving a Toyota pickup truck to get around his ranch.
Here are some of the best highlights of Kevin Costner’s career:
- 1985: Kevin Costner gets his first taste of stardom after appearing in the film, Silverado, leading to an appearance in the Steven Spielberg-produced series, Amazing Stories.
- 1989: His role in the baseball movie Field Of Dreams raises Costner’s profile as one of the hottest leading men working in Hollywood.
- 1990: Dances with Wolves becomes Costner’s biggest critical and commercial success to date, earning 12 Academy Awards nominations and earning over $400 million at the box office.
- 1996: An avid golfer, Costner returns to the sports movie genre for Tin Cup, earning him a nomination for Best Actor at the Golden Globe Awards.
- 2003: Kevin Costner returns once again to the Western genre for Open Range, earning critical and commercial acclaim.
Favorite Kevin Costner Quotes
Over the course of his illustrious career, Kevin Costner has conducted hundreds of interviews to discuss his work in the film industry.
He’s also shared some unique insights into his philosophy on life that can help us to navigate our own life issues more effectively.
Here are our favorite quotes from Kevin Costner:
- ” When I played Robin Hood, I knew the great role was Alan Rickman’s, and it didn’t bother me. I always think that leading actors should be called the best-supporting actors.” – Kevin Costner
- ” I had a difficult time hearing my own inner voice about what I wanted to be in this life because there were all these perfect examples of what a man actually does. The notion is that he goes to college, gets married, and provides. That’s what a man does.” – Kevin Costner
- ” I wanted very much to do Traffic and at one point it looked like I was going to work on it. And then, of course, Catherine Zeta-Jones had her relationship with Michael Douglas and it suddenly didn’t happen.” – Kevin Costner
- ” We all have that burning question about what happens if we lose somebody we love, especially if we lose them tragically. We wonder what fear was going on, we wonder if we could have reached out and touched them, held their hand, looked in their eyes, been there.” – Kevin Costner
- ” We stand our best chance of leaving a legacy to those who want to learn, our children, by standing firm. In matters of style, hey, swing with the stream. But in matters of principle, you need to stand like a rock.” – Kevin Costner
View our larger collection of Kevin Costner quotes.
3 Amazing Lessons From Kevin Costner
Now that you know all about Kevin Costner’s net worth, it’s time to explore some of the incredible lessons we can learn from his experiences.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Kevin Costner:
1. If You Have The Chance To Learn From The Best, Take It
Early in his career, Kevin Costner was fortunate enough to have a chance encounter with the iconic British actor Richard Burton.
If you want to be successful in any domain and have the opportunity to learn from a veteran, embrace it with everything you have.
2. Don’t Be Afraid To Try New Creative Endeavors
While Costner was enjoying huge success as an actor and earning critical acclaim for movies such as The Untouchables, he didn’t let this box him in.
When the chance to direct Dances with Wolves came up, he took on the new challenge and earned a reputation as a great director.
3. Always Make Sure You Learn From Your Mistakes
As a young boy, Kevin Costner landed himself in trouble when he stole some candy from a store.
When his father asked him why he took it he replied, “because I’m hungry”, but his father made sure he understood that it wasn’t his to take.
That wraps up this guide to Kevin Costner’s net worth and the starring roles and directing accomplishments that have secured his reputation as one of Hollywood’s most successful men.
His career has seen Costner pick up two Academy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, and a Primetime Emmy award.
Since his career is far from over and he continues to appear in movies, his net worth will change over time, so be sure to return to this article for the latest updates.
As of February 2023, Kevin Costner’s net worth is estimated to be $250 Million.