What is Christy Turlington’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$40 Million|
|Born:||January 2, 1969|
|Height:||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Model|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Christy Turlington appeared in numerous magazines and advertising campaigns as a supermodel, starting her career in 1983.
While she is still actively modeling today, she also moonlights as a writer and has released her own skincare and clothing lines.
As of November 2022, Christy Turlington’s net worth is estimated to be $40 Million.
Christy Turlington Facts
- Since 1987, Christy Turlington has appeared on nearly 1,000 magazine covers, including Allure, Vogue, Esquire, and Harper’s Bazaar.
- In 1993, Christy Turlington appeared on People Magazine‘s 50 Most Beautiful People list.
- Christy Turlington became an Advocate for Maternal Health for the international humanitarian organization CARE in 2005.
- Turlington made her directorial debut in 2010 with the documentary, No Woman, No Cry, which focuses on pregnant women and their caregivers across the world.
- In 2010, Turlington founded the non-profit organization, Every Mother Counts.
Christy Nicole Turlington was born January 2, 1969, in Oakland, California, the middle of three daughters born to Marie Elizabeth and Dwain Turlington.
Her mother was a flight attendant from El Salvador, and her father was a pilot for Pan American World Airways.
When she was riding a horse in Miami, Florida, where her father was working as a training captain, she was discovered by a local photographer.
While attending Monte Vista High School, Christy began modeling after school when she was 14 and continued until she was 16.
After turning 18, she moved to New York City to pursue a full-time modeling career and attended Gallatin School of Individualized Study from 1994 to 1999, graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Later, she continued her studies at the Columbia University School of Public Health while taking as many modeling jobs as she could.
During the 1990s, Turlington started appearing in international fashion magazines, including Vogue, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, Glamour, Allure, and Cosmopolitan.
She was also featured in numerous ad campaigns for big luxury brands such as Calvin Klein, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Versace, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Michael Kors, Donna Karan, and Jason Wu.
Turlington also appeared in two music videos, one for Duran Duran and one for George Michael, that was later shown at his 2008 concert.
In 2008, Turlington landed a place on one of the 14 covers of V Magazine, with each cover showing a headshot of a famous model, and the following year she was featured in the Bally spring/summer campaign.
Turlington’s latest modeling job saw her close the 2019 Autumn Winter walk for Marc Jacobs.
Aside from her modeling career, Turlington is also a director, having made her debut with her documentary No Woman, No Cry in 2010.
She has also founded her own non-profit, Every Mother Counts, geared towards making childbirth safe for every mother.
Christy Turlington’s Career Earnings
Christy Turlington hasn’t yet become one of the richest models in the world, but she has certainly earned a decent-sized fortune in the industry.
Unfortunately, information about her annual salary has never been made public, though we do know a bit about how she accumulated her wealth.
- Since 1987, Turlington has appeared on nearly 1,000 magazine covers.
- Turlington represented Calvin Klein in their Eternity campaign in 1989 and again in 2014.
- In the 2000s, Turlington partnered with Sundari, an ayurvedic skincare line, and released two clothing lines with Puma.
- Turlington has also served as a guest correspondent for the Today Show and was an initial product tester for the Apple Watch.
All of these projects and ventures have helped Christy Turlington grow her net worth into something remarkably substantial.
Christy Turlington met actor Edward Burns at a party in the Hamptons, and by the end of the year, the pair were engaged.
In 2002, just months after buying an upscale property in New York, the pair split up but managed to reconcile, tying the knot officially in 2003.
Christy and Edward have two children together; Grace, who was born in 2003, and Finn, who was born in 2006.
Turlington practices yoga three times per week and even authored a book about it titled Living Yoga: Creating A Life Practice in 2002.
Awards & Achievements
As a supermodel, Christy Turlington has achieved a lot throughout her successful modeling career.
While all of her accomplishments have been important, some are more noteworthy than others.
Here are some of the most significant honors from Christy Turlington’s career:
- In 2008, for Turlington’s 40th birthday, W magazine ran a special issue featuring photos from throughout her career.
- The same year, Turlington became one of the few models to earn a spot on one of 14 V Magazine covers for their September issue.
- Christy Turlington was named one of Glamour‘s Women of the Year in 2013.
- In 2014, Turlington was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- Turlington was one of 15 women selected to appear on the cover of British Vogue by Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, who was serving as the magazine’s guest editor.
Her name may not be as synonymous with modeling as Heidi Klum, but Christy Turlington has certainly left a lasting mark on the modeling industry.
How Does Christy Turlington Spend Her Money?
While information about Christy Turlington’s spending habits is scarce, we do know that in 2010 she traveled the world to film her documentary, No Woman, No Cry, on her own dime.
The 60-minute film is meant to shed light on maternal health, and Turlington focused on four specific cases in Bangladesh, Tanzania, Guatemala, and the United States.
All of the travel and filming couldn’t have come cheap, and while we don’t know exactly how much Turlington spent on this venture, we expect it was in the millions.
Following the release of her documentary, Turlington also launched her own non-profit, Every Mother Counts, an organization dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe across the world.
Christy Turlington has made a name for herself as much more than a pretty face, and she’s reached some very impressive milestones during her career.
Despite her entire career being filled with success, some points have stood out significantly more than others.
Here are some of the best highlights of Christy Turlington’s career:
- Christy Turlington was discovered by a local photographer in Miami, and she began her modeling career after school when she was 14 in 1983.
- Turlington’s professional career kicked off in the early 1990s when she started appearing in international fashion magazines, including Vogue, Elle, and Marie Claire.
- In 2000, Turlington partnered with skincare brand Sundari and produced two clothing lines with Puma.
- Turlington served as a guest correspondent on NBC’s Today Show, and in 2002 she interviewed the Dalai Lama at his home in India.
- In 2005, Turlington started working with the humanitarian organization CARE and became an ambassador for Product Red.
Christy Turlington may have done a lot during her career, but these are the moments that stand out the most for their overall impact on her fame and wealth.
Favorite Christy Turlington Quotes
Christy Turlington may be best known as a pretty face, but her business sense and natural intelligence are something that can’t be denied.
As a humanitarian, Turlington has spoken out often about raising awareness for causes that need it and used her platform to do a lot of good.
Here are our favorite quotes from Christy Turlington:
- “As a Global Maternal Health Advocate, I get to travel the world quite a bit, meeting individuals and visiting programs with tremendous potential and incredible vision to improve the quality of life for countless others.” – Christy Turlington
- “I sincerely feel that beauty largely comes from within.” – Christy Turlington
- “Getting older is baggage for so many people, but I don’t spend time on things I can’t control. Wrinkles don’t scare me; they’re a part of life, and I will and do embrace them, but I look at surgery, and that scares me.” – Christy Turlington
- “I have lots of other mountains that I would like to climb. I have no dream of Everest, but there are some, like Mount Fuji, I’d like to do.” – Christy Turlington
- “The way I try to live is ‘Be here now.’ Be your best self now.” – Christy Turlington
3 Amazing Lessons From Christy Turlington
There are many things we can learn from Christy Turlington and her long career in the spotlight.
Now that you know all about Christy Turlington’s net worth, we can look at what she can teach us about finding our own personal success.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Christy Turlington:
1. Give Back When You Can
If you’re in a position to give back and help people who need it most, you absolutely should.
Not only will it make you feel good, giving you a solid motivation boost, but it can be just the thing someone else needs to jumpstart their own goals.
2. One Man’s Kilimanjaro Is Another Man’s Everest
Not everyone measures success the same way, and not everyone has the same abilities.
Don’t be discouraged if you can’t reach the same heights others have, because everyone’s journey is unique to them, and you just have to focus on your own path.
Don’t be a fish trying to climb a tree; hone your personal skills and build your own personal brand of success.
3. Live In The Present
Having a plan for the future is essential, but if you hyperfocus on that big picture too much, you miss all the small details going on around you.
Reminding yourself to stay mindful of the here and now is something you should try to do each and every day.
Christy Turlington has made a name for herself as a supermodel and a humanitarian activist.
While she isn’t as active in modeling as she used to be, Turlington is still making waves with her activism and non-profit ventures.
Make sure to check back often to stay updated on any changes impacting Christy Turlington’s fortune!
As of November 2022, Christy Turlington’s net worth is estimated to be $40 Million.