What is Gerard Piqué’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$80 Million|
|Born:||February 2, 1987|
|Height:||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Country of Origin:||Spain|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Soccer Player|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Gerard Piqué has represented the Spanish national soccer team 102 times since the beginning of his career.
He also won the UEFA Euro 2012 and 2010 FIFA World Cup with Barcelona FC and the Spanish national team.
Gerard has been described as one of the top defenders in the world and whose career has included plenty of incredible moments that have had his fans lose their minds.
Apart from his football career, Gerard is also the ex-boyfriend of singing superstar, Shakira.
As of February 2023, Gerard Piqué’s net worth is estimated to be $80 Million.
Gerard Piqué Facts
- At the age of 17 months, Pique had an accident and was hospitalized in a coma after playing football at his grandfather’s house.
- Shakira and Gerard were in a relationship for years and, funnily enough, share the same birthday.
- After the birth of their second child, the couple urged their fans to raise funds to vaccinate children all around the world.
- Gerard was given the nickname “Piquenbauer”, due to his similarities to the legendary soccer player, Franz Beckenbauer.
- When he first joined Manchester United, he wasn’t paid a fee, as he was too young to receive a professional contract.
Gerard Pique Bernabeu was born February 2, 1987, in Barcelona, Spain.
He was born into a Catalan family with strong ties to the local culture and a love for soccer. Football was the lifeblood of the family, with his grandfather once the vice-president of Barcelona FC.
His father, Joan, is a successful business executive as well as an attorney, while his mother, Montserrat, is the director of a spinal injury hospital.
Gerard was passionate about soccer from a young age and joined FC Barcelona’s youth team, where he played as a defensive midfielder in 1997.
He started playing at the age of 10, being the youngest boy on his team, although he was the strongest and tallest amongst his teammates. He went on to join the academy for several years until he transferred to England to join Manchester United.
Gerard was a member of the Spain under-19 team who won the 2006 UEFA European Under-19 Championship. He also played in the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup, being eliminated after Gerard missed a penalty kick.
He debuted at Manchester United in 2004 when he played as a replacement center-back and went on to be a part of the League Cup-winning side. For a while, Gerard would appear as a substitute or would replace players who were injured during the game.
He returned to Barcelona in 2007, helping his team to a Cope Del Rey win in 2009 and making his tournament debut for his country in the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup.
After his Confederations Cup performance, Gerard emerged as the first choice for Spain’s center-back position in the 2010 World Cup side.
In 2012, Gerard played for Spain in the UEFA Euro 2012 campaign and played in the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup. Gerard was on a roll, up until he was sent off in a match against Brazil, for violently tackling Neymar Jr.
At the opening game of UEFA Euro 2016, Gerard scored his fifth goal for his country.
The renewal of his contract with Barcelona meant that he would be staying with the team until 2019. Gerard started on a high note but, unfortunately, his team hit a downward spiral, with aging players who constantly depended on Messi to save the day.
During the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Spain won their group stage, the match marking Gerard’s 100th international appearance. Unfortunately for Spain, Gerard announced that he would be retiring from international football and staying on with his current team.
In 2020, Barcelona hit rock bottom and rumors started spreading that Messi would be leaving the team to pursue other options. This left the team in a frenzy, with Gerard also considering moving to another club.
Gerard ultimately decided to stay with his team and signed a contract that would extend his career with the club up until 2024.
More Professional Soccer Players:
- Franck Ribery Net Worth
- Hector Herrera Net Worth
- Robinho Net Worth
- Dani Alves Net Worth
- Kylian Mbappe Net Worth
Gerard Piqué’s Career Earnings
There is plenty of controversy surrounding Pique’s salary, with Spanish journalists making wild claims.
It is believed that Gerard Pique earns a salary of $10 million annually.
Here’s an estimated overview of Gerard Pique’s annual income:
- Gerard Piqué’s Salary In 2013 – $2 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Salary In 2014 – $2 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Salary In 2015 – $4 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Salary In 2016 – $4 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Salary In 2017 – $6 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Salary In 2018 – $6 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Salary In 2019 – $6 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Salary In 2020 – $10 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Salary In 2021 – $10 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Salary In 2022 – $10 million
With his career drawing to a close, Pique will most likely finish out his contract with Barcelona in 2024 and then play for a year or two at one of the Asian clubs that pay massive salaries to attract aging European football stars.
Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth Annually
In keeping with all top soccer stars, Gerard Pique has a team of advisors to help him build his fortune and prevent his earnings from being depleted by excessive taxes and dubious deals.
Gerard Pique’s net worth is estimated to be $80 million in 2022.
Here’s a breakdown of Gerard Piqué’s annual net worth:
- Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth In 2013 – $50 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth In 2014 – $54 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth In 2015 – $55 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth In 2016 – $60 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth In 2017 – $65 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth In 2018 – $70 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth In 2019 – $75 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth In 2020 – $76 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth In 2021 – $78 million
- Gerard Piqué’s Net Worth In 2022 – $80 million
Gerard’s wealth will continue to grow despite rumors of tax evasion leveled at him by Spanish authorities following his break-up with Shakira in mid-2022.
Up until recently, Gerard was in a relationship with one of the richest singers in the world, superstar Shakira, the two having met during the recording of Shakira’s hit song “Waka Waka”, for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
The couple travel between their homes in Spain and South America and have two children, Sasha Pique Mabarak and Milan Pique Mebarak.
The couple announced they would be splitting up in June 2022 after 11 years of being in a relationship. The couple split for unknown reasons but Gerard has been seen with a new girl on his arm recently.
Awards & Achievements
Gerard Pique has been winning awards for his soccer ability since he was a youngster and his prodigious talent is acknowledged worldwide.
Playing against the greatest players of the modern game, Gerard is able to hold his own and come out on top with his awesome skills.
Here are some of the more memorable moments from Gerard Piqué’s career:
- He was listed as the 19th highest-paid player in 2017, behind Cristiano Ronaldo, teammates Lionel Messi and Neymar Jr. as well as Gareth Bale and Zlatan Ibrahimovic from his old club Manchester United.
- Gerard has won the Spanish Champion award eight times, each year from 2009 to 2011, and then again in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019.
- In 2010, Gerard was part of the Spanish national team that became the FIFA World Cup Winners.
- He is a six-time Spanish Super Cup Winner between 2010 and 2019.
- Gerard won the English League Cup in 2006 with Manchester United.
- In 2006, he was part of the team who won the European Under-19 Champions Cup.
With a few years still left to play, Pique will undoubtedly receive further awards and wins as he winds down as one of the best defensive players the game has ever seen.
How Does Gerard Piqué Spend His Money?
Property features high on Gerard and Shakira’s investment list, with the couple having purchased a three-story mansion in Barcelona for 5 million Euros.
He loves cars and can be seen driving some of the most expensive cars in the world when not sitting behind the wheel of his latest sponsored vehicle.
Gerard has also founded and invested large sums in Kosmos Holdings, which went on to sign a $3 billion partnership with the International Tennis Federations. This investment has helped to transform the Davis Cup competition.
With his investments in Kosmos Holding producing excellent returns, Gerard purchased FC Andorra and Gimnastic Manresa.
He faced legal issues with the Spanish government due to the accusation that he created a scheme to pay less tax and was punished with a 2 million Euro fine.
Gerard comes from a family with a strong business background as well as an interest in local politics and football.
He is now at the end of his playing career and looks forward to eventually following in his grandfather’s footsteps by becoming chairman of Barcelona.
Here are some of the best highlights of Gerard Piqué’s career:
- Gerard not only plays football but has also taken an interest in the business side of the football industry. He currently owns FC Andorra and holds most of the shares in Gimnastic Manresa.
- He receives a large part of his income through endorsements, which are estimated to be $3 million, with his major sponsor being Nike.
- Gerard founded Kosmos Holding, which signed a $3 billion partnership with the International Tennis Federation to transform the Davis Cup.
- In 2010, Gerard played in the Spanish team who walked away with the FIFA World Cup trophy.
- He also played in the 2012 Euro Cup, which the team won in the final match against Italy.
It is unlikely that he will play for the national team again as he is now at the end of his career, but he is sure to win a few more trophies and awards before he hangs up his boots for good.
Favorite Gerard Piqué Quotes
Gerard is always the consummate professional, always thinking carefully about how best to manage his career and business interests. His thoughtful approach to football ensured that he was a success both on the pitch and in the boardroom.
Here are our favorite quotes from Gerard Piqué:
- “Evolution is all about looking forward.” – Gerard Piqué
- “We have to enjoy ourselves and go for every trophy we can.” – Gerard Piqué
- “Sometimes you’re more involved in controversy, and at other times, you’re disconnected.” – Gerard Piqué
- “It is essential to have equilibrium in your life.” – Gerard Piqué
“We try to study our rivals, so we know where to improve.” – Gerard Piqué
3 Amazing Lessons From Gerard Piqué
After achieving as much as any soccer player could hope for, Gerard has gone on to prepare the way for a business career after he retires from football.
Now that you know all about Gerard Piqué’s net worth, here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Gerard Piqué:
1. Loyalty Is Everything
No matter what happens to his team, Gerard stands by them, supporting their decisions and urging them to do better.
2. Take Notes From Your Rivals
It is important that you know what your opposition is capable of. By studying your rivals, you will benefit in the long run, as you then know what you’re facing.
3. Always Follow Your Dream
After all that he has achieved, it is interesting to note that Gerard’s dream is to one day be the president of Barcelona. He has worked hard to achieve success on the pitch and will continue to work towards his ultimate dream with the same dedication and tenacity.
Gerard has come a long way in his career, and with his natural talent on the field, it is no wonder that he has achieved so much. Not only is he incredibly wealthy, but he has been part of a soccer era that has produced arguably the most fantastic players ever seen.
Despite his team’s poor showing in recent years, he will continue to play and work hard for Barcelona and his country until he reaches his dream.
As of February 2023, Gerard Piqué’s net worth is estimated to be $80 Million.