Which are your favorite Sarah Paulson quotes?
Sarah Paulson is an American actress. She is famously known for her roles in many critically acclaimed movies and TV series, such as ‘American Horror Story’, ‘The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story’, ’12 Years A Slave’, and ‘Ocean’s 8’.
Paulson has won more than 20 awards throughout her career, including a Primetime Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award. In addition to many of her successes, Time magazine granted her recognition as one of the ‘100 most influential people in the world’ in the artist’s category in 2017.
Here’s a collection of the greatest Sarah Paulson quotes:
40 Greatest Sarah Paulson Quotes
1. “I was constantly, always and forever, trying to perform the musical ‘Annie’ for anyone who would listen, and I have a terrible singing voice. It was the first thing that made me think I wanted to be an actress.” – Sarah Paulson
2. “If I’m not moved from one spot to another, internally, while I’m witnessing it, reading it, consuming it, whatever, I don’t know why we’re being asked to the party.” – Sarah Paulson
3. “There’s a poignancy to being with someone older. I think there’s a greater appreciation of time and what you have together and what’s important, and it can make the little things seem very small. It puts a kind of sharp light mixed with a sort of diffused light on something.” – Sarah Paulson
4. “If you heard me sing, you would just plug your ears and run, screaming, the other way. I promise.” – Sarah Paulson
5. “There’s some bohemian part of me where the idea of falling back on something meant I expected to fail.” – Sarah Paulson
6. “We’re constantly, as human beings, trying to understand why we do what we do and how we got to wherever we find ourselves today. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to look back and go, ‘I can’t believe I spent one day with that person, much less two years.'” – Sarah Paulson
7. “The idea of being on a show where each season stands alone, and you can come back the next year and show an entirely different aspect of your personality or your talent or your anything is an enormous gift that you rarely get in television.” – Sarah Paulson
8. “Being in a hotel room and watching ‘The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ is one of my great joys.” – Sarah Paulson
9. “I don’t feel like a very nostalgic person. I think about the past much more clinically. When I look back and wonder, ‘Why was I doing that? Was it a waste of time?’ I don’t beat myself up. Instead, I say, ‘I’m so glad I did that because now I really know what matters to me.” – Sarah Paulson
10th of 40 Sarah Paulson Quotes
10. “I’m not interested in a character’s goodness. I’m interested in what makes them human.” – Sarah Paulson
11. “To not have any hope is where things start to get really bleak. Things are possible. The impossible can be possible.” – Sarah Paulson
12. “I like to go into an audition room, particularly when they think I’m not right for a part, and really fight for it. There’s something so exciting and challenging about proving to yourself that you can pull it off.” – Sarah Paulson
13. “I’ve never been on a show that’s run for more than a season.” – Sarah Paulson
14. “I work in the ’60s more than I’ve done anything else. I did a movie, called ‘Down with Love’, in the ’60s. I did a movie for HBO about the Johnson administration in the ’60s.” – Sarah Paulson
15. “I had a complicated home life, and my teachers, predominantly my theater teachers and my English teachers, were very dedicated to taking care of me in a particular way. And in doing so, I think I developed a very easy rapport with people older than myself.” – Sarah Paulson
16. “To me, most of life kind of lives in the grey and I don’t just mean morally. I just mean kind of everything. If things were black and white it would be a lot clearer as to what to do all the time.” – Sarah Paulson
17. “My mom worked late, and I was at home a lot by myself. It was good for my imagination – and bad for it, too.” – Sarah Paulson
18. “Sometimes I think on television, you use maybe a tenth of what you are able to do. So it’s nice to go, ‘Well, I’m gonna take two months and reinvest in acting and storytelling.’ You don’t get to do that on television.” – Sarah Paulson
19. “The thing I worry about for myself is I spend a lot of time alone, and another person comes around and you’re like, ‘What are you doing here? Get out of here.” – Sarah Paulson
20th of 40 Sarah Paulson Quotes
20. “I think it’s very important for people to not judge the people you’re playing. You have to find a way to love them because their story is theirs. I just don’t think there would be any use in that.” – Sarah Paulson
21. “Looking back is a way to sharpen the focus on the things you want to change in your life. I think there’s something about nostalgia that really puts a fine point on the here-and-now, and that can be incredibly fascinating and interesting and engaging for the mind.” – Sarah Paulson
22. “My choices in romantic partners have not been conventional, and therefore, the idea that it is ‘other’ makes it compelling.” – Sarah Paulson
23. “It’s OK to sit in the Golden Globe room and look around and think, ‘Oh, Helen Mirren’s a loser tonight, so is Nicole Kidman. Meryl Streep lost tonight. Jessica Lange didn’t win.’ If you’re gonna be in the company of losers, that’s the company to be in.” – Sarah Paulson
24. “My mom moved to New York City alone with a kid on each hip to try to live an authentic artistic life.” – Sarah Paulson
25. “I had gone away from Twitter because before people had been so mean to me. Talking about my lisp and my enormous forehead and all these things. I do have a lisp, I do have a forehead I know you could land a plane on, it’s no mystery to me. I just didn’t have the skin for it.” – Sarah Paulson
26. “I usually feel like the role comes to you to sort of illuminate some piece of where you are in your life. I feel like I myself am a single woman and I’m childless – by choice – at this point, and I don’t know what will happen.” – Sarah Paulson
27. “My choices in life have been unconventional, and that’s my business. But I do want to live responsibly and truthfully without hiding.” – Sarah Paulson
28. “I moved to L.A. and did a two-part episode of this British export show called ‘Cracker.’ I kissed Josh Hartnett. I think Josh Hartnett’s first onscreen kiss was me, unfortunately.” – Sarah Paulson
29. “All my friends went to the Madonna concert when I was in, maybe, the 9th grade and my mother refused to let me go.” – Sarah Paulson
30th of 40 Sarah Paulson Quotes
30. “The mythology is that from chaos comes great work. I actually used to think that when I was younger, and I no longer think that anymore.” – Sarah Paulson
31. “I started auditioning, and the first job I ever got was understudying Amy Ryan in ‘The Sisters Rosensweig’ on Broadway, directed by Daniel Sullivan. I was 18 years old.” – Sarah Paulson
32. “I did an episode of ‘Law & Order,’ where I literally didn’t move my neck because I thought you couldn’t move your head on camera.” – Sarah Paulson
33. “I’m interested in telling the character’s story, not my beliefs, political or otherwise.” – Sarah Paulson
34. “To truly feel seen by another person makes you feel so peaceful.” – Sarah Paulson
35. “All of my friends went to college, and I got a job at Circle Pizza, where I worked for 24 hours. I had to call my mother four times to ask her how to spell Parmesan. I’m not kidding. I was a terrible speller.” – Sarah Paulson
36. “If my life choices had to be predicated based on what was expected of me from a community on either side, that’s going to make me feel really straitjacketed, and I don’t want to feel that.” – Sarah Paulson
37. “American Horror Story’ is my home. It’s the place I feel the most comfortable.” – Sarah Paulson
38. “I love the idea of people walking away with the idea of hope and possibility.” – Sarah Paulson
39. “I’d love to be in the ’70s. I’d love to have a big, long wig parted down the middle with flat-ironed hair and bell-bottoms. They’re actually very flattering for my figure. The wider the leg, the better for a person with a booty.” – Sarah Paulson
40. “I’ve only been to one concert in my life.” – Sarah Paulson
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Sarah Paulson! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Sarah Paulson quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...