Do you ever come across a picture that just sums up something perfectly?
A picture that puts serious meaning to the “a picture says a thousand words” statement. Recently, artists have been creating incredibly clever, and true, images that sum up modern society.
So we scoured the web, and found 25 of the best modern society pictures that truly do say a thousand words. Be prepared to start nodding your head uncontrollably.
The majority of these images were created by artist Steve Cutts, and if any of the other images belong to yourself, feel free to email us the details and we’ll give credit where due!
Take a look at the collection below!
25 Modern Society Pictures Worth A Thousand Words
The Thin Line
1. We’re walking a thin line, don’t you think? On the verge of becoming addicted to life online, and unable to live a life without an internet connection. Does this sound like you?
2. The divide between the rich and the poor is real… And guess what, they’re rubbing it in your face too.
Lack of Connection
3. Far too many of us are guilty of doing this and not connecting with our partners enough. Come on, respect your relationship enough to put down the phone and get back your grip on reality.
Laid to Waste
4. This is the “fun” people will have on their beaches 100 years from now. In the spirit of the competition, I chose to shame the results of the pollution, not the people who are responsible for it. (PRNewsFoto/Jerusalem Press Club)
5. It’s all about perspective… And once we understand why someone may have a particular perspective, we can begin to fix all the problems associated with it.
Look Around You
6. Life is right in front of our eyes, we don’t need to look at a screen to see it. It’s also a much better experience without using a screen as a medium. You should try it sometime.
Caged Like Rats
7. Caged like rats, falling in line…
The Zombie Creator
8. Smartphones are turning us into zombies… I often see families of five in restaurants; every single one of them glued to their screen. No one is connecting with anyone anymore. There used to be a time when smartphones at the table was forbidden.
Greed & War
9. Greed is taking over, and wealth is being prioritized over health. The fast food companies, pharmaceutical companies, and government is putting profits ahead of health.
Poison As Advertised
10. We’ve let fast food poison our lives, and we’ve become so addicted that we look for pills as the only solution to the problems all the junk food causes.
11. Animals are being killed just so we can live like slobs. Do you value the guy’s life above more than all the animals being slayed to keep him alive?
The Monday Blues
12. “The Monday blues” has become a normal occurrence. People are working at jobs they don’t like, praying for the weekend to arrive, only to then get depressed again when Monday rolls back around.
The Employed Slave
13. People have become slaves to their employers. If anyone speaks out, they’ll be put back in their place.
The Pet-Controlled Mind
14. I think this image is dictating that we’ve become slaves to our pets. They are control our lives, and we run around taking care of their needs rather than our own.
The Fat Cat
15. Rich people thrive at the expense of the poor, who serve the wealthy’s needs in order to survive.
The Christmas “Miracle”
16. Christmas time takes advantage of slave labour, and thousands of people are worked to the bone, for very little money, to satisfy our own Christmas needs.
17. The news and the media are also poisoning our minds, with negative and false information. Yet we sit in front of the television everyday and watch it regardless.
18. Honestly, there’s only real caption for this other than that we’ve become lazy slobs.
19. People would rather record what’s going on than actually step in and help anymore. That’s pretty tragic if you let someone else die, because you were busy recording them for your Instagram to try and gain some fame.
20. We’re getting fatter and our TV’s are getting thinner.
Do As Your Told
21. People rarely think for themselves anymore, and just do what they’re told without even giving it a second thought.
Money for Earth
22. The world is quickly being destroyed by people who are greedy and all about the money, which ironically won’t be any good when the earth is gone anyway.
The Brand Junkie
23. We’re a slave to brands that we don’t really need, yet we buy them because they’re popular and everybody else has them. Wasting money and handing over the multinational corporations that produce them.
The New Chain
24. We’re also a slave to our smartphones. We can’t leave the house without them, and we can’t stop checking them throughout the day.
The Happiness Trap
25. We’re told that the root to happiness is more money, so we slave away at a job we hate, in order to bring home more money. At this point you’re trapped, and you’re not really living anymore. You’re checked out.
I think these images are a genius way of showing some of the world’s biggest problems in this generation. You all resonated with these when you looked at them, and you all knew exactly what they meant.