Which are your favorite Chris Noth quotes?
Chris Noth is an American actor.
He is best known for his appearances in the popular TV series ‘Law & Order’ and ‘Sex and the City’.
Throughout his career as an actor, Noth has successfully brought home many prestigious film awards and nominations, including the ‘Theatre World Awards,’ ‘La Costa Film Festival Awards,’ and ‘North Fork TV Festival Awards.’
He’s made appearances in approximately 25 plays, including the widely celebrated plays ‘The Lower Depths’ and ‘A Play of Giants’.
He then made his first appearance on the most preeminent theatres, ‘Broadway,’ when he played a character in ‘The Best Man’.
Up until now, Noth has over 70 acting credits to his name. Some of his most famous projects are the films ‘Cast Away’, ‘Mr. 3000’, and ‘Lovelace’.
Here’s a collection of the greatest Chris Noth quotes:
40 Greatest Chris Noth Quotes
1. “Now I feel like people see me as the Governor from The Good Wife, and they want to stick me in that box … but that’s fine. I’m not actively trying to break a mould; I’m just interested in good material.” – Chris Noth
2. “If you’re an actor in your heart, no matter how much money they shove at you, it doesn’t matter if the work doesn’t provide that creative spark. You want out.” – Chris Noth
3. “Success can be obviously a two-way street.” – Chris Noth
4. “Travelling by plane is such a disaster on most US airlines, so I find a way to fly business or first. It can be a great time to turn off your phone, watch movies you haven’t seen before, or just finish a book – I find it’s a great study time.” – Chris Noth
5. “Hong Kong. I could definitely see myself living there.” – Chris Noth
6. “Law and Order’ is completely story-driven and completely characterless, really. If you do that format for five years and you’re an actor, you’re bound to get bored. It wears on you. And it was really wearing on me.” – Chris Noth
7. “The first real family vacation we had was typically American: we went to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and stayed at the Yankee Clipper. My brother and I were over-the-moon excited. For us, growing up in Stamford, Florida was the biggest thrill in the world – a real beach and palm trees!” – Chris Noth
8. “We talk about, you know, diet and that we shouldn’t give our kids big things and obesity and fast food. Well, you know there are people who don’t have that problem because they’re not getting any food! We have so many deep problems and issues facing humanity.” – Chris Noth
9. “Most people know that forests are the lungs of our planet, literally playing a critical role in every breath we take. And that they’re also home to incredible animals like the orangutan and elephant, which will go extinct if we keep cutting down their forests.” – Chris Noth
10th of 40 Chris Noth Quotes
10. “I cannot explain something that no one has ever figured out.” – Chris Noth
11. “I never wanted to be the lead on a TV drama. It just robs you of your life, really.” – Chris Noth
12. “I don’t mind demanding women.” – Chris Noth
13. “You look around New York, and we are surrounded by restaurants and food trucks, and we celebrate food in this city like no tomorrow.” – Chris Noth
14. “We need healthy forests if we want to protect our climate. As the climate changes, forests become more vulnerable to insect outbreaks, droughts and wildfires. Simultaneously, when our forests are destroyed, their carbon is released back into the atmosphere, further impacting climate change. It’s a horrifying one-two punch.” – Chris Noth
15. “My main objective when I travel is to overcome the ‘fog’ of jetlag; I don’t do well with jetlag. I need to feel like I’ve gotten a full eight hours of sleep. I like to wander. Wandering relaxes me, either going for a run in the park or biking.” – Chris Noth
16. “I like big casts. The experience of working together, that human contact – those are my roots, professionally.” – Chris Noth
17. “Yoga’s hard for me, but I know you can really feel the difference when you do it consistently. I’d rather be playing basketball.” – Chris Noth
18. “I can’t fly economy anymore, for a variety of reasons.” – Chris Noth
19. “In society, we have these unspoken rules of conduct, these ‘shoulds.’ Even though we pride ourselves on being a democracy, there are all these ways we say you ‘should’ behave. But what if you’re living your life by the ‘shoulds’ and you’re not really living your life?” – Chris Noth
20th of 40 Chris Noth Quotes
20. “Everyone feels like family and I am back in the city that I love.” – Chris Noth
21. “For the Sex and the City series finale in Paris, we got to stay at the Plaza Athénée, which was opulent and fantastic. We all felt spoiled.” – Chris Noth
22. “I’ve always used sports as a form of meditation; it’s a great way to get out of your head.” – Chris Noth
23. “Sex and the City changed New York-New York’s become a big shoe store now, unfortunately.” – Chris Noth
24. “I don’t want to be identified by anyone role I do.” – Chris Noth
25. “I have enough attention already. More, I don’t really need.” – Chris Noth
26. “New York used to be so much more than just a place to shop. It was life on the street for the eccentrics; it was an eccentric city. It had many different tastes. Now it’s just one – a really rich one – with big tall glass buildings.” – Chris Noth
27. “For Sex and the City 2, I had to lose weight fast, so I went to this yoga camp in Brazil called The Island Experience on Ilha Grande. For 10 days straight, I had to get up at 6 am to do yoga, then hike all day, and do more yoga when I got back. I’ve never done that in my life. No alcohol, no bread, no sugar. It kicked my ass. But then, that movie was the best I’ve ever looked.” – Chris Noth
28. “I don’t know the politics of Hollywood. Am I hungry for great material? Every actor is. How I can get to it, that’s another story.” – Chris Noth
29. “People are so phobic and crazed about this word ‘commitment.’ It’s weird. Everyone has taken this word to a new height of morality.” – Chris Noth
30th of 40 Chris Noth Quotes
30. “No one ever takes my side.” – Chris Noth
31. “As an actor, you appreciate the security of a job. But I don’t ever want to get too comfortable.” – Chris Noth
32. “I jumped into acting because it was fun. It was tougher when I had to take my fun seriously.” – Chris Noth
33. “At this point in my life, I like the security of a job, while still having time for my young son and to pursue other creative work.” – Chris Noth
34. “Since women ask me about male motives all the time, I can offer a bit of advice. If you feel like you’re going to get hurt then you shouldn’t be there in the first place. That’s the way I look at relationships.” – Chris Noth
35. “I never talk about my private life. When you’re in this business it becomes so precious. I don’t understand when people open up about themselves to the press.” – Chris Noth
36. “As soon as I feel people are talking too much about my character, it’s time to leave.” – Chris Noth
37. “By my third year of Law and Order, I was climbing the walls. But you don’t leave a hit show, especially when you have a five-year contract.” – Chris Noth
38. “I always get involved with the environment because once you go past the tipping point with the environment, you don’t get it back.” – Chris Noth
39. “It’s funny because even with The Good Wife people accuse me of always playing powerful men. But they’re flawed — Big was powerful because he had a lot of money and he seemed to have the upper hand in the relationship, but emotionally he was a wreck.” – Chris Noth
40. “Look, I’m a huge supporter of Obama’s – he’s the first president I ever donated money to. But I think in terms of climate change and the environment, he’s been, at best, disappointing.” – Chris Noth
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Chris Noth! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.