Which are your favorite David Caruso quotes?
David Caruso is an American retired actor and producer.
He is best known for portraying the character Detective John Kelly on the internationally popular crime drama series ‘NYPD Blue’.
Over the course of his acting career, Caruso has successfully made appearances in a wide range of movies, ranging from films in the 80s to TV series well into the 2000s.
He has amassed many prestigious film awards as well, including the ‘Gold Globe Awards’ and ‘Blockbuster Entertainment Awards.’
Some other popular projects Caruso has taken part in are the films ‘Twins’, ‘Kiss of Death,’ and ‘Proof of Life’.
Caruso made the decision to retire from acting after the cancellation of his last project, ‘CSI: Miami’, with him being the only actor to appear in all 232 episodes of the series.
Here’s a collection of the best David Caruso quotes:
40 Famous David Caruso Quotes About Life
1. “I think I found my niche. You say, well, you’ll be on the show for another five years. I don’t see it that way. I see it like, well, I get a chance to do my job for as long as they let me on this show: the daily pursuit of the scene. And that’s what I got into this business for in the first place.” – David Caruso
2. “I’ve collected Andy Warhol art for years now I have two portraits of myself done by Steve Kaufman.” – David Caruso
3. “Don’t even think about cashing out. Stay the course. People are playing a dangerous game right now. This is the time to be putting money in.” – David Caruso
4. “Any story you’ve heard of my behavior is probably true.” – David Caruso
5. “Not to sound too pathetic, but there have been long stretches where I haven’t been able to get a job.” – David Caruso
6. “Now is a very good time to do the rebalancing game, Let’s go where we’re not.” – David Caruso
7. “Television, as you know, can kind of jettison you into a whole new world.” – David Caruso
8. “In Hollywood, if you have any success, you have this fear: What do you have to do to hang onto it?” – David Caruso
9. “Women are not totally nauseous after seeing me.” – David Caruso
10th of 50 David Caruso Quotes
10. “Once they go through it, they see what their stomachs can take. It’s all in emotions.” – David Caruso
11. “A dirty word in the film business right now is intelligence.” – David Caruso
12. “I went from starring in a Paramount movie to unemployment for two years. Literally, I couldn’t get a job for almost two years.” – David Caruso
13. “The key to success is having some discipline, … You don’t have to be rocket scientist.” – David Caruso
14. “It’s taken me a long time to get back into the industry. People were not really open to me working, or being a part of the industry.” – David Caruso
15. “My visibility may have gotten Hollywood to redefine what’s attractive.” – David Caruso
16. “To me, there’s a difference between success and satisfaction.” – David Caruso
17. “It’s like owning a nice piece of real estate. You know it won’t go bankrupt and you get a nice cash flow.” – David Caruso
18. “Miami is one of the great cultural melting pots in the world. I love working and living here.” – David Caruso
19. “A lot of people have success and no satisfaction. I’m after satisfaction.” – David Caruso
20th of 50 David Caruso Quotes
20. “I am starting to realize everything I ever worried about was such a waste of time.” – David Caruso
21. “Anne takes three years, … with all these terrific brush strokes, to bring you back to what appears to be the source of that pain, the source of that conflict. It appears to be this broken family and the prodigal son, these things he can’t really embrace because they’re not his. And that appears to be what the source of all this is.” – David Caruso
22. “It really comes down to the fact that, because I was perceived as a bad guy for leaving the show, I think people were rooting against the movies. That was really unfortunate.” – David Caruso
23. “In a funny way, we are more resonant in the foreign markets than we are domestically. That’s why I think it is very important to come and connect with the journalists here and viewers here because our relationship with the larger landscape is here.” – David Caruso
24. “I learned that unemployment can be the great educator.” – David Caruso
25. “Having a little boy has taken me to a very deep place.” – David Caruso
26. “I’m not a movie-based person, in terms of how it affects my career, the industry. I don’t care about that. I probably haven’t been too smart about that.” – David Caruso
27. “Anne, our commander in chief, … has it blocked out in three three-year segments, almost like ‘Star Wars.’ In a very brilliant way, Anne is telling the entire saga of ‘CSI: Miami’ backwards.” – David Caruso
28. “If you’re not willing to risk, there are no rewards.” – David Caruso
29. “I think beneath all of it there’s a tremendous power when two people decide to have a child. And inside that power is a very deep hope, and the power of that hope can hopefully overcome the circumstances that could rob them of this world.” – David Caruso
30th of 50 David Caruso Quotes
30. “It is very important to understand that emotional intelligence is not the opposite of intelligence, it is not the triumph of heart overhead – it is the unique intersection of both.” – David Caruso
31. “Do what every human being in America is considering: refinance.” – David Caruso
32. “Simply the size and complexity of the global financial system, just what occurs on a daily basis, legitimately, it’s 24 hours a day, when you look at Asia, Europe, Latin America, the U.S. And to track all that, it’s an impossibility.” – David Caruso
33. “I went from a guy, kind of a working actor, a supporting player, to magazine covers and being offered the studio pictures really quickly. Nobody was comfortable with it. I wasn’t really comfortable with it.” – David Caruso
34. “If you’re in over your head, go out tomorrow and see a consumer credit counseling service, … Talk to someone if you can’t do the things on your list, or go find a financial planner to get some help.” – David Caruso
35. “I was a guy who abandoned a TV show. I didn’t care about people.” – David Caruso
36. “We concluded a three-year arc last year with the brother, … and the little broken family that the brother had left behind, and all of those very interesting loose ends.” – David Caruso
37. “But the good news is in today’s world of so many options in entertainment if you’re getting some attention, that’s a positive thing.” – David Caruso
38. “Fear is a much bigger motivator than greed, but you’ve got to save money and put it in stocks, … It’s like a diet – to lose weight you have to eat less and exercise.” – David Caruso
39. “Red hair stigmatizes you.” – David Caruso
40. “For me, the most important thing is to continue to work with the best people that I can find, and that will have me.” – David Caruso
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from David Caruso! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.