Which are your favorite January Jones quotes?
January Jones is an American actress and model. She has played in many famously known movies and TV series, including ‘The Last Man on Earth’, ‘American Wedding’, ‘Seeking Justice’, and ‘X-Men: First Class’.
Jones is best recognized for her role as ‘Betty Draper’ in the critically acclaimed TV series ‘Mad Men’ which got her nominated for two Golden Globes Awards and an Emmy Award.
Here’s a collection of the most inspiring January Jones quotes:
40 Inspiring January Jones Quotes & Sayings
1. “I lived in a town of 400 until I was like nine or ten. My dad coached all the sports – he was a gym teacher and health teacher for grades K-12.” – January Jones
2. “I have that thing in my stomach where I just need to keep striving for things. In my mind, I want the fairy tale.” – January Jones
3. “But you’re always fighting for something. There’s always a struggle. And I guess that’s good. It shouldn’t be easy. But I thought at some point that maybe that it would feel easier.” – January Jones
4. “In the time of Mad Men, women were very polite and soft-spoken, and they didn’t express a lot of opinions. Now, I think women have become a little more rigid or hard—and I don’t think it’s because of men. I think it’s because women have become more masculine or we’ve forced ourselves to become more masculine. What’s in fashion now is very thin and hard.” – January Jones
5. “Going to New York to do whatever – show business – it just seemed fun. It seemed fun to go to the big city and meet all kinds of different people and maybe be famous. It was just exciting. So I wasn’t scared.” – January Jones
6. “I’m happy when I’m at work. I’m happy when I’m with my family or my dog. But, you know, there’s always that feeling of, I’m not satisfied.” – January Jones
7. “I feel déjà vu a lot. Someone said that means that you’re living your life the right way because maybe you have foresight, because then when something actually happens, it feels like déjà vu. I like to think of it that way.” – January Jones
8. “I think Don Draper’s storyline on Mad Men shows that. He’s married this woman who he thinks is the perfect woman and someone he should love. She looks right, acts right, doesn’t say too much. But then he’s sexually attracted to very outspoken, independent women.” – January Jones
9. “Going to Cannes was probably one of the most wonderful experiences of my life.” – January Jones
10th of 40 January Jones Quotes
10. “I feel as though my career really hit its high point when I was cast as a supporting actress in ‘American Wedding’. I thought the script had a lot of depth and intelligence, and it really just jumped off the page.” – January Jones
11. “I don’t know if I believe in fate or destiny, but it kind of feels that way sometimes.” – January Jones
12. “My dad liked how January went with Jones. My sisters’ names are Jina and Jacey Jones. – January Jones” – January Jones
13. “Betty is such an interesting character.” – January Jones
14. “Mad Men’ was really my first television role, and it never feels like TV to me. It’s done at such a high level.” – January Jones
15. “My mom, but they made the book into a TV movie and my dad watched it with her. My dad liked how January went with Jones. My sisters’ names are Jina and Jacey Jones.” – January Jones
16. “I honestly get more nervous when it comes to the emotional, less physical scenes.” – January Jones
17. “I think luck is a big part of people who are successful in this town.” – January Jones
18. “I think men are still attracted to what they’ve always found attractive, which is a woman who is feminine, soft, real, and . . . womanly.” – January Jones
19. “Why not show off if you’ve got something to show?” – January Jones
20th of 40 January Jones Quotes
20. “If I was living back then, I think I would have been a bit rebellious.” – January Jones
21. “Tommy Lee Jones directed it. He’s probably my favorite director I’ve worked with so far.” – January Jones
22. “With life. If everything always went perfectly, I would feel like, When is the ball going to drop? Because good things don’t always last.” – January Jones
23. “Betty’s whole thing is that she’s doing what she thinks she should do. She’s living her life the way she thinks she should live it.” – January Jones
24. “So some men don’t want their women to speak up, and then other men are attracted to that very thing. But as a woman, you don’t want to be just window dressing.” – January Jones
25. “I choose roles that are not me.” – January Jones
26. “Betty is always feeling one thing but then goes and does something completely different. She goes through a bunch of different emotions that I act more with my face than through what I’m saying. But the physical is just physical.” – January Jones
27. “People think that I changed my name. I could’ve been an actress, a superhero, or a stripper.” – January Jones
28. “If I could do one thing over I’d have been nicer to my parents.” – January Jones
29. “I’ve probably been unattractive to some men because I do say what I feel and what I think. You can be political about it, but I don’t have a red flag. I don’t have a mechanism in my head that prevents me from saying what I think, or if something upsets me or if I feel like I’m being degraded.” – January Jones
30th of 40 January Jones Quotes
30. “I’ve never been trained as an actress, so it’s all instinct. I just let myself go into this kind of a free fall. Sometimes I feel scared, or out of my element—like everyone else knows what they’re doing but me. I don’t know . . . Maybe I function well with fear or I like to be faced with a challenge . . . I think I’m just a work in progress.” – January Jones
31. “A modeling scout had come to Nebraska and found me.” – January Jones
32. “If everything always went perfectly, I would feel like, When is the ball going to drop? Because good things don’t always last. Maybe I’m a pessimistic person. When something just seems too good, I can’t believe it.” – January Jones
33. “I think women of my generation take a lot for granted.” – January Jones
34. “In this business, I don’t know how you can have a plan or how you can orchestrate anything. But I’ve been lucky with my choices. I’m very strong-willed, so I’ve been able to stick with it. I’m lucky there.” – January Jones
35. “I wanted to be a meteorologist. I wanted to be a marine biologist.” – January Jones
36. “Maybe I’m a pessimistic person. When something just seems too good, I can’t believe it.” – January Jones
37. “A lot of the stuff that I do with Betty is in the eyes. A lot of the feelings that I evoke with her are unspoken, so that’s been fun to play with.” – January Jones
38. “I come from a family of very outspoken women. I can’t imagine living in a time when you couldn’t express what you felt.” – January Jones
39. “Success for me is to feel happy—80 percent of the time. That’s been my goal in life. I think that comes from my father. He’s a very optimistic, happy person.” – January Jones
40. “Am I being typecast as a horrible person? I don’t know. I don’t think so. But if it happens, I’d rather get to play that, because there’s nothing fun about being sweet. Sweet can be so boring, so I’d be happy staying away from that.” – January Jones
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from January Jones! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite January Jones quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...