What is Jet Li’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$250 Million|
|Born:||April 26, 1963|
|Height:||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Country of Origin:||China|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Actor|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Iconic Hong Kong action star Jet Li is one of the most successful Asian actors of modern times, starring in a long list of blockbuster action movies.
His work in Hollywood has featured some of action cinema history’s legendary stars, with Li’s impressive net worth increased through his many brand endorsements.
As of October 2022, Jet Li’s net worth is estimated to be $250 Million.
Jet Li Facts
- Jet Li’s first movie, the Hong Kong-Chinese film Shaolin Temple released in 1982, and sold around 300 million tickets at the Chinese box office.
- When Li appeared in Lethal Weapon 4 he agreed to do so because producer Joel Silver promised to give him the lead in his next film.
- Li has endorsed various products over his career, including for some of the most expensive watches in the world, representing luxury brand Hublot.
- Jet Li’s father died when he was just two years old, leading to many financial struggles while growing up.
- He made his directorial debut in 1986 with the film Born to Defense, for which he also did the fight choreography.
- People magazine named Li a runner-up for the Sexiest Man Alive in 2003.
- His film Kiss The Dragon was banned in China, featuring Li in the role of a policeman.
- A keen proponent of Wushu, Li has mastered many of the styles and specializing in Fānziquán and Chángquán.
- Jet Li takes charity work very seriously, serving as a philanthropic ambassador of the Red Cross Society of China.
- He suffers from hyperthyroidism, which causes his thyroid gland to produce too many thyroxin hormones.
Jet Li was born Li Lianjie in Beijing, China, on April 26th, 1963, the youngest of four children with one brother and two sisters.
His talent for Wushu was spotted when he was eight years old, leading Li to join the Beijing Wushu Team, where he was taught by coaches Li Junfeng and Wu Bin.
While competing in the Chinese Wushu Championships, he won fifteen gold medals and one silver medal.
Jet Li’s martial arts successes early in life helped him to make the transition to movies, beginning with the 1982 action film Shaolin Temple.
Further smash hits released in Hong Kong, including the Once Upon A Time In China trilogy and Fist of Legend, a remake of Bruce Lee’s Fist of Fury, consolidated his reputation as a solid leading actor.
His breakthrough in Hollywood movies came in 1998 with his villainous performance in the Mel Gibson blockbuster, Lethal Weapon 4.
Li has worked with Jason Statham on several occasions, first appearing with the star in 2001’s The One and reuniting with him for The Expendables with an all-star cast including Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone.
More recently, Li played the role of Emperor of China in Disney’s live-action remake of their classic animated movie, Mulan.
People Also Search For:
- Jason Statham Net Worth
- Chuck Norris Net Worth
- Sylvester Stallone Net Worth
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Net Worth
Jet Li’s Career Earnings
The star of numerous blockbuster action movies both in Hong Kong and America, Jet Li has drawn considerable earnings over his career.
Here’s an estimated overview of Jet Li’s career earnings:
- Jet Li’s Salary In 1982 – $700
- Jet Li’s Salary In 2000 – $2.4 million
- Jet Li’s Salary In 2001 – $12.5 million
- Jet Li’s Salary In 2003 – $21 million
- Jet Li’s Salary In 2007 – $62 million
- Jet Li’s Salary In 2022 – $20 million
Jet Li’s Net Worth Annually
With a career spanning decades and featuring several blockbusters and cult movies, Jet Li’s net worth has continued to increase over time.
Here’s a breakdown of Jet Li’s annual net worth:
- Jet Li’s Net Worth In 2017 – $148 million
- Jet Li’s Net Worth In 2018 – $162 million
- Jet Li’s Net Worth In 2019 – $180 million
- Jet Li’s Net Worth In 2020 – $205 million
- Jet Li’s Net Worth In 2021 – $240 million
- Jet Li’s Net Worth In 2022 – $250 million
Jet Li’s first marriage to Huang Qiuyan was in 1987, and he has two daughters from the relationship, Si and Taimi.
He married his current wife, Shanghai-born actress Nina Li Chi, in 1999, with whom he has two additional daughters, Jane and Jada Li.
A keen practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism, Jet Li is a student of Lho Kunsang, and he also enjoys spending his time playing badminton and table tennis.
Awards & Achievements
Jet Li’s illustrious career as one of the greatest martial arts stars of all time has not gone unnoticed by various awards ceremonies.
Here are some highlights from Jet Li’s career:
- 1995: Jet Li wins a Special Award at the Golden Horse Film Festival for his achievements in the film industry.
- 1999: Li’s performance as the villain in Lethal Weapon 4 was nominated for Best Villain at the MTV Movie Awards.
- 2001: At the MTV Movie Awards, Li picks up another nomination for Best Fight for Romeo Must Die, gaining the same nomination the following two years for The One and Cradle 2 the Grave.
- 2006: Li’s performance in Fearless earns him a Best Actor award from the Hong Kong Film Critics Society Awards
- 2008: He picks up Best Actor again from the Hong Kong Film Critics Society Awards for The Warlords, as well as Best Actor from the Shanghai Film Critics Awards.
How Does Jet Li Spend His Money?
Jet Li is known to have invested considerable sums of money in real estate over the course of his career, including some of the most expensive houses you can buy.
This includes Pudong, China, which is reportedly worth around $40 million, as well as properties elsewhere around the world.
Like fellow Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan, Li has an impressive collection of some of the most expensive cars in the world, including a Rolls-Royce and Ferarri.
Here are some of the best highlights of Jet Li’s career:
- 1982: Jet Li’s debut movie Shaolin Temple proves to be a huge box office smash in China, launching his professional acting career.
- 1991: Working with iconic action choreographer Yuen Woo-ping, Li gains international attention through his starring role in the Once Upon a Time in China trilogy.
- 1998: Li’s breakthrough Hollywood role in Lethal Weapon 4 introduces him to a mainstream Western audience for the first time.
- 2002: After a period in America, Jet Li returns to China with a starring role in the critically acclaimed Zhang Yimou film Hero.
- 2010: Li begins his association with his second blockbuster action trilogy, this time appearing in The Expendables movies.
Favorite Jet Li Quotes
With his experiences in the East and West, Jet Li has offered some unique insights into culture and lifestyles that we can all learn from.
Here are our favorite quotes from Jet Li:
- “Bruce Lee was very famous. I watched his movies and he is amazing. He is a martial arts master, his philosophy, his movement, both physically and mentally, were very strong. ” – Jet Li
- ” I am so happy because I want more people to like martial arts movies not just martial arts audiences. Even martial arts can be used in comedy, in drama, in horror movies, in different kinds of movies.” – Jet Li
- ” Jackie Chan is a very good comedy/martial arts star. He does one kind of martial arts that Jet Li doesn’t know how to do and Jet Li does a martial art that Jackie Chan doesn’t know how to do. You can both go to two Chinese restaurants, but both can have different kinds of food.” – Jet Li
- ” Everywhere I go, I still have time to meditate. People think meditating is sitting there, nobody bothering you, but you can even talk and still meditate.” – Jet Li
- ” In the States, you can buy Chinese food. In Beijing, you can buy hamburgers. It’s very close. Now I feel the world become a big family, like a really big family. You have many neighbors. Not like before, two countries are far away.” – Jet Li
3 Amazing Lessons From Jet Li
Now that you know all about Jet Li’s net worth let’s explore some of the insights from his life that can inspire us to be better people.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Jet Li:
1. Humility Is Your Best Defense Against Life’s Problems
Ego is the biggest cause of many failures, so keeping this in check with a healthy dose of humility is essential to make sure you remain grounded.
2. Happiness Is Always With You
When you’re feeling down in the dumps, remember that happiness is a frame of mind and can be called upon when you need it the most.
3. Don’t Take The Opinions Others Have Of You To Heart
If you place too much weight on the opinions of others, you won’t get far in life. Take their views with a pinch of salt and consider it background music to your life.
That concludes this overview of Jet Li’s net worth, exploring his career highlights and the hit movies that have made him incredibly wealthy.
With Li continuing to release movies and launch business ventures, his net worth will change, so check back in the future as we’ll update it with the latest information.
As of October 2022, Jet Li’s net worth is estimated to be $250 Million.