What is Netsky’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$12 Million|
|Born:||March 22, 1989|
|Country of Origin:||Belgium|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional DJ|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Netsky is a Belgian drum and bass producer and musician known for his releases through Hospital Records and Sony Records that blend liquid funk-style production with drum and bass.
He has collaborated with several core producers in the EDM scene and some of the biggest names in hip hop.
As of January 2023, Netsky’s net worth is estimated to be $12 Million.
- Netsky’s journey to production began when he was very young, playing drums on pots and pans when he was just two years old.
- While Netsky moved to Sony Records in 2004, he can still release tracks through Hospital Records thanks to a special A&R arrangement.
- In 2015, Netsky’s single Rio was featured in the New Year’s Eve celebrations held in London.
- His live project in 2012 saw Netsky performing his music as a full band, with Netsky on keyboards and additional members on synths, drums, and vocals.
- This project was so successful that Netsky opted to take them on an international tour, including a performance at the Ultra Music Festival in 2015.
Netsky was born March 22, 1989, in Edegem, Belgium, whose real name is Boris Daenen, taking his DJ name from the name of a computer virus.
At age five, Netsky’s grandfather bought him his first drum kit, teaching him how to play the instrument and introducing him to hip hop and funk.
In his late teens, Netsky began producing tracks focused on drum and bass music, coming to the attention of the music industry with the release of his early singles in 2009.
His musical style, blending liquid funk with vocals and instrumental layers, was heavily influenced by High Contrast’s remix of the track, Gold Digger.
Netsky’s professional music career began with his recording contract with Hospital Records in 2009, the same label as the High Contrast and London Elektricity artists.
The following year, the label released Netsky’s self-titled debut album, charting at 24th place on the Belgian charts.
Netsky’s next two albums for Hospital Records saw the drum and bass producer increase in popularity, placing in the number one spot on the Belgian charts for both releases.
This success opened up collaborations with some of the leading names in the music industry, beginning with several collaborations with Digital Farm Animals and work with Macklemore on the track Rio.
He has worked with some of the richest DJs in the world, including David Guetta, on the song Ice Cold, and Lost Frequencies.
Netsky’s Career Earnings
While Netsky’s career earnings aren’t known, analyzing publicly available information on sponsorships and record sales can give us some valuable insights.
Some estimates place his annual income around $100,000, although the actual figure may well be higher due to unknown variables.
Since Netsky remains active as a drum and bass producer and musician, his annual career earnings will likely continue to increase.
Netsky’s Net Worth Annually
With his rise to fame and success through Hospital Records and subsequent deal with Sony Music, Netsky’s net worth will have exponentially grown over the course of his career.
Sell-out tours, in which he performed alongside some of the biggest names in EDM, will have further enhanced his earning capacity and overall wealth.
As he continues to release music and collaborate with industry leaders, his net worth will likely see ongoing growth.
Little is known about Netsky’s personal life, with the international DJ and producer not known for conducting extensive interviews about his personal life.
He has previously mentioned that his girlfriend accompanies him on his tours, although his current relationship status isn’t clear.
Through his popular official Instagram account, he keeps his fans updated on the latest releases and upcoming live shows.
How Does Netsky Spend His Money?
While there is little available information about how Netsky spends his money, as an internationally famous DJ, he likely stays in some of the most expensive hotels in the world while on tour.
He is known for spending time in Los Angeles, where he works with producers such as Stargate and spends time with fellow DJs.
Netsky is also enthusiastic about music production equipment, with an extensive collection of synthesizers that he uses on his tracks.
With a career spanning a decade and counting, Netsky has accomplished many things as a drum and bass producer and musician.
This includes many successful singles and collaborations with some of the leading drum and bass artists worldwide.
Here are some of the best highlights of Netsky’s career:
- 2009: Netsky begins his professional career with a string of singles, including King of the Stars with Crystal Clear and Lost In This World.
- 2010: His debut album, Netsky, marks his first release for Hospital Records, signalling the beginning of prolific output.
- 2012: Netsky goes live with his band, playing keyboards and synthesizers and taking the group on a tour of international electronic music festivals..
- 2018: His collaboration with David Guetta catapults Netsky into the mainstream of the EDM music scene.
- 2020: Resigning with Hospital Records, Netsky releases the hit single, I See the Future in Your Eyes.
With a bright future in the music industry ahead of him involving new and exciting collaborations and projects, his career is set to feature many new high points.
Favorite Netsky Quotes
While Netsky isn’t known for conducting long-form interviews with the media, he has nevertheless opened up about his relationship with music and collaboration.
Here are our favorite quotes from Netsky:
- “Drum & Bass is a genre that always had a nice passionate loyal fanbase all over the world. Drum & Bass has a massive variety of substreams/sub genres. Musically there’s a lot of ways to go with this genre. I think that’s what helps keeping it fresh.” – Netsky
- “Collaborate as much as you can. Try find ways to become part of an online community to share knowledge. Don’t release any music that sounds too much like your favourite song. Identity is everything when you’re getting started.” – Netsky
- “I really fell in love with “songs.” It might sound simple but a good lyric, melody, and arrangement are often what I miss in underground dance music. In LA I had 2 mentors, Mikkel and Tor from ‘Stargate’. It was amazing seeing them work and eventually working with them.” – Netsky
- “I’ve been friends with Rudimental for a long time. We’re both really feeling dance floor drum & bass right now. I had a sketch I played to them backstage at one of their shows here in Belgium and we decided to spend a couple of days at their studio in London to finish it. We worked on multiple ideas over the past couple of years. I’m sure this isn’t the last collaboration we’ll do together!” – Netsky
- “I’ve rediscovered a love for English rap and r&b with Loyle Carner and Jorja Smith. Also listened to lots of jazz influenced beats like for example Athletic Progression.” – Netsky
3 Amazing Lessons From Netsky
Now that you know all about Netsky’s net worth let’s explore some of the lessons we can learn from his career as a professional music producer and DJ.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Netsky:
1. Don’t Be Afraid To Follow Your Dreams
Netsky’s first encounter with music began when he was a toddler and continued throughout his life, thanks to the support he had from his grandfather.
If you’re passionate about something early on, don’t be afraid to stick with it and make it your career.
2. If You Have The Chance To Collaborate With Talent, Take It
While Netsky enjoyed a successful early career as a solo artist, he took the opportunity to work with others when the chance arose.
The Netsky Live! project turned out to be a huge success, seeing the group take to the international stage at some of the biggest music festivals.
3. Don’t Be Afraid To Mix Up Genres
It can be easy for music producers to get stuck in a rut and make the same style of music throughout their careers.
Netsky’s blending of drum and bass with funk, hip hop, and R&B shows that mixing up genres can really pay off.
That concludes this article exploring Netsky’s net worth, from his early days releasing through Hospital Records to his high-profile collaborations and remixes.
Helping to define liquid drum and bass for a new generation, Netsky continues to release pioneering tracks that push the genre’s envelope.
Since Netsky’s career continues to develop, his net worth will change, so make sure you check back on this article in the future for the latest details.
As of January 2023, Netsky’s net worth is estimated to be $12 Million.