Daymond John is an american self-made entrepreneur and investor. Daymond is popularly seen on the Shark Tank TV show, where business owners make an appearance to try and seek investments from fellow sharks in return for a stake in their business.
Daymond has built an incredible net worth for himself, and has now moved into the world of motivational speaking.
Cue the quotes!
Check out these 32 awesome Daymond John business quotes for entrepreneurs.
32 Daymond John Quotes For Entrepreneurs
1. “If you don’t educate yourself, you’ll never get out of the starting block because you’ll spend all your money making foolish decisions.” – Daymond John
2. “The only thing that scares me in the tech area is that it moves so fast that you have to be ready to invest in 20 things. Because if you just invest in one, next week, somebody has a better mousetrap, and you get taken to the cleaners.” – Daymond John
3. “Most brands started from a strong base and kept a strong belief.” – Daymond John
4. “I’ve come to learn that my initial investment is more about the person versus the product that I am buying into. I’ve also learned that I really do enjoy giving worthy people an opportunity of a lifetime.” – Daymond John
5th of 32 Daymond John Quotes
5. “Good grooming is integral and impeccable style is a must. If you don’t look the part, no one will want to give you time or money.” – Daymond John
6. “I never knew anything other than wanting to be an entrepreneur. I tried my first business when I was 6 years old, and I started another business when I was 8. I don’t think I knew anything besides that.” – Daymond John
7. “Fortunately, right now ‘entrepreneurship’ is one of the business world’s biggest buzz words and so many young people in our country are looking up to this new generation of CEO’s as their modern day rock stars. Whenever you have that effect, it makes the job of promoting entrepreneurship much easier.” – Daymond John
8. “Mentors, by far, are the most important aspects of businesses.” – Daymond John
9. “No matter what business you’re in, business is business, and financing and money are critical. I would have made a lot fewer mistakes if I had more schooling in that area.” – Daymond John
10. “An entrepreneur needs to know what they need, period. Then they need to find an investor who can build off whatever their weaknesses are – whether that’s through money, strategic partnerships or knowledge.” – Daymond John
11th of 32 Daymond John Quotes
11. “If I invest in a CEO, I need him or her to have experience in sales.” – Daymond John
12. “I’ve failed way more than I’ve succeeded.” – Daymond John
13. “When looking at trends I always ask myself basic and timeless questions about business, and the one I seem to always come back to is, ‘How is this different than anything else in the marketplace?’” – Daymond John
14. “I believe the last thing I read at night will likely manifest when I’m sleeping. You become what you think about the most.” – Daymond John
15. “An entrepreneur must pitch a potential investor for what the company is worth as well as sell the dream on how much of a profit can be made.” – Daymond John
16. “You don’t have to work for a big corporation if you don’t want to.” – Daymond John
17. “Poor people put a low value on themselves and their efforts.” – Daymond John
18th of 32 Daymond John Quotes
18. “As an entrepreneur, you never stop learning.” – Daymond John
19. Five days a week, I read my goals before I go to sleep and when I wake up. There are 10 goals around health, family and business with expiration dates, and I update them every six months.” – Daymond John
20. “When you have a large amount of the workforce being laid off, some of them have no other choice but to go out there and invent something.” – Daymond John
21. “Learn as many mistakes and what not to do while your business or product is small. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow your brand. Make sure that you and the market can sustain any bumps that may occur down the road.” – Daymond John
22. “Every problem can be solved as long as they use common sense and apply the right research and techniques.” – Daymond John
23. “The things that I’ve learned is, try to make all the mistakes with your own money and on a small level so that when you are responsible for a partner’s money or assets, you’ve learned, and you don’t make bigger mistakes.” – Daymond John
24. “When I first came into money, I bought six or seven homes. One weekend I went to Miami and bought an apartment and a mansion several blocks from each other, which was not that bright!” – Daymond John
25th of 32 Daymond John Quotes
25. “I always tried to align myself with strategic partners, friends, and information to help me with the things that I did not know, and ultimately, I made it.” – Daymond John
26. “When I first got into business, I made a lot of bad decisions.” – Daymond John
27. “I think that in the earlier days, when I was a ‘wantrepreneur,’ I was really doing things because I thought what I wanted was to be rich.” – Daymond John
28. “One of my business partners would remind me that no fashion line lasts forever, that we would hit the down curve eventually, and that we needed to look for new brands that complement the first one.” – Daymond John
29. “I already have enough apparel businesses that are either doing well or not really doing anything at all, and I’m looking to broaden my portfolio.” – Daymond John
30. “A savvy entrepreneur will not always look for investment money, first.” – Daymond John
31. “If you go out there and start making noise and making sales – people will find you. Sales cure all. You can talk about how great your business plan is and how well you are going to do. You can make up your own opinions, but you cannot make up your own facts. Sales cure all.” – Daymond John
32. “As an entrepreneur, you love your business like a child, and you’re taught to be laser-focused on the business.” – Daymond John
Bonus: Daymond John Picture Quote
Thanks for checking out the quotes guys! Please help us out by sharing them on social media!
What’s your favorite Daymond John quote? Leave a comment below.