Rocky Balboa, wow, what an inspiration;
I have all the Rocky films on DVD back at home in England; needless to say I’ve watched them all several times. Rocky Balboa is a classic example of a champion, of someone who never gives up.
When he gets knocked down and he thinks he’s been beaten, he continues to get back up, and refuses to back down.
There is a lot of wisdom we can learn from Rocky Balboa, about showing resiliency, being tough, and never backing down.
You’ve probably all heard the famous Rocky speech where he talks to his son about life and believing in yourself. I’ve included the quote in the list below, and I’ll drop the YouTube video in at the end of the article.
It’s pretty obvious why this speech has become so popular and been used in many motivational videos and advert promotions, including an Microsoft Xbox advert!
Here are the 17 most inspirational Rocky Balboa quotes of all time:
View the Rocky Balboa Picture Quotes Collection
View our collection of Rocky Balboa picture quotes by clicking through the slideshow below, or scroll down to see the complete list of quotes.
1. “Every Champion Was…”
2. “Until You Start…”
3. “I Stopped Thinking…”
4. “You, Me, or Nobody…”
5. “Going In One More…”
6. “Our Greatest Glory…”
17 Rocky Balboa Quotes
1. “Going in one more round when you don’t think you can. That’s what makes all the difference in your life.” – Rocky Balboa
2. “Until you start believing in yourself, you ain’t gonna have a life.” – Rocky Balboa
3. “Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.” – Rocky Balboa
4. “If I can change and you can change, everybody can change.” – Rocky Balboa
5. “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” – Rocky Balboa
6. “Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!” – Rocky Balboa
7. “No, maybe I can’t win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he’s got. But to beat me, he’s gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he’s gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he’s gotta be willing to die himself and I don’t know if he’s ready to do that. I don’t know, I don’t know.” – Rocky Balboa
8th of 17 Rocky Balboa Quotes
8. “Nobody owes nobody nothing. You owe yourself.” – Rocky Balboa
9. “Because if you’re willing to go through all the battling you got to go through to get where you want to get, who’s got the right to stop you? I mean maybe some of you guys got something you never finished, something you really want to do, something you never said to someone, something… and you’re told no, even after you paid your dues? Who’s got the right to tell you that, who? Nobody! It’s your right to listen to your gut, it ain’t nobody’s right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!” – Rocky Balboa
10. “Remember, the mind is your best muscle. Big arms can move rocks, but big words can move mountains.” – Rocky Balboa
11. “Ya know, they always say if you live in one place long enough, you are that place.” – Rocky Balboa
12. “To beat me, he’s going to have to kill me. He’s gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me and to do that, he’s got to be willing to die himself.” – Rocky Balboa
13. “If this is something you wanna do, and if this is something you gotta do, then you do it. Fighters fight.” – Rocky Balboa
14th of 17 Rocky Balboa Quotes
14. Time takes everybody out. Time is undefeated.” – Rocky Balboa
15. “I believe there’s an inner power that makes winners or losers. And the winners are the ones who really listen to the truth of their hearts.” – Rocky Balboa
16. “C’mon, champ, hit me in the face! My mom hits harder than you!” – Rocky Balboa
17. “I stopped thinking the way other people think a long time ago. You gotta think like you think.” – Rocky Balboa
Rocky Balboa’s Inspirational Speech to His Son
Thanks for checking out this ultimate list of inspirational Rocky Balboa quotes!