What is Kate Middleton’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$20 Million|
|Born:||June 10, 1992|
|Height:||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Model|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
A member of the royal family since 2011, Kate Middleton has risen to become one of the most well-known and recognizable people in the world.
Since having married Prince William, Kate has taken on numerous royal duties and holds patronage over 20 military and charity organizations, including the National Portrait Gallery and Action for Children.
Named one of the Most Influential People in the World, Kate’s notoriety and wealth have made her a modern icon.
As of October 2022, Kate Middleton’s net worth is estimated to be $20 Million.
Kate Middleton Facts
- Kate’s parents own their own party supply company, and as a child, Kate and her sister Pippa used to model for the business.
- Kate is actually the distant 15th cousin of Prince William and Prince Harry.
- Kate studied at Marlborough College, the same co-ed boarding school that Princess Eugenie attended.
- In 2007, Kate spent two months training to cross the English Channel on a dragon boat.
- Kate was the oldest royal bride to marry a future king of England.
- When Prince William proposed, he did so using one of the most expensive engagement rings in the world, Princess Diana’s famous 12-carat sapphire ring.
- Kate’s favorite TV shows are Game of Thrones and Downton Abbey.
- She and Prince William were gifted a cocker spaniel named Lupo by Kate’s younger brother James as a wedding gift.
Kate Middleton was born in 1982 in Reading to Michael and Carole Middleton.
The eldest of three children, the Middleton family was well-to-do, and at the age of four, young Kate was enrolled at St. Andrew’s School, a private institution in Berkshire.
At Marlborough College, she developed a love of sports and played on the women’s field hockey team, later obtaining three A-Levels in 2000.
Middleton later enrolled at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, where she studied art history.
While at St. Andrews, she achieved a gold Duke of Edinburgh award and eventually graduated with an undergraduate MA in the history of art.
Before her marriage to Prince William, Kate lived in a Chelsea apartment owned by her parents that was estimated to be worth $1.6 million, while her own net worth was estimated to be around $5.8 – 8 million.
As the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate is very active in charity work, often focusing on helping young children.
While she has a number of charitable patronages, some of the largest include:
- Action for Children
- Evelina London Children’s Hospital
- Family Action
- The National History Museum
- The Maternal Mental Health Alliance
Kate has also acquired the patronage of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club and the Royal Photographic Society after they were passed down to her by the Queen.
In 2016, alongside the Duke and Prince Harry, Kate helped launch a mental health awareness campaign called “Heads Together” to encourage people to have an open discussion about their mental health issues and remove the stigma.
Kate has also been active in causes surrounding early childhood development and, in 2022, visited Denmark on behalf of the Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood.
Often praised for her keen sense of style whenever she makes a public appearance, Kate has become the embodiment of intelligence and grace.
Kate Middleton’s Career Earnings
Kate Middleton’s net worth comes largely from investments she made before joining the royal family and from her family business, which is estimated to be worth $35.3 million.
Some of the details we know about Middleton’s earnings include:
- Before her marriage to Prince William, Middleton had a net worth of around $8-9 million, which has grown to around $10 million in 2022.
- However, combined with Prince William, the couple shares an estimated net worth of $50 million.
- In addition to this, the entire royal family is worth around $88 billion, which is more than any of the richest politicians in the world individually.
As a member of the royal family, even without her individual net worth, it’s safe to say that Kate isn’t in danger of running out of cash anytime soon.
Kate Middleton first met Prince William in 2001, and the couple started dating in 2003.
However, after graduation, the Middleton family was faced with intense scrutiny from British tabloids, leading to numerous warnings being issued from lawyers hired by the Palace and the Middletons.
In 2007, the couple broke up briefly, though reconciled by 2008.
Prince William proposed during a 10-day trip to the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in Kenya to celebrate his passing of the RAF helicopter search and rescue course.
The engagement was officially announced in November 2010, and the couple married at Winchester Abbey on the 29th of April, 2011, in a ceremony that was watched by a global audience of 300 million.
Following their marriage, the couple moved into Nottingham Cottage briefly before transitioning to Kensington Palace, which they had renovated for $5.3 million.
In 2012, the royal couple announced their first child, and in July 2013, Prince George was born at St. Mary’s Hospital in London.
Two more children, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis were born in May 2015 and April 2018, respectively.
In 2022, the couple and their children moved into Adelaide Cottage in Windsor, where the family maintains as normal a life as possible.
The couple posts about their family often on their joint Instagram account, along with photos of their charity work and other public appearances.
Awards & Achievements
Kate Middleton has received a lot of honors as a member of the royal family, as well as some notable awards.
Here are some highlights from Kate Middleton’s career:
- In 2013, Time Magazine named her one of the Most Influential People in the World.
- As of 2015, she is an Honorary Air Commandant of the Royal Air Force Air Cadets.
- Kate was awarded the Tuvalu Order of Merit in 2016.
- In 2017 she received the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Kate received another honor, the Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, in 2019.
How Does Kate Middleton Spend Her Money?
Unlike Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who have largely been cut off from royal funds, Kate has no real need to spend her own money due to her royal status.
That said, Kate and William have made some noteworthy purchases.
Their $5.3 million renovations on Kensington Palace, one of the most expensive houses in the world, were followed by a further $2 million in renovations which included a kitchen and conservatory overhaul and a new roof.
Kate’s fashion also doesn’t come cheap, and her Alexander McQueen gown cost a whopping $332,000 alone.
While the royals are given an allowance to spend on their wardrobes, it’s estimated that Kate regularly spends $400,000 annually on clothing and styling.
When it comes to traveling, the cost can climb as high as $130,000 for a single trip due to the need for charted flights, meals, staff, and security.
While many of Kate’s milestones are documented by the official Royal website, some are more obscure than others.
Here are some of the best highlights of Kate Middleton’s career:
- In 2011, Kate Middleton was made an Honorary Canadian Ranger.
- On her wedding day, April 2011, she was awarded her official title, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.
- In June 2021, Kate was made the Lady Sponsor of the HMS Glasgow.
- Kate Middleton authored an article in the Huffington Post called “Let’s Make a Real difference for an Entire Generation of Children,” where she advocated for childhood mental health support.
- In 2021, Kate teamed up with Jill Biden to bring awareness to childhood development in the wake of the worldwide pandemic.
Favorite Kate Middleton Quotes
Kate Middleton is remarkably eloquent, and she always seems to know just what to say.
Although she has said many noteworthy things in her time as a royal, we have rounded up the most significant.
Here are our favorite quotes from Kate Middleton:
- “I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.” – Kate Middleton
- “A child’s mental health is just as important as their physical health and deserves the same quality of support.” – Kate Middleton
- “We need to help young people and their parents understand that it’s not a sign of weakness to ask for help.” – Kate Middleton
- “There is no rule book, no right or wrong; you just have to make it up and do the very best you can to care for your family.” – Kate Middleton
- “Every child deserves to grow up knowing their potential and feeling confident that they won’t fall at the first hurdle – that they cope with life’s setbacks.” – Kate Middleton
3 Amazing Lessons From Kate Middleton
Now that you know all about Kate Middleton’s net worth, we can look at what her extraordinary life can teach us about reaching our own goals.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Kate Middleton:
1. Find Your Confidence
Becoming confident in yourself is easier said than done, but it can be essential for finding success.
If you aren’t confident in your abilities, you’re less likely to put yourself out there and find the opportunities that you need.
2. Don’t Neglect Your Mental Health
Kate Middleton is a huge advocate for mental health, and she is a shining example that we need to remove the stigma.
Mental health is just as important as physical health, and there is no shame in getting help when you need it.
3. Ask For Help When You Need It
Speaking of help, no matter what you are doing, you should never shy away from relying on others if you need them.
Whether in your work, daily life, or with health concerns, everyone needs help sometimes, and without it, you may never be able to reach your full potential.
Kate Middleton is an icon, and as the future Queen Consort of England, it is likely that her net worth will only continue to increase as time goes on.
Be sure to check back often as her net worth grows to stay up-to-date!
As of October 2022, Kate Middleton’s net worth is estimated to be $20 Million.