What is Miriam Adelson’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$34 Billion|
|Born:||October 10, 1945|
|Height:||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Country of Origin:||Israel|
|Source of Wealth:||Inheritance from the late Sheldon Adelson|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Miriam Adelson is an Israeli American physician and billionaire who became a conservative doner after she married Sheldon Adelson, an American business magnate.
Currently the wealthiest Israeli and the 44th richest person in the world, Adelson’s immense wealth has made her remarkably influential.
As of November 2022, Miriam Adelson’s net worth is estimated to be $34 Billion.
Miriam Adelson Facts
- Adelson was a prominent donor to the Donald Trump campaign in 2016, and she also contributed to his defense fund during the Mueller investigation in 2019.
- Adelson is currently the newspaper publisher of Israel Hayom, a Hebrew-language free daily paper and news website.
- During the 2017 presidential inauguration of Donald Trump, Adelson served as one of the finance vice-chairs.
- As a physician, Adelson was the chief internist for the emergency room at Tel Aviv’s Rokach Hospital.
- In 2000, Miriam and her husband Sheldon Adelson opened a research clinic and substance abuse center in Las Vegas.
Miriam Farbstein was born in 1945 in Tel Aviv, Mandatory Palestine, to parents who were able to flee Poland before the Holocaust.
In the 1950s, her family was able to settle in Haifa, the third largest city in Israel, where her father owned several movie theaters.
Miriam attended Hebrew Reali School for 12 years before serving mandatory army service as a medical officer at Ness Ziona.
Once her service was over, she attended the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, earning a Bachelor of Science in genetics and microbiology. Later, she earned a medical degree from the Sackler Medical School at Tel Aviv University.
Miriam Adelson started her career as a physician at Tel Aviv’s Rokach Hospital, eventually becoming the chief internist in the emergency room.
After landing a job at Rockefeller University, Adelson moved to New York City, where she specialized in drug addiction. It was during this time she met Sheldon Adelson after they were set up on a blind date.
In 1993, Adelson founded her first substance abuse and research clinic, later opening a second in Las Vegas with her husband, Sheldon.
Miriam and Sheldon Adelson were both generous supporters of Donald Trump during his run for president in 2016, and it is estimated that the couple donated at least $200 million to his campaign and the Republican party during the subsequent 2020 election cycle.
Although Sheldon has since passed away, Miriam, who inherited his billions, has continued supporting the Republican Party as a megadonor, looking ahead to the upcoming 2024 presidential season.
Miriam Adelson’s Career Earnings
Most of Miriam Adelson’s net worth comes from her late-husbands fortune, which he gained as a trade show tycoon and business magnate.
We know a couple of things about his fortune, including:
- Sheldon Adelson’s initial fortune came from the Las Vegas COMDEX computer trade show, which began in 1979.
- In 1995, Sheldon bought the Sands Casino business and completely reconstructed it, spending $1.5 billion to create what we know now as The Venetian.
- The same year, Sheldon Adelson sold his trade show business for $862 million.
- Miriam Adelson remains the majority shareholder of Las Vegas Sands, the largest casino business in the world, which regularly brings in $4.2 billion annually.
Although her fortune may come from her late husband, Miriam is in no danger of going broke anytime soon, as the casino business continues to grow and bring in billions each year.
Before moving to New York, Miriam married Ariel Ochshorn, an Israeli physician with whom she had two children.
After divorcing Ochshorn in the 1980s and moving to New York, she met Sheldon Adelson on a blind date and later married him in Jerusalem in 1991.
A strong supporter of Israel, Miriam is credited with influencing her husband’s views on the country and has regularly praised Donald Trump for his support of Israel.
Miriam Adelson became the owner of Las Vegas Sands after Sheldon died in 2021, which made her one of the richest people in the world and the wealthiest Israeli.
Awards & Achievements
Miriam Adelson has achieved a lot in her life, and her incredible influence is something that many people often overlook.
Here are some highlights from Miriam Adelson’s career:
- In 2008, Miriam and Sheldon Adelson were presented with the Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship.
- Miriam unveiled the Marina Bay Sands casino in Singapore in 2007.
- Miriam Adelson was awarded honorary citizenship in Jerusalem in 2013.
- In 2018, Adelson was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Donald Trump.
- At the presidential inauguration in 2017, Miriam served as one of the finance vice-chairs.
How Does Miriam Adelson Spend Her Money?
Miriam Adelson no doubt lives a life of supreme luxury given her billionaire status, although she certainly doesn’t flaunt it.
Scarce little is known about how she spends her money, outside of her large donations to the Republican Party.
During the 2020 election cycle, Miriam and Sheldon donated $172.7 million, setting a new donation record.
Miriam and her husband have regularly been the largest donors in past elections, including in 2018 and 2012, having donated over $480 million in total.
As a political power couple, the Adelsons singlehandedly funded the Preserve America PAC, providing $75 million to the group, which was then used to fund attack ads against candidate Joe Biden.
While Miriam has benefited from an exciting life, some particular milestones stand out more than others.
Here are some of the best highlights of Miriam Adelson’s career:
- In 1986, while attending Rockefeller University, Miriam met her future husband and business partner, Sheldon Adelson.
- Miriam founded her first substance abuse and research center in 1993.
- In 2018, Miriam and her husband were awarded the Woodrow Wilson Award.
- Donald Trump gave Miriam the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2018.
- In 2021, Miriam became the owner of the Las Vegas Sands casino company after Sheldon died.
Favorite Miriam Adelson Quotes
Meriam may not be as well known as her late husband, but that hasn’t stopped her from inspiring many people with her words.
Here are our favorite quotes from Miriam Adelson:
- “We are greater than the sum of our parts because we express the close ties between two great nations.” – Miriam Adelson
- “When we band together and defend Israel without apology and without hesitation and convince Americans like us to follow in our footsteps, there’s no stopping us” – Miriam Adelson
- “Sheldon was the love of my life. He was my partner in romance, philanthropy, political activism, and enterprise. He was my soulmate.” – Miriam Adelson
- “I try to live my life with honesty and insight. I know my value internally, so I’m very secure about myself.” – Miriam Adelson
- “You are nothing without values and dignity.” – Miriam Adelson
3 Amazing Lessons From Miriam Adelson
Now that you know all about Miriam Adelson’s net worth, we can look deeper at the lessons we can learn from her successful life.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Miriam Adelson:
1. Take Every Opportunity You Can
When climbing the ladder of success, you should try to take every opportunity possible to maximize your chances of reaching your goals.
You may even find possibilities that you would never have known about otherwise that could help you get even further ahead.
2. Make Smart Investments
Miriam Adelson achieved her net worth through inheritance and as a large stakeholder in the Las Vagas Sands casino business.
Investing can be a great way to make money, but only if you’re smart about it.
You can use one of the best dividend trackers to find the right stocks to invest in and let your money grow.
3. Know Your Worth
No matter what field you’re in, it’s important to know the value of your work so that you don’t sell yourself short or get taken advantage of.
Know the value of your skills so that you can become as successful as possible.
Miriam Adelson is the wealthiest Israeli on the planet and the 36th richest person in the world, with an extraordinary net worth that keeps getting bigger.
Although much of her fortune came from her late husband’s business investments, Miriam was very much his partner and now continues his legacy as the owner of the Las Vegas Sands.
Be sure to check back often to see updates on Adelson’s net worth because we’re sure that it is going to continue to increase.
As of November 2022, Miriam Adelson’s net worth is estimated to be $34 Billion.