Which are your favorite Raquel Welch quotes?
Raquel Welch is an American actress, singer, model, and businesswoman.
She is most famously known for her role in the movie ‘The Three Musketeers’ which granted her the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture Actresses category in 1974. She made her breakthrough from her role in the movie ‘Fantastic Voyage’.
Throughout her acting career, she has been successfully recognized as an international sex symbol. But, what’s more interesting is her distinct film persona as strong female characters made her credited for breaking the stereotypical blonde bombshell sex symbol that was the mainstream mindset around Hollywood in the 1950s.
Here’s our collection of the most powerful Raquel Welch quotes:
50 Powerful Raquel Welch Quotes
1. “I’m the antidote to Lindsay Lohan. I know she misbehaves terribly, but sometimes it just seems like it’s open season on her.” – Raquel Welch
2. “Without women to nurture in this world, how do – how do men get by? How do children get by? How does society get by at all?” – Raquel Welch
3. “Once you get rid of the idea that you must please other people before you please yourself, and you begin to follow your own instincts – only then can you be successful. You become more satisfied, and when you are, other people will tend to be satisfied by what you do.” – Raquel Welch
4. “I’m far more ready to go with the flow now because I am more accepting of myself.” – Raquel Welch
5. “There aren’t any hard women, only soft men.” – Raquel Welch
6. “We all have a childhood dream that when there is love, everything goes like silk, but the reality is that marriage requires a lot of compromise.” – Raquel Welch
7. “People do stop me and talk to me about something they saw that they loved. It is very satisfying, but I have my own opinions.” – Raquel Welch
8. “There’s a duality in every man and every woman.” – Raquel Welch
9. “Weight-bearing exercises can help ward off osteoporosis and yoga helps ward off arthritis.” – Raquel Welch
10th of 50 Raquel Welch Quotes
10. “Oh I had crushes on all my leading men, I think. Oh, you know who I really had fun with? In this movie ‘Mother, Jugs & Speed,’ I really liked working with Harvey Keitel.” – Raquel Welch
11. “I was lucky that one of my first movies, ‘One Million Years B.C.’ was made in Europe by a British company. The Brits, and a lot of the rest of Europe, seemed to really love exotic women. The fact that I was American and exotic just made me more appealing to them.” – Raquel Welch
12. “Latinos are here to stay. As citizen Raquel, I’m proud to be Latina.” – Raquel Welch
13. “I inherited good skin from my mother, and I stay away from soap, which dries it out.” – Raquel Welch
14. “I was not a classic mother. But my kids were never palmed off to boarding school. So, I didn’t bake cookies. You can buy cookies, but you can’t buy love.” – Raquel Welch
15. “My self-esteem,’ ‘my self-this,’ ‘my self-that.’ Believe me, I’ve been there – I’m an actress. At one point, you just get nauseous with it and think, I have to take my mind off myself!” – Raquel Welch
16. “I’d taken the bull by the horns by liberating myself and creating a career. It took guts – it was scary and chancy – but they discounted me as empty-headed: some little piece of fluff without any brain that happened to come along.” – Raquel Welch
17. “I found out a long time ago that if I indulged by stuffing my face with great food, lying about reading books and watching TV or talking on the phone, I was not a happy camper.” – Raquel Welch
18. “I don’t feel like, unless I have a boyfriend or somebody to march down the aisle with for the fifth time, that I’m ‘Oh, poor me.’ I’m not going to go running out desperately looking, making myself crazy and thinking that, without that, I’m nothing.” – Raquel Welch
19. “When I first came along in the business, they didn’t really like the idea of my name being Raquel.” – Raquel Welch
20th of 50 Raquel Welch Quotes
20. “Being a sex symbol was rather like being a convict.” – Raquel Welch
21. “For a woman to be considered a celebrated beauty is not exactly a bad thing. I think we have to say that in all reality.” – Raquel Welch
22. “I was always willing to take a great deal of the burden of getting along in life on my own shoulders, but I wasn’t willing to give myself a pat on the back. I was always looking to somebody else to give me that. .. That was all wrong.” – Raquel Welch
23. “the brain, the mind, and all the things that happen inside it, it’s a very erogenous zone.” – Raquel Welch
24. “We try to do too many things that used to be in the men’s domain, and we try to do them like men’s. I’m a prude – I guess you can tell that – but I think, Why would you do that?” – Raquel Welch
25. “What they say about footballers being ignorant is rubbish. I spoke to a couple yesterday and they are quite intelligent.” – Raquel Welch
26. “It’s necessary, at some point, to destroy your beauty.” – Raquel Welch
27. “The mind can also be an erogenous zone.” – Raquel Welch
28. “I think that women should be decorative.” – Raquel Welch
29. “The whole sex-symbol thing is part of what I do as an actress. It’s a kind of character I play. It’s part of me, but not the whole me.” – Raquel Welch
30th of 50 Raquel Welch Quotes
30. “I was asked to come to Chicago because Chicago is one of our fifty-two states.” – Raquel Welch
31. “You know what’s the sexiest thing of all? A little mystery.” – Raquel Welch
32. “People used to come knocking on my door saying, ‘Your trouble is that you’re a sex symbol who doesn’t do enough sexy things.’ I’d say to myself, ‘You think that if you pressure me I’ll fold.’ But if I did it, all it would mean is that I sold out.” – Raquel Welch
33. “My body is the shape I live in and it shapes the way I live.” – Raquel Welch
34. “Change excites me. I am fifty years old. It’s when the mind catches up with the body.” – Raquel Welch
35. “I’m a hard worker, very driven, and have never expected anything to come easily. My yoga, a great rejuvenator, helped me to live down my image – this sex-symbol thing. It helps me connect with myself.” – Raquel Welch
36. “I take a multivitamin, I take extra C, I take chondroitin and glucosamine for my joints, I take calcium for my bones. And by the way, weight-bearing exercises can help ward off osteoporosis and yoga helps ward off arthritis.” – Raquel Welch
37. “I’m not imperceptible to masculine charm, but, well, you know, I can flirt.” – Raquel Welch
38. “You can’t fake listening. It shows.” – Raquel Welch
39. “My family was very conservative, and I had a traditional upbringing. I was not brought up to be a sex symbol, nor is it in my nature to be one. The fact that I became one is probably the loveliest, most glamorous and fortunate misunderstanding.” – Raquel Welch
40th of 50 Raquel Welch Quotes
40. “I felt like, you know, my presence in the world of cinema had a different meaning than Meryl Streep… There was an impact that was made, but it wasn’t the usual.” – Raquel Welch
41. “Not everybody is comfortable with my ethnicity. When I first came along in the business, they didn’t really like the idea of my name being Raquel.” – Raquel Welch
42. “Myra Breckenridge is the antithesis of sex symbol. She’s revolutionary; she’s a warrior.” – Raquel Welch
43. “It seemed like a wonderful honor to have the Film Society of Lincoln Center screen ‘The Films of Raquel Welch.’ It shows a lot of a variety in what they’ve chosen; it kind of runs the gamut of my film career.” – Raquel Welch
44. “I was a bigger-than-life persona before I was anyone in my own mind.” – Raquel Welch
45. “My father was Bolivian, which makes me half-Bolivian. It’s where I got some of my exotic features and certainly my skin tone.” – Raquel Welch
46. “Just as you maintain your home, your car, your garden, you should look after your greatest gift: your body.” – Raquel Welch
47. “I have a very, very good life. I’m grateful for all of my friends, my family and the life that I have, and the possibilities in my future.” – Raquel Welch
48. “I knew my mother was – well, her ancestry dated back to John Quincy Adams, so she was totally not Latina. She was definitely whatever you call it – white bread, shall we say?” – Raquel Welch
49. “I think it’d be wonderful if we could train young girls to be active in lots of ways and that they then wouldn’t have to age at the same rate that they would if they were not more active. In other words, more physical fitness and not just the sporty kind, but the yoga, which is really important.” – Raquel Welch
50. “As far as I’ve been alive, women have always been more or less the symbol of sexuality rather than the male. We don’t see the naked male body, as the symbol of sex.” – Raquel Welch
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Raquel Welch! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Raquel Welch quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...