What is Salman Khan’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$260 Million|
|Born:||December 27, 1965|
|Height:||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Country of Origin:||India|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Actor|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Salman Khan is an Indian film actor, television presenter, and entrepreneur who has appeared in over 100 movies, many of which have broken huge box office records.
Ranked on the Top-Paid 100 Celebrity Entertainers list from Forbes in 2018, he’s also produced and hosted a series of popular television shows.
As of November 2022, Salman Khan’s net worth is estimated to be $260 Million.
Salman Khan Facts
- Salman Khan is well known for his various nicknames, which include the Tiger of Bollywood, Bhaijaan, and Salu.
- His early performance as a supporting actor in the film Biwi Ho To Aisi was his voice being dubbed over by another actor.
- Khan’s career as a television presenter began in 2008 with the 10 ka dam show. leading to many award show host roles as well as on Bigg Boss.
- While Salman Khan is one of the biggest stars in India, he donates much of his income to charity, including his own charity, the Being Human Foundation.
- Salman Khan has appeared in over 100 movies over the course of his career, making him one of the most prolific Bollywood superstars of all time.
Born Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan on December 27th, 1965, Salman Khan was raised in a Hindi and Muslim household by his screenwriter father, Salim Khan, and mother Salma.
After attending The Scindia School and St. Stanislaus High School, he enrolled at St. Xavier’s College before dropping out to work as an assistant director in the Bollywood film industry.
After a few supporting roles, Khan appeared in the lead for Maine Pyar Kiya, which became one of the highest-grossing movies in India in the 1980s.
His 1994 film, Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!, won several Filmfare Awards and the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
He’s also a regular on Indian television shows, appearing in and producing shows including The Kapil Sharma Show and Nach Baliye 9 through his production house, Salman Khan TV.
Outside of his career in the film industry, Khan has served as a brand ambassador for Suzuki, responsible for some of the most expensive motorbikes in the world, as well as other brands such as Pepsi.
Salman Khan’s Career Earnings
With a prolific career as a Bollywood superstar, Salman Khan has been able to command high fees for his movie and television appearances.
Known for appearing in multiple movies each year, this has helped ensure his annual career earnings remain consistently high.
Here’s an estimated overview of Salman Khan’s career earnings:
- Salman Khan’s Salary In 2009 – $100,000
- Salman Khan’s Salary In 2010 – $205,000
- Salman Khan’s Salary In 2012 – $11.35 million
- Salman Khan’s Salary In 2013 – $25 million
- Salman Khan’s Salary In 2015 – $33.5 million
- Salman Khan’s Salary In 2018 – $13 million
- Salman Khan’s Salary In 2019 – $20 million
- Salman Khan’s Salary In 2020 – $21 million
- Salman Khan’s Salary In 2021 – $24 million
- Salman Khan’s Salary In 2022 – $47 million
Salman Khan’s Net Worth Annually
While Salman Khan isn’t quite as wealthy as the richest people in India, his net worth has continued to grow as his career has developed.
Here’s a breakdown of Salman Khan’s annual net worth:
- Salman Khan’s Net Worth In 2017 – $170 million
- Salman Khan’s Net Worth In 2018 – $210 million
- Salman Khan’s Net Worth In 2019 – $280 million
- Salman Khan’s Net Worth In 2020 – $300 million
- Salman Khan’s Net Worth In 2021 – $350 million
- Salman Khan’s Net Worth In 2022 – $370 million
Between 1999 and 2001, Khan dated Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai and has also dated actresses such as Sangeeta Bijlani, Katrina Kaif, and Somy Ali.
Since 2012, Salman Khan has been in a relationship with Iulia Vântur, a Romanian actress, model, and famous singer.
In 2002 he was arrested for driving his car into a bakery while intoxicated, avoiding a five-year sentence in prison after his sentence was suspended.
Awards & Achievements
Salman Khan has been nominated for and been the recipient of numerous awards and accolades over the course of his career.
Here are some highlights from Salman Khan’s career:
- 1990: For his performance in Maine Pyar Kiya, Salman Khan is awarded Best Male Debut at the Filmfare Awards.
- 1999: Khan picks up another Filmfare Awards win for Best Supporting Actor for his work on the movie Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
- 2002: Khan’s role in Chori Chori Chupke Chupke lands him the Bollywood Movie Award for Most Sensational Actor.
- 2011: His performance in Dabangg earns Khan a Best Actor (Popular Choice) win at the Screen Awards.
- 2016: The movie Bajrangi Bhaijaan is awarded Best Film at the Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards, with Khan getting a nomination for Best Actor in a Leading Role.
- 2017: At the Zee Cine Awards, he wins the Best Actor award for his role in the movie Suitan.
How Does Salman Khan Spend His Money?
Salman Khan is well known for his luxurious lifestyle and owns some of the most expensive houses in the world, including spacious apartments in Mumbai’s Bandra neighborhood and a farmhouse in Panvel.
To celebrate his 50th birthday in 2016, Khan gifted himself one of the most expensive yachts in the world, replacing an older yacht he’d purchased in 2009.
Salman Khan has been active in the film and television industry since the 1980s, and with over a hundred roles to his name, there are plenty of noteworthy high points.
Here are some of the best highlights of Salman Khan’s career:
- 1989: Salman Khan gets his breakthrough starring role in the romantic drama Maine Pyar Kiya, one of the highest-grossing movies of its time.
- 1998: A prolific year for Khan, he appears in no less than five movies, including the smash hit Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya.
- 2010: Khan’s starring role in Dabangg kickstarts his successful action movie franchise and marks him as a versatile actor.
- 2011: Khan launches his own production company, SKBH Productions (Salman Khan Being Human Productions).
- 2012: His appearance in Ek Tha Tiger begins his lucrative association wiht the production company Yash Raj Films.
Favorite Salman Khan Quotes
Salman Khan has been interviewed on many occasions over the course of his career to discuss life as an actor and television presenter.
His insights into his craft and broader observations on life and relationships have been inspirational for his millions of fans.
Here are our favorite quotes from Salman Khan:
- ” I had just 15 days to work on my body for the climactic fight of ‘Bodyguard.’ And I would work on every muscle of my body two/three times a week. I would have developed a superb body if I had three months, but squeezing it into 15 days can be harmful. Also, as you grow older, your metabolic rate slows down.” – Salman Khan
- ” It feels nice to be loved, but let me tell you there are 10 times more better looking, stylish and talented guys than me. So there’s no solid reason for me to be proud! I don’t think I have done anything extraordinary to change people’s lives.” – Salman Khan
- ” I work with brands that I personally connect with or personally use. For example, I was already driving the Suzuki Hayabusa long before I started endorsing Suzuki.” – Salman Khan
- ” In the past, I had a knee-jerk approach to work, and it showed on screen. I was doing movies for the wrong reasons – trying to juggle dates, do too many guest appearances, take up projects under pressure or for emotional reasons.” – Salman Khan
- ” I feel blessed that I haven’t seen or felt real pain to be immune to it. But I am dreading the time it comes. I feel blessed to have everything going fine. My parents’ health is good, my brothers are well-settled, I have a great brother-in-law and my own career is doing fine. I hope and pray that I am fit and fine always.” – Salman Khan
3 Amazing Lessons From Salman Khan
Now that you know all about Salman Khan’s net worth let’s take a look at some of the valuable lessons we can take from his experiences.
In addition to his acting career, Khan has invested time and effort in philanthropy and mentoring aspiring Indian actors to achieve their goals.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Salman Khan:
1. Don’t Let Yourself Be Put Off By Negative Comments
With over 100 movies to his name, it’s inevitable that some of these are going to be critical and commercial failures.
Khan isn’t put off giving it his all even when critics put him down, preferring to carry on and persevere regardless.
2. Discover Your Strengths In Your Weaknesses
Just as critical failures can be breeding ground for growth, so too can your weaknesses be opportunities to learn how to develop new strengths.
3. Show Respect For Other People’s Beliefs, Whether It’s Religious Or Political
Growing up in a household with Muslim and Hindi people taught Khan the importance of respecting everyone’s beliefs, regardless of whether you share them.
His upbringing taught Khan to celebrate Ganesh Utsav, Eid, and Christmas with the same degree of respect and appreciation.
That concludes this overview of Salman Khan’s net worth, covering his prolific career as a Bollywood star and prime-time Indian television host.
His movies have earned millions of dollars at the box office, making him a household name in India.
With his career ongoing to this day, his net worth will continue to grow, so be sure to check back here for our updates, bringing you the latest information.
As of November 2022, Salman Khan’s net worth is estimated to be $260 Million.