What is Justin Gaethje’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$4 Million|
|Born:||November 14, 1988|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional MMA Fighter|
|Last Updated:||November 29, 2022|
Justin Gaethje is an American mixed martial artist who is a former interim UFC Lightweight Champion and former NCAA Division I All-American.
Prior to joining the UFC, Gaethje was a champion in the World Series of Fighting where he had a long title reign as the lightweight champion.
As of January 2023, Justin Gaethje’s net worth is estimated to be $4 Million.
Justin Gaethje Facts
- Gaethje was born in Safford, Arizona, and grew up in the city.
- He competed as an amateur wrestler at the University of Northern Colorado.
- In 2011, he made his professional MMA debut with a win against Kevin Croom.
- From January 2014 to July 2017, Gaethje was the Lightweight Champion in the World Series of Fighting.
- He had his UFC debut match in 2017 against Michael Johnson, winning via technical knockout.
- Gaethje fought Tony Ferguson at UFC 249 and won the interim UFC Lightweight Championship.
Justin Ray Gaethje was born November 14, 1988, in Safford, Arizona, and attended high school in the city.
At first, Gaethje followed in the footsteps of the men in his family and was working in a copper mine as a teenager after being a high school wrestler.
The hours proved to be too much for Gaethje, and he took the wrestling knowledge he gained at Safford High School to enroll at the University of Northern Colorado.
During his All-American career at UNC, Gaethje began practicing in mixed martial arts after meeting the likes of Georges St. Pierre and Clay Guida, winning all seven of his amateur matches.
Justin Gaethje made his professional MMA debut on August 20, 2011, against Kevin Croom and won via knockout.
He started his career with 18 consecutive professional wins, including winning the World Series of Fighting Lightweight Championship
In 2017, he made his UFC debut against Michael Johnson, winning via TKO in the second round in what was called the Fight of the Year.
Justin Gaethje’s next fight would be his first loss, though, as he fell to Eddie Alvarez at UFC 218 and then lost to Dustin Poirier for his second consecutive loss.
He would rebound nicely, though, winning his next four fights against the likes of Tony Ferguson and James Vick before dropping matches to Khabib Nurmagomedov and Charles Oliveira since 2020.
Justin Gaethje’s Career Earnings
Justin Gaethje started wrestling in his teenage years and learned mixed martial arts in college, but didn’t really earn much money until making it to the UFC.
In his days with WSOF and ROF, Gaethje was scraping by before earning big payouts in his MMA career.
Here’s an estimated overview of Justin Gaethje’s career earnings:
- Justin Gaethje’s Salary In 2013 – $55,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Salary In 2014 – $102,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Salary In 2015 – $180,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Salary In 2016 – $280,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Salary In 2017 – $468,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Salary In 2018 – $437,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Salary In 2019 – $609,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Salary In 2020 – $2.1 Million
- Justin Gaethje’s Salary In 2021 – $556,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Salary In 2022 – $652,000
Though he would hit a cold streak in the early 2020s, Justin Gaethje is still among the highest-paid fighters in the UFC lightweight division.
Future payouts for Gaethje will continue to easily be six figures, with the potential for over $1 million due to his track record.
Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth Annually
Prior to joining the UFC, Justin Gaethje found himself living like most people do, surviving paycheck to paycheck.
That would change in the mid 2010s as he worked his way up the ladder and improved his MMA record, becoming a millionaire in the process.
Here’s a breakdown of Justin Gaethje’s annual estimated net worth:
- Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth In 2013 – $50,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth In 2014 – $120,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth In 2015 – $250,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth In 2016 – $475,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth In 2017 – $850,000
- Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth In 2018 – $1.1 Million
- Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth In 2019 – $1.5 Million
- Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth In 2020 – $3 Million
- Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth In 2021 – $3.3 Million
- Justin Gaethje’s Net Worth In 2022 – $3.6 Million
Gaethje now leads a comfortable life thanks to the millions that he’s made during his MMA career.
Now one of the favorite fighters of UFC president Dana White, Gaethje will likely have a lengthy post-fighting career with the company to allow him to pad his net worth.
Justin Gaethje was raised alongside his twin brother Marcus and two sisters in Safford, Arizona where his mother was a postmaster and his father working in the Morenci copper mine.
Gaethje has never been married and doesn’t have children, saying that he’s intentionally put those life events on the backburner as he focuses on his mixed martial arts career.
He has been active in politics, supporting former United States President Donald Trump by saying that Trump helped to establish the UFC.
During his career, Gaethje has made some famous friends including Snoop Dogg and members of the Las Vegas Raiders.
Awards & Achievements
Justin Gaethje started earning accolades for himself when he was a teenager and wrestling in Arizona and continued his success into adulthood.
No matter where he’s been, Gaethje has been able to rack up a long list of awards, and that includes the pinnacle of Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Here are the top awards and achievements from Justin Gaethje’s career across multiple sports:
- NCAA Division I All-American for wrestling in 2010.
- Two-time Fight of the Year winner in the UFC for his matches against Michael Johnson and Michael Chandler.
- Won the WSOF Lightweight Championship and set the record for most consecutive title defenses.
- Defeated Tony Ferguson to become interim UFC Lightweight Champion in May 2020.
- Received Fight of the Night bonuses six times during his UFC career.
Gaethje is hopeful that he’ll have another shot at winning the UFC Lightweight Championship, a title that he dropped in 2020.
He’s still among the highest ranked in the weight class and figures to be a force in the division for years to come.
How Does Justin Gaethje Spend His Money?
As Justin Gaethje makes his way up the ranks of the richest MMA fighters in the world, he’s amassed quite a bit of spending money.
Though he doesn’t shop for the most expensive cars in the world, Gaethje does have a nice collection that includes an Audi e-Tron, a Nissan Titan, and a Subaru WRX STI.
When staying in Miami, Gaethje and Khabib Nurmagomedov rent one of the most expensive houses in the world that overlooks Biscayne Bay and has over 7,500 square feet.
As for his permanent home, Gaethje currently lives in a modest home in Arvada, Colorado and spends a lot of time and money volunteering.
Justin Gaethje has been able to string together one highlight after another during his career that dates back to his amateur wrestling days.
The offensive wrestling style that he learned in high school has gotten him through the ranks of mixed martial arts, and he’s put together a great resume.
Here are some of the best highlights of Justin Gaethje’s career:
- Named an NCAA Division I All-American in wrestling while at the University of Northern Colorado.
- Made his professional MMA debut in 2011 with a knockout victory at ROF 41.
- Became the World Series of Fighting Lightweight Champion in 2014 and defended the belt five times.
- Started his UFC career with a technical knockout victory over Michael Johnson at The Ultimate Fighter: Redemption Finale in 2017.
- Defeated Tony Ferguson to become interim UFC Lightweight Champion in 2020.
As he gets toward the end of his career, there are still some chances for Gaethje to make create some more highlight moments.
He’s already taken down the likes of Donald Cerrone, James Vick, and Tony Ferguson, and wants to add a couple of big names like Max Holloway before retiring.
Favorite Justin Gaethje Quotes
When you’re in the UFC, there are plenty of opportunities to speak to the public when Joe Rogan approaches you with a microphone.
Gaethje has talked about his time in the octagon and life outside of it as he trains for his next fight and remains hyper-focused.
Here are our favorite quotes from Justin Gaethje:
- ” I could lose and it could be the best fight ever, it still does great things for me.” – Justin Gaethje
- ” Humans recognize effort, nd that’s what I do. I give maximum effort.” – Justin Gaethje
- ” I’m trying to be as real as I can and I’m being myself. I’m not gonna create an act.” – Justin Gaethje
- ” If he can beat me, then kudos to him, but he’s going to have to walk through hell.” – Justin Gaethje
- ” We play a fun game. It’s an emotional game.” – Justin Gaethje
3 Amazing Lessons From Justin Gaethje
Justin Gaethje has been one of the most focused fighters throughout his mixed martial arts career and has reached the mountaintop with the UFC.
Gaethje has found success no matter what he’s doing, from wrestling high schoolers in Arizona to fighting the top names in mixed martial arts.
Now that you know all about Justin Gaethje’s net worth, there’s plenty to learn from the former lightweight champion.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Justin Gaethje:
1. Your Path Is Not Defined
Justin Gaethje didn’t follow in the footsteps of his brother, father, or his grandparents by staying in Safford, Arizona.
The men in his family all worked in the copper mines, but Gaethje had larger aspirations than working 100 hours per week in the mines.
He decided to go to college, with everyone telling him that it wouldn’t work out, but he proved them all wrong and became a UFC champion.
2. Stay Focused
There aren’t many UFC fighters that have been able to maintain the type of focus that Justin Gaethje has in his career.
While many of the other fighters have gotten married of had children, Gaethje has set those aside to focus solely on his career.
That’s not the path that most people would take, or even suggest, but it’s the one that’s worked for Gaethje to this point.
3. Show Respect
There are a lot of fighters in the UFC who simply come in for the biggest paycheck and don’t respect their opponents.
Justin Gaethje is not one of those fighters, though, as he holds all of his opponents in the highest regard and studies them closely.
He hasn’t been one to make waves negatively, which has made him one of the most endearing fighters with the company.
Justin Gaethje holds an impressive MMA record during his career, including a short run as the lightweight champion.
His success has allowed him to make millions and give back to his community, with Gaethje saying he wants to get into human services after his fighting career.
The man who was told he wouldn’t amount to anything more than being a copper miner has shown that he’s one of the best fighters in the world.
As of January 2023, Justin Gaethje’s net worth is estimated to be $4 Million.