What is Mark Simone’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$20 Million|
|Height:||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional DJ|
|Last Updated:||March 8, 2023|
Mark Simone is a prominent American radio personality, and the most listened to radio host in New York City.
Although he started out in 1997, he can still be heard on the air every morning on WOR In NYC from 10 am to 12 pm every weekday.
As of March 2023, Mark Simone’s net worth is estimated to be $20 Million.
Mark Simone Facts
- As of 2022, Mark Simone hosts the number 1 radio talk show in New York City.
- Mark Simone is the longest-running New York City talk show host who is still on the air, having been on the air since 1977.
- Early in his career, before joining WNEW, Simone was the youngest talk show host on WMCA in 1980.
- Aside from radio, Simone has also appeared as a regular contributor on Fox Business Network, CNN, MSNBC, and CNBC.
- Simone has been praised by Donald Trump for his radio hosting talents.
Not much is known about Mark Simone’s early life, and he hasn’t shared his exact date of birth, though it is estimated he is around 68 years old.
We do know that Simone was born in Boston, Massachusetts, and attended Choate Rosemary and Cranbrook schools before enrolling at Emerson College.
After graduating from Emerson College, Mark was hired as a host for a nightly show on WPIX-FM, a music station in New York City known for playing cutting-edge music by artists including Madonna and Blondie.
Although he was just out of college, Simone quickly made a name for himself for his hosting abilities, comedy, and interviews with some of music’s biggest artists of the time.
Due to his success at WPIX-FM, Simone was noticed by WMCA, the most listened-to talk radio station in America known for famous hosts like Larry King and Barry Gray.
In his early 20s, Mark was hired by WMCA and became the youngest host to ever broadcast for the major talk station, with his daily show becoming an immediate hit with listeners.
Simone hosted at WMCA from 1980 to 1982 before moving on to WNEW and co-hosted a nightly show on the CBS radio network with Tom Snyder from 1982 to 1992.
After leaving WNEW, Simone worked at WABC from 1999 to 2012, hosting the Saturday morning talk show and the Saturday night show, both of which became massive hits for the radio personality.
In 2013, Simone moved on to WOR, hosting the midmorning weekday timeslot, and he has remained with this station since, making it the most listened to broadcast in New York City.
Mark Simone’s Career Earnings
Mark Simone keeps his yearly salary and annual career earnings under tight wraps and little information exists about just how much this radio personality brings in on average.
While some estimate he makes around $82,000 per year, this has not been verified by any reliable sources.
If any details are released about his career earnings in the future, we will be sure to keep you updated.
Like his early life, Mark Simone has remained remarkably tight-lipped about his personal life, and precious little is known about how he spends his time off-air.
While he is active on his official Instagram and official Twitter accounts, he posts mostly about politics and meetings with other celebrities.
Similarly, Simone has never disclosed any information about whether he is married, dating, single, or if he has children.
We know that, due to his radio show being broadcast from New York City, he must live in that area, but aside from that, no concrete details exist.
Awards & Achievements
Although Mark Simone hasn’t won any awards during his time as a radio personality, he has achieved a lot during his time on-air.
Here are some highlights from Mark Simone’s career:
- At WMCA, Mark was the youngest radio personality to ever broadcast on the major station.
- In the 1980s, he hosted a daily comedy talk show where he got to interview big names like Jay Leno and Bill Maher.
- As of 2022, Mark Simone is the longest-running talk show host in New York.
- Mark Simone’s midmorning weekday timeslot ranked number one in total listeners in 2022, beating out every other New York radio station.
- In an average month, Mark Simone is heard by over 23 million listeners in New York and across the country.
How Does Mark Simone Spend His Money?
Mark doesn’t share a lot about his private life, including what he spends his impressive net worth on.
While we know he must live in New York City, there is no information about whether he owns his own house or lives in an opulent penthouse near Central Park.
That said, since NYC is one of the most expensive cities in the U.S., we can imagine that he’s paid a pretty penny for whatever home he is currently living in.
Mark Simone has reached many milestones throughout his career, but some stand out more than others.
Here are some of the best highlights of Mark Simone’s career:
- WPIX-FM hired Mark after graduating from Emerson, and his hosting on the station kickstarted his decades-long career.
- In 1980, Simone became the youngest host to ever appear on WMCA.
- Since starting his radio career in 1997, Simone has become the longest-running radio personality in New York.
- Simone was invited to appear at Carnegie Hall, Madison Square Garden, and The White House thanks to his successful radio career.
- Mark Simone has hosted over 200 specials on PBS about music and the arts.
Favorite Mark Simone Quotes
It goes without saying that after such a long career on the radio, Mark Simone has a lot of great things to say.
Here are our favorite quotes from Mark Simone:
- “The problem with politicians is they’re all talk and no execution.” – Mark Simone
- “Everything is different. We’re now in a Twitter world, which means more points and less words. Everything is sped up. It used to be common to have a guest for an hour, now, an interview is 6-8 minutes. In the digital age, people have an attention span shorter than goldfish.” – Mark Simone
- “People have access to everything on earth now, so finding unique content and news is trickier than ever. They can customize their internet content to exactly what they want to hear, so to be able to do that for a mass audience is tricky.” – Mark Simone
- “I’ve covered a lot of disasters on the air, but you know how hurricanes and floods are going to end. After the 9-11 attacks, no one knew what was coming next. I ended up on the air that night for about 12 hours ’til 6 a.m. To this day, people still come up to me and tell me they were very young then and too terrified to sleep and listened to me all night lying in bed in the dark, and it got them through that night.” – Mark Simone
- “I’ve been to everything. I have been to nude beaches, and it’s never filled with who you want to see. It’s always the worst bodies ever. Even whales are laughing when they swim by.” – Mark Simone
3 Amazing Lessons From Mark Simone
Now that you know all about Mark Simone’s net worth, we can look closer at the lessons we can learn from his impressive career.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Mark Simone:
1. Find Time To Laugh
Having hosted a daily comedy talk show, Mark Simone knows how to enjoy a laugh, and that is something that everyone should learn from.
Laughter can really be the best medicine, especially if you’re feeling worn down after chasing your goals relentlessly.
2. Look For Other Opportunities
Mark Simone has been a radio host for many different stations, and while it’s not a good idea to change jobs too frequently, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider opportunities regularly.
If you never look for what else is available, you could risk missing out on some genuinely spectacular opportunities that could give you a huge success boost.
3. Give It Your All
No matter what your hustle is, you should always give it your all if you are truly committed to finding success.
If you don’t give it your all, you’re much less likely to achieve your goals.
Mark Simone is one of the most prolific radio hosts in America, and he has a substantial net worth to prove it.
While we don’t have a lot of information about how this radio titan makes or spends his money, this could very well change in the future.
Be sure to check back frequently to stay updated as Mark Simone’s net worth increases.
As of March 2023, Mark Simone’s net worth is estimated to be $20 Million.