What is Thomas Bangalter’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$90 Million|
|Born:||January 3, 1975|
|Height:||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Country of Origin:||France|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional DJ|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Bangalter is one half of Daft Punk, a hugely famous electronic music duo that has influenced various genres in the music industry. The duo’s popularity started during the French house movement in the late 1990s.
The band’s smash hit song Get Lucky, has contributed to his biggest commercial triumphs to date in the music industry.
The key to Bangalter’s music success involves combining different genres of disco, pop, indie rock, and house music into a cohesive sound.
As of January 2023, Thomas Bangalter’s net worth is estimated to be $90 Million.
Thomas Bangalter Facts
- Bangalter met his partner in Daft Punk, Guy, in 1987.
- In 2017, Bangalter helped produce an album with Arcade Fire called “Everything Now”.
- Daft Punk released a video that announced their breakup in 2021.
- Bangalter was a major contributor to the movie “En Corps”, in 2022.
- In 2016, Guy-Manuel and Bangalter’ relationship hit a bumpy patch and they decided to work with other major artists.
Thomas Bangalter was born January 3, 1975, in Paris, France.
Bangalter was born into a Jewish family, but they were not overly religious. He was introduced to classical music at the age of 6 when he started practicing the piano.
His parents were very serious about his piano lessons, which later helped him pursue his dream of creating his own unique sound.
Thomas’ father was a songwriter for up-and-coming artists, so he had a head start with his dream of becoming a professional musician. Bangalter attended Lycee Carnot school, where he eventually met his future bandmate, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, the other half of Daft Punk.
The two friends got along right away, with their similar interests in old music and films. While still at school, the two formed a band along with another friend, Laurent Brancowitz.
Their indie rock band, Darlin, didn’t make a great first impression and received their first critique from a magazine where their music was called “daft punky thrash”.
The unfazed band decided to use this to their advantage and renamed the band “Daft Punk”.
Bangalter and Guy went to a club one night and discovered their passion for electronic music. Laurent, however, was not interested in the new genre, and shortly after left the band.
Bangalter, one of the top 20 richest DJ’s in the world, and Guy, carried on with the band and decided to try and create a career within the music industry.
Before Daft Punk became known, Bangalter released two extended plays or Ep’s, which consisted of Techno and House mixes.
Bangalter gave a demo of Daft Punk to Slam, which resulted in their first single called “The New Wave”.
Not much came about from their first single at first, which is why Bangalter joined another band, Da Mongoloids, for a short while. Alongside Junior Sanchez and Armand Van Helden, they released one song with a record label called Strictly Rhythm and then broke up.
Daft Punk released their first album called “Homework” and Bangalter started to focus on founding his record label, called Roule.
He released multiple solo singles, such as “Outrun” and “Turbo”. During this time, the album “Homework” received rave reviews worldwide, with one of the songs to stand out the most being “Around the World”.
The group went on to release four more albums; Discovery, Alive 1997, Human After All, and Alive 2007, but “Human After All” did not receive much love from the critics, who absolutely hated it.
They also released a soundtrack for the film, Tron: Legacy, but in 2021 it was announced through a video, that Daft Punk would be breaking up. This was no surprise, as the band had started to struggle musically near the end.
After the breakup, Bangalter performed solo in 2021 at the Mythologies, a French ballet, and recently, Bangalter contributed to the movie En Corps, which featured Hofesh Schechter and was directed by Cedric Klapisch.
Thomas Bangalter’s Career Earnings
The band kept their earnings under wraps, but we can estimate how much Bangalter earned based on album sales and their live performances.
Here’s an estimated overview of Thomas Bangalter’s annual income:
- Thomas Bangalter’s Salary In 2017 – $2.8 million
- Thomas Bangalter’s Salary In 2018 – $4.5 million
- Thomas Bangalter’s Salary In 2019 – $3.2 million
- Thomas Bangalter’s Salary In 2020 – $1.9 million
- Thomas Bangalter’s Salary In 2021 – $1 million
- Thomas Bangalter’s Salary In 2022 – $8 million
Now that Daft Punk is no longer together, it will be interesting to see what Bangalter gets up to.
He has the talent and skill to collaborate with top names in the music industry, so it remains to be seen whom he chooses to team up with in the future.
Thomas Bangalter’s Net Worth Annually
With Daft Punk’s massive sales worldwide, Bangalter was able to earn a huge income, making him very wealthy.
As their music is still popular, the royalties will continue to flow, earning the members of Daft Punk a huge amount of money for the foreseeable future.
Here’s a breakdown of Thomas Bangalter’s annual net worth:
- Thomas Bangalter’s Net Worth In 2017 – $70 million
- Thomas Bangalter’s Net Worth In 2018 – $72 million
- Thomas Bangalter’s Net Worth In 2019 – $74 million
- Thomas Bangalter’s Net Worth In 2020 – $75 million
- Thomas Bangalter’s Net Worth In 2021 – $78 million
- Thomas Bangalter’s Net Worth In 2022 – $90 million
With the success of Daft Punk behind him, Bangalter is certainly able to attract other artists with whom he can collaborate on new projects.
After the success of his previous ventures, Bangalter is sure to find another rich source of inspiration with which to boost his already impressive new worth.
Both members of Daft Punk have decided to keep their personal lives private and their families away from the prying eyes of the media.
What is known is that Bangalter is married to a French actress named Elodie Bouchez. The couple had two sons named Roxan and Tara-Jay.
The family lives in Paris with Thomas commuting to Los Angeles to work on his filmmaking interests. You can follow him on his official Twitter account to see what projects he’s working on next.
Awards & Achievements
Daft Punk has been incredibly popular and Thomas’ incredible musical talent played a huge part in their success.
Album sales have been impressive and the music industry has showered them with accolades and awards.
Here are some of the more memorable moments from Thomas Bangalter’s career:
- He received a Grammy Award for Album of the Year for “Random Access Memories”, in 2014.
- In 2009, Thomas received a Grammy for Best Dance/Electronic Recording award.
- Thomas received a Grammy Award for “Best Electronic/Dance Album” in 2009.
- “Get Lucky” earned a Grammy Award for Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance in 2014.
- He received a Grammy Award for “Best Dance/Electronica Album” in 2014.
There is much anticipation amongst Daft Punk fans as news of further collaborations between Bangalter and various artists do the rounds.
How Does Thomas Bangalter Spend His Money?
There is not much known about Bangalter’s spending habits and charitable work.
He has invested a lot of time and money in his record label, but except for that, he prefers to remain private about his personal life.
Daft Punk famously used a black, 1987 Ferrari 412, in the film Electroma and Bangalter has been seen in some of the most expensive cars in the world alongside Guy-Manuel, who certainly has a Ferrari in his garage.
With his history of creating exciting new sounds, Bangalter was never satisfied with the final product, always trying to improve the sound.
Here are some of the best highlights of Thomas Bangalter’s career:
- Bangalters was involved in a group called Da Mongoloid for a short period in 1996.
- Daft Punk released its first album called “Homework” in 1997.
- He founded his record label called “Roule” in 1997.
- The duo released an animated film called “Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem” in 2003.
- Bangalter started to slowly release his solo work in 1995.
With Bangalter spending time in Los Angeles working on film scores, he is certain to produce some interesting new projects in the years ahead.
Favorite Thomas Bangalter Quotes
Bangalter has always had the urge to push the envelope and develop new sounds and new music.
This can result in either a worldwide hit or a total flop, and he’s never sure which it will be until the music is released.
Here are our favorite quotes from Thomas Bangalter:
- “Electronic music right now is in its comfort zone, and it’s not moving one inch.” – Thomas Bangalter
- “It’s very strange how electronic music formatted itself and forgot that its roots are about the surprise, freedom, and the acceptance of every race, gender, and style of music into this big party.” – Thomas Bangalter
- “We come from a generation that wanted to make electronic music accepted, at a time [when] it was not.” – Thomas Bangalter
- “The show, like everything we have done and still do, is just one more experiment.” – Thomas Bangalter
- “We’re genuinely happy if some musicians of this younger generation are influenced by our music, as we were ourselves influenced 10 years ago by older musicians.” – Thomas Bangalter
3 Amazing Lessons From Thomas Bangalter
Thomas Bangalter is a risk taker and his record shows that he’s not afraid to try something new in the music world.
It is more important to him to be leading the pack, rather than falling in line and into obscurity.
Now that you know all about Thomas Bangalter’s net worth, here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Thomas Bangalter:
1. Take Risks
Sometimes it’s good to take risks. Thomas is an example of this, as he juggled his solo and duo careers and still managed to hit the jackpot with his music.
2. Be A Leader, Not A Follower
Thomas Bangalter was the face of Daft Punk as he led the group to fame alongside his friend. So it is no wonder that he became the more successful of the two, as he was the one who was prepared to risk it all for fame.
3. Always Aim For Your Best
No matter the victory, Bangalter always aimed for more and continues to do so to this day.
Thomas Bangalter’s work has influenced various artists and genres worldwide. Even after the end of Daft Punk, the duo is still remembered for making a remarkable impact on the music industry.
He succeeded as a solo performer and as a band member throughout his career and his impact on the music industry was so extreme that it was described as the revival of house music which kickstarted a whole host of new talent.
As of January 2023, Thomas Bangalter’s net worth is estimated to be $90 Million.